Jump to content

Photo

Maya Diseno Floral - Great, AFFORDABLE Florist in Playa/Cancun Area


  • Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#91 Lindy S

Lindy S
  • Jr. Member
  • 201 posts

    Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

    Thanks for the tip...I've actually tried this a few times. Still not response. I guess I will just wait a few more days.

     

    Originally Posted by deniden 

    When I didn't hear from him, I copied both emails and then he got back to me...

     

    marvin@mayafloral.com

    marvin@mayadisenofloral.com.mx



     



    #92 Sunshine2680

    Sunshine2680
    • Jr. Member
    • 465 posts

      Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

      Hi gals- I emailed him this morning and already got a response back

      Marvin is amazing!

      He's charging me just about half of what the resort wants to charge me
      and his delivery fee is small -- and way worth it!
       



      #93 zashar

      zashar
      • Banned
      • 5 posts

        Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:02 AM

        Most reception dresses these days have high hem lines and are light and made from typically silk and cotton. They're the perfect option for those brides that want to have that big traditional type wedding, and then relax a bit more for during the reception.  http://www.rainingbl...wedding-dresses1.jpg



        #94 echraide

        echraide
        • Jr. Member
        • 152 posts

          Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

          I noticed that the website that was posted at the beginning of this thread is no longer working. My wedding is in June of 2012 and I wasn't sure how far in advance to contact him. Do any of you ladies have a suggestion on how soon I should start communication with Marvin? Also, how did you all decide what you needed before you had a final guest count? I'm so completely stressed about reception decor since I don't have a solid head count ( a family of procrastinators) and therefore I have no idea of how many tables or how large they will be in order to even guess what my centerpiece needs are. I just know I don't want to pay Palace prices and Marvin seems great...aside from some communication delays



          #95 echraide

          echraide
          • Jr. Member
          • 152 posts

            Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

            Ahah!! I think he changed his website. Here's a link to his vendor page on this site:

             

            http://www.bestdesti...cts/maya-floral

             

            and on it he gives a link to his service list, which appears to be a different site than was listed at the beginning of this thread. 

             

            http://www.mayaflora...ur_services.php

             

            Phew! Still, any input on how you ladies planned these large unknowns of table size and guest list I would really appreciate the info!



            #96 deniden

            deniden
            • Site Supporter
            • 355 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
            • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

            Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:33 AM



            Originally Posted by echraide 

            I noticed that the website that was posted at the beginning of this thread is no longer working. My wedding is in June of 2012 and I wasn't sure how far in advance to contact him. Do any of you ladies have a suggestion on how soon I should start communication with Marvin? Also, how did you all decide what you needed before you had a final guest count? I'm so completely stressed about reception decor since I don't have a solid head count ( a family of procrastinators) and therefore I have no idea of how many tables or how large they will be in order to even guess what my centerpiece needs are. I just know I don't want to pay Palace prices and Marvin seems great...aside from some communication delays


            You don't need to give him a solid head count until you have one (for me, I'll know mine mid-February).
             

             



            #97 echraide

            echraide
            • Jr. Member
            • 152 posts

              Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:23 AM


              So he just gives you a quote based on the arrangement you choose, say for centerpieces, and you can adjust the quantity up until a month or two prior? Just trying to make sure I'm understanding properly. I've never done anything like this before, as i'm sure most people here have not as well, and I'm a complete control nut.

              Originally Posted by deniden 


              You don't need to give him a solid head count until you have one (for me, I'll know mine mid-February).
               

               



               



              #98 deniden

              deniden
              • Site Supporter
              • 355 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

              Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:25 AM



              Originally Posted by echraide 


              So he just gives you a quote based on the arrangement you choose, say for centerpieces, and you can adjust the quantity up until a month or two prior? Just trying to make sure I'm understanding properly. I've never done anything like this before, as i'm sure most people here have not as well, and I'm a complete control nut.



               


              You have it exactly right :)
               

               



              #99 deniden

              deniden
              • Site Supporter
              • 355 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

              Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

              Does anyone have pictures of corsages they got from Marvin?

               

              How about hair flowers?



              #100 JessieColeBride

              JessieColeBride
              • Newbie
              • 13 posts

                Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

                Hola fellow brides!

                 

                Is anyone having trouble getting Marvin to respond to emails?

                 

                We've tried emailing him twice in the past 3 weeks, but we havent heard back.

                 

                ~Jessi






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users