Printing, Save the Date Boarding Pass... How much & where?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 STAC8228

• 155 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

HI ladies.. So I think I think I finished my save the dates.. Thanks for everyone for all of your ideas. Im sorry if I forgot to Thank every one. Im very thankful for your ideas & could not have done it with out you. AcutieRN , finzup, sxcT, & alexsbride...

I used pp to make the STD & envelops. But now the big question is how to print? I went this morning to Fedex Kincos Print & the guy quoted $350  to print 80 on cardstock. cardstock was 150/sheet...  I would need 3 sheet of each, 2 pages of boarding passes, & 1 for the envelops.

Those of you that took yours in to get printed where did u go for the better prices? & did u supply your own paper.. Im looking up the number to see if I could bring my own paper.. My printers broke right now, so i couldnt try it on my own :(

Attached Files

#2 JoanneIreland

• 860 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Hi Stacy, whilst I don't remember exact prices, a few months ago I did some big time shopping around for quotes between Fedex, Staples, OfficeMax etc ...... Best price was FedEx/Kinkos and upon conversations there, Idecided our best deal was to bring ourown paper/cardstock. We are going this week to get ours prints (75 invites total) and I will be sure to let you know how we make out. Will post pics of final outcome, keep fingers crossed! 

#3 merrylee

• 687 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:33 AM

We printed ours at home but we chose to use fun pink sparkly paper instead of decorate the boarding pass so everything was black and pink our wedding colors.  We had looked at office max and it wasn't so bad if you provided the paper

#4 torilynnsmith

• 1,748 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

We ended up printing ours at home, Staples gave us a hard time about the template saying that "even with a laser cutter" they wouldn't be able to cut them (I cut them at home on my "Cutterpedede" from Walmart no problem!).  Also, staples had no selection of cardstock to print on.  I talked to the manager who said I could buy my own (only from them) and they could print on it but if it got stuck or messed up it was my problem, I still had to pay and they weren't going to re-print for me.  

Not so impressed with staples I went home to do a test on our printer and make sure cutting and everything was fine which it was! I ended up printing them all at home for only $1.25 an invite!

Do you have a friend or family member with a decent printer you could use? Just buy the ink and paper and you're set.  I found the quotes from printers to be ridiculous.  It's like they see wedding invite and jack up the price!

Good luck!!!!

#5 bride2b2013

• 236 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

good to know, im going to try to print mine myself now

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#6 kmiller8609

• 151 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

I was quoted 300$ from a local printer! rediculous, i'll have to try and print my own as well!

#7 Amyatkinson89

• 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Any chance you would be able to email me your save the dates? I don't have enough posts to open attachments yet! amy_atkinson89@hotmail.com

#8 BarbaraBusybee

• 150 posts
                • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Mexican Carnival Cruise

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

so tired of all these stores just trying to make a buck and not caring about your needs. 

#9 NixSpade

• 162 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 28, 2017
                • Wedding Location:Negril, Jamaica
                • LocationToronto, On

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

UGH staples sucks, big time. How did they turn out? 

#10 niina8

• 7 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2015
                • Wedding Location:Chiang Mai, Thailand
                • LocationUpstate, NY

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

Wish me luck! I'm going to try to print mine on my own tomorrow!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users