Canadian Brides!!!!!!!!!

torilynnsmith

Ok, so you are totally justified in your feelings about that dress...they should be ashamed really.  Perhaps you should copy and send them some of the above comments from future brides who may have brought them some business but certainly won't be now!

I didn't have a super great experience shopping for a wedding dress at David's in the states, but omg...you could have pranced 15 bridesmaids in who were 15 different sizes and they had so much stock in so many colours I'm positive all 15 of them would walk out with their dress.  I would be stalking David's in Canada...sending e-mails and finding out the proposed opening date in Edmonton so you had a better idea of what they might offer and when.  Like Tori, I would probably next consider a rush order from a place that sells Bill Levkoff or Barijay bridesmaid dresses...you'd probably be looking at around $250 per dress though.  That's what I'm paying to rush a shorter dress that I ordered for my reception party dress (pre-alterations).

Good luck and keep us posted...I could now tell you my grad dress horror story to make you feel better.  This woman swore that she could make any dress from any photo...came with a long list of references.  Long story short, I was at her place until 3 am the morning of my grad...then back again at 10, only for her to have to "sew" it right on to me.  I had to run into the mall with my trench coat over it to pick up some corsages...then drive 30 minutes back home only to walk in the house, take the trench coat off and have my mother GASP, cut it off me, and call the bank to cancel the cheque she had sent me with to pay this woman.  Never again will I do anything like that...  

Thanks Ladies!!!! I am looking into all of my various options right now as we speak! and will be every day after work until then i am sure!!! 

On a funny note.. My picture of this Horrific dress made the front page of BDW and talking about how to avoid a dress disaster!! bahahah That is awesome. hey.. have to find the humor in this nightmare i suppose!! ;)

Thanks again ladies for all of your advise.. i will definately keep you posted!!

I just noticed that!!!  I love it : )  And I sooooo think you need to do a little TTD with that number!  

I'd post a picture of my grad dress now if only my mother hadn't cut it up immediately and made barbie doll dresses for my younger sister out of it!

Originally Posted by luvmoo View Post

Thanks Ladies!!!! I am looking into all of my various options right now as we speak! and will be every day after work until then i am sure!!! 

On a funny note.. My picture of this Horrific dress made the front page of BDW and talking about how to avoid a dress disaster!! bahahah That is awesome. hey.. have to find the humor in this nightmare i suppose!! ;)

Thanks again ladies for all of your advise.. i will definately keep you posted!!

Hi Jenn,

Okay, I saw someone mention Sears and I thought I would go and check for ya! I got my BM dresses there and I recently looked at a turquoise dress that I may get for me for Mexico.

I remember that that is one of your colors so I went and checked what sizes they carry and they do carry size 24! Sears also carries petite and regular fit in most dresses.

I included them link, these dresses are on sale right now for 75$..not bad. Since one of my bridesmaids backed out and has her dress in Scotland, I almost thought of getting these dresses for my other two bridesmaids as we had bought red dresses, long before my fiance decided to get his kilt (turquoise).

Anyways, let me know what you think!

http://www.sears.ca/product/jessica-md-chiffon-halter-occasion-dress/648-000267591-WF11-JE40-2833?campaign=rr_catalog-L2_PopularProductsInCategoryandCategoryTopSellers_0_1

http://www.sears.ca/catalog/dresses/11321/72#navControls

Hey Am, 

Thank you so much! those dresses are beautiful! We do plan on going to sears to check them out for sure!! :) i will run these by my girls and keep you guys posted!! :)

I am so happy that Sears has various sizes.. it will certainly help!! :)

Thanks again... woot.gif

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Hi Jenn,

Okay, I saw someone mention Sears and I thought I would go and check for ya! I got my BM dresses there and I recently looked at a turquoise dress that I may get for me for Mexico.

I remember that that is one of your colors so I went and checked what sizes they carry and they do carry size 24! Sears also carries petite and regular fit in most dresses.

I included them link, these dresses are on sale right now for 75$..not bad. Since one of my bridesmaids backed out and has her dress in Scotland, I almost thought of getting these dresses for my other two bridesmaids as we had bought red dresses, long before my fiance decided to get his kilt (turquoise).

http://www.sears.ca/product/jessica-md-chiffon-halter-occasion-dress/648-000267591-WF11-JE40-2833?campaign=rr_catalog-L2_PopularProductsInCategoryandCategoryTopSellers_0_1

Hahahah I soo agree!!!!!  TTD, or do a funny photo shoot with them somehow... they aren't even worthy of a halloween costume!! lol 

i know someday i will look back and laugh ;) with some humor like your  grad dress nightmare.. :)

Originally Posted by MJKH View Post

I just noticed that!!!  I love it : )  And I sooooo think you need to do a little TTD with that number!  

I'd post a picture of my grad dress now if only my mother hadn't cut it up immediately and made barbie doll dresses for my younger sister out of it!

Great minds! I was checking Sears last night and there is this one as well:

http://www.sears.ca/product/jessica-md-satin-waistband-faux-wrap-dress/648-000267591-WF09-JE40-2836

Another line you might want to check out is Venus Bridesmaids --> http://www.venusbridal.com/bridesmaids/bella-maids

This is actually the line of dresses I got for my ladies and they are reasonably priced for bridesmaids dresses. The ones I got were $150 and I offered to pay cash so the store didn't charge me tax. I also needed a rush order and they had them to me within 3 months. There are several stores that carry this line in Alberta so maybe you'll have some luck and find some that are less expensive.

Originally Posted by amjohnson View Post

Hi Jenn,

648_95760_A_005.jpg

Gee...both of those from Sears are great!  I especially love this one as I think the girls could wear a good supportive bra and that style overall would be SUPER flattering.  For a younger group of girls, I might be tempted to hem them a bit, but an excellent choice!