Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!


  • Please log in to reply
3739 replies to this topic

#361 leslioni

leslioni
  • Newbie
  • 50 posts

    Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:26 PM

    Where did you buy all your starfish from????
     

    Originally Posted by luvmoo 


    Yay!! That is so exciting about your ring!! Can't wait to see pics!! :)

     

    3500 for decorations is INSANE!!!!! I am bringing my own decorations down, however with Jamaica already being beautiful i am not bringing alot... All i am taking down is a few blue seashell candles... i bought some blue(turquoise) organza to decorate the arch, and turquoise chair sashes, and then i bought some large startfish to put on the arch also.. as it is soo much cheaper than buying flowers. from there i have a bunch of small starfish to put on the tables, The resort does include some very basic decorating things for the reception and ceremony, so i will just add my stuff to what they have..it will be simple... but a little extra than just bare tables.. :) so what i am bringing for decorations will take very little room in my suitcase as it is mostly just seashells and fabric for the most part..

     


     



     



     



    #362 Janet1480

    Janet1480
    • Member
    • 709 posts

      Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:26 PM


      if you decide you want to travel light and since you are restricted because of the no smoking, poker, etc....why dont you just play off the alcohol and have a special signature drink table for the guys. like a tequila table with fun signs. I've seen this before and it looks really fun and the guests love it :)

       

      otherwise i think some of the other ladies had good ideas like money clips and sunglasses.
       

      Originally Posted by MJKH 

      Here's something else to throw out which I haven't yet found and answer to on this site.  At the reception in Mexico, we're putting out flip flops and pashminas for the ladies but don't have a clue what, if anything to do yet for the men.  Think $5 - $10 pp and small/lightweight/easy to take...alcohol is plentiful at our all-inclusive, no need to give that.  Our adult male guests range from 20-something to 70-something.  They don't play poker, smoke, wear cufflinks...they wouldn't use a fancy shaving kit or barware, they don't play golf...ughhh...I'm stuck!  



       


      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


      #363 tamandrob

      tamandrob
      • Jr. Member
      • 349 posts

        Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

        I really like the large glasses I think it will look great and you can't beat the price!!!!

         

        Originally Posted by MJKH 

        Ok, so it's great to have a plan come together...this was the inspiration photo I showed my FI this morning.  I told him we were on our way out to look for turquoise vessels of some sort to use for airy arrangements of pink and white flowers at the reception (it's amazing what he'll do when you promise to get him a sausage mcmuffin first!).

        pink_lathyrus_in_turquoise_glass_vase_backlit_gpbe08-00000487-001.jpg

         

        We went to a few places...Homesense, Winners...then to Pier One where he found these:

         

        IMG_0002.jpg

         

        They're mouth blown glass, etched...large and chunky drinking glasses (almost 6 inches tall)...on sale came to around $10 a piece.  I think they'll be perfect.



         


        Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

        32 Booked.......and counting!


        #364 amjohnson

        amjohnson
        • Site Supporter
        • 340 posts

          Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

          Hi MJKH,

           

          So I love your turquoise dress! I wish I would have found it sooner...one of our colors is turquoise and we went with red dresses but now really having second thoughts.

           

          Here is an idea for a DIY project for turquoise vases, are you taking them with you to your DW or is this for your at home reception? I am really thinking about renting my vases from the resort...don't want to think about travelling with glass vases.

           

          But, if you pack them in your carry on, it should all be good! Here is the project...There is a spray at Michael's in the spray paint aisle that will frost glass. Michael's right now has turquoise vases in a few different styles and sizes...they would look really nice frosted!! They also have pink vases if you wanted to stay to pink but I think turquoise is an accent color for a DW is really nice...like the ocean.
           

          Originally Posted by MJKH 

          ZgDb4cF0dgvDFoa2XYwMGfm5qfFppUV5mcUZmXnpxQwZJSUFVvr65eXlepll6cUl-UWpxXrJ-bn6BUX5KZm5iempxbrJKTnF-hkF-bpgIj2xyMTQUrektKiwND-zOFXXRy-rIJ0BAA**.jpeg

           

          Love this mercury glass one...but it's $60...eeep!  I feel a DIY project coming on.  Has anyone ever painted or tinted a glass vase?



           



          #365 amjohnson

          amjohnson
          • Site Supporter
          • 340 posts

            Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

            I agree, great start! I think a few more feathers would add a bit to it. Have you thought about a little more bling in the middle? I know when I made mine and bm's I changed my idea a few times.

            There is one aisle at Michael's that has ...can't think of what they are called...pendants etc. Also check the wedding section...I took hair pins apart for the bling.
             

            Originally Posted by beachbum21 


            Hey there, sounds like you got a pretty good deal! how big are the starfish at Michaels?

             

            Ladies - want your opinion on this hairpiece, It's a first try, wanted to see if I could do it myself so this is not the one I would actually use but something similar. Let me know your thoughts!!

             

            Hair Flower ND 1.jpg



             



             

            Attached Files



            #366 amjohnson

            amjohnson
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

              Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:37 PM


               

              Originally Posted by MJKH 

              Here's something else to throw out which I haven't yet found and answer to on this site.  At the reception in Mexico, we're putting out flip flops and pashminas for the ladies but don't have a clue what, if anything to do yet for the men.  Think $5 - $10 pp and small/lightweight/easy to take...alcohol is plentiful at our all-inclusive, no need to give that.  Our adult male guests range from 20-something to 70-something.  They don't play poker, smoke, wear cufflinks...they wouldn't use a fancy shaving kit or barware, they don't play golf...ughhh...I'm stuck!  



