Photo

Evening Wedding at Sun Palace in November?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
  • Banned
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:42 AM

Does anyone know if you can do an evening wedding at Sun Palace in Mexico?  I know there wedding availability page on their site indicates the last wedding ceremony time is 4pm but what if you want 6pm?  will they do it?

"He's my Lobster"

#2 maryjo999

maryjo999
    • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

They do their last ceremony at 4 in November because the sun sets earlier.  It gives just enough time for ceremony & pictures before dark.

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Some resort will do later weddings to candle light. You should ask your wedding coordinator about it. They can make for some fantastic images and setting you'll never forget!

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
        • Banned
        • 253 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

4pm would have been fine with me but the latest I could get the entire week we were planning there was noon.  I guess it must be a busy week for Sun Palace.  We decided to move the wedding to Beach Palace and stay at Sun.  We were able to secure the 4pm ceremony slot at Beach.  All in all i'm much happier with this.  An evening ceremony with candles would have been exactly what I wanted but I asked the Floriada co-ordinator and was told they don't do them at Palace resorts.  :( too bad.

"He's my Lobster"

#5 maryjo999

maryjo999
          • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

When is your date?  I'm getting married at Sun Palace on 11/6/11 at 4pm

#6 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
            • Banned
            • 253 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

November 19, 2011 at 4pm Beach Palace.  Staying still at Sun Palace.

"He's my Lobster"

#7 shan0487

shan0487
              • 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

Glad to see everything is working out for you Ginger!!! :)

I hope other Sun Palace brides will see this thread and come out of the woodwork- there isn't enough info for Sun Palace brides on here- I want to stay at Moon and get married at Sun on the beach in Nov 2012.

#8 alysam4785

alysam4785
              • 176 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

hello ladies! i'm also getting married at Beach Palace on November 5th. Originally I wanted the ceremony at 4pm but my photographer wanted to take pictures at 2 with the wedding party since the sun sets early, so I changed the time to 2pm so the Groom wont see me before the wedding. Ginger... if you get married at 4pm i was told the sun sets around 5:15 so you would have enough sun to do some pictures, or even capture the sunset. Then you could have your reception all lit up with candles. It's like the best of both worlds!

#9 Ginger1961

Ginger1961
                • Banned
                • 253 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

Exactly what I was thinking alysam.  I'm very pleased with this schedule.  I'm still waiting for my wedding contract.  How long does it normally take to be emailed?

"He's my Lobster"

#10 alysam4785

alysam4785
                  • 176 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

Well it took me foreverrrr to get my contract. But there was something going on with my wedding coordinator at the time and she is no longer with the company.So i was sending her emails and she wasn't with the company any longer. So I was assigned to a new maimi wc. She didn't answer any of my emails or send me a contract until I got her manager involved. Then once I got the contract i wanted some things in it changed that had to be approved my the board of directors. It wasn't until I emailed the board of directors herself with a long email explaining how frustrated I was with the whole process, that I got a contract in which I was willing to sign. From the time I reserved my wedding date from Beach Palace it took about 2 months to get the whole contract squared away. But I'm pretty sure thats not the normal wait time. I think a week or 2 tops is what most people deal with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users