               



              Originally Posted by leslioni 

              Where did you buy all your starfish from????
               



               


              Check out Michael's...they are the only place in Canada, and locally that I could get them without ordering online...if you aren't ordering lots, it's not worth the shipping cost.

              Michael's sells them one by one for 7$ each...crazy..but if you get the Starfish garland, there are 9 in the bag and you can take the garland apart. The bag is 25$ but if you get the 40% off, it works out to 12$....I will post photo later tonight of this bag and the starfish glitter I got at a dollar store.

               



              #367 luvmoo

              luvmoo
              • Member
              • 503 posts

                Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:52 PM

                Hey! I got them off of ebay, from a seller by the name of  " anyname99" and it is for the business " florida shells and gifts"  the shipping was pretty fast and shipping prices were decent. and I had no issues getting the starfish delivered from the states to Canada with this purchasses.. or the starfish i bought from oriental trading either.. 

                 

                hope that helps! :)
                 

                Originally Posted by leslioni 

                Where did you buy all your starfish from????
                 



                 



                 



                #368 torilynnsmith

                torilynnsmith
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,748 posts

                  Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:57 PM


                  Very nice!!!! I agree with the other ladies bout the few minor changes but I love that so many ladies are DIYing these!!! Where did you pick up your flower?!

                  Originally Posted by beachbum21 


                  Hey there, sounds like you got a pretty good deal! how big are the starfish at Michaels?

                   

                  Ladies - want your opinion on this hairpiece, It's a first try, wanted to see if I could do it myself so this is not the one I would actually use but something similar. Let me know your thoughts!!

                   



                  These flower girl baskets may get axed in favour of these sinamay baskets, if I can get them large enough to hold their rose petals:

                   



                  No, sorry...it was in the spring of this year that I found them.  But what size do you need?  I have a girls 14 that I'm about to return...I bought a 14 and a 16 for my niece from Manitoba and she ended up needing the 16.  It probably wouldn't hurt to look at the Bay...sometimes things can hang around there for a long time...and if you found them at this point, they should be super cheap.  The brand name is penelope mack.

                  IMG_0001.jpg

                  So here's my dilemma with this flower girl dress...you've seen the floral pattern, and you've seen what my FI's daughter is wearing...I'm having trouble deciding on a bouquet.  I would love something really bright, but I pretty much have to stick to greens and pinks at this point.  I guess I'm feeling kinda stuck trying to be complimentary to the pattern in the flower girl dress.  Thoughts on these?

                   

                  1.  AAAADNK9UgUAAAAAANXJqg.jpg

                  2.  bouq2.jpg

                  3.  courtenay-lambert-green-and-pink-bouquet.jpg

                   

                  4.  emedina_blog_567_02.jpg

                   

                  5.  garden-bouquet-th.jpg

                   

                  6.  GraniteClubDanaSmith-PinkBridesBouquet3.jpg

                   

                  7.  Kirsten's Bouquet.jpg

                  8.  large_image-2.jpg

                   

                  9.  large_image.jpg

                   

                  10.  TaraJames-WatermellonPinkBridesBouquet2.jpg

                   

                  Here is my dress...and you've seen the bouquet handle wrap...my biggest question is, ONLY pink flowers, or should I ask for some white flowers in the bouquet as well?

                  675-ffffffffffffababab-medium.jpg

                   



                   

                   

                   



                  #369 MJKH

                  MJKH
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 654 posts

                    Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:33 PM


                    Oh my...I didn't even think to look at Michaels today for the glassware...I made FI help me dig thru the ribbon bin looking for that printed ribbon...he lasted all of 30 seconds doing that!

                     

                    We are going to take those vases from Pier One with us...we will only have about 36 guests, and with 6 or so to a table, we will have enough room in a carryon to take them.

                     

                    Originally Posted by amjohnson 

                    Hi MJKH,

                     

                    So I love your turquoise dress! I wish I would have found it sooner...one of our colors is turquoise and we went with red dresses but now really having second thoughts.

                     

                    Here is an idea for a DIY project for turquoise vases, are you taking them with you to your DW or is this for your at home reception? I am really thinking about renting my vases from the resort...don't want to think about travelling with glass vases.

                     

                    But, if you pack them in your carry on, it should all be good! Here is the project...There is a spray at Michael's in the spray paint aisle that will frost glass. Michael's right now has turquoise vases in a few different styles and sizes...they would look really nice frosted!! They also have pink vases if you wanted to stay to pink but I think turquoise is an accent color for a DW is really nice...like the ocean.
                     



                     



                     



                    #370 beachbum21

                    beachbum21
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 438 posts

                      Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

                      Hey Tori! I picked up the flower at the dollar store. When I make the real one I'm going to use two different types of feathers and I'll sew crystals and pearls into the centre, I used stick on embellishments in the centre of my trial flower :) Thanks for the feedback girls! I agree, needs more bling and a few more feathers, I also need to find more flowers!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users