Photo

February 2012 Brides!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#251 missmely

missmely
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

ours too. I could share mine if you're having a hard time!

Originally Posted by Bride2012 

No, ours is just the symbolic, it was too much trouble to do the legal in the Dominican

#252 coquine

coquine
    • 236 posts
    • Wedding Location:St-Thomas

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:20 AM

Oh my, I just started to make my list of things left to do, there is more than I thought. I think I need to start packing to see if I need a bigger suitcase.  I am second guessing myself about silly things like is this the right hair flower? Should I get another one? Worse part is I have my dress fitting next Monday and I have not lost more weight since last time... I am trying not to panic. How is everyone planning to carry their dress on the plane?

#253 MJKH

MJKH
    • Site Supporter
    • 654 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:30 AM

Oh, me too!!!  I will be taking my wedding dress and reception party dress in a lightweight garment bag provided by my bridal shop...but both of my dresses are the equivalent of a bridesmaid dress...not heavy or bulky.  I plan to do some sweet-talking at check-in to see if I can be one of those "passengers requiring extra time/assistance" to board the plane with my sisters and their kids and get myself sorted (as I can see making quite the spectacle of myself).  We plan on maxing out our carry-on items...my roller bag is filled with all of the glass/fragile items, as is my FI's roller bag!!!

Originally Posted by coquine 

Oh my, I just started to make my list of things left to do, there is more than I thought. I think I need to start packing to see if I need a bigger suitcase.  I am second guessing myself about silly things like is this the right hair flower? Should I get another one? Worse part is I have my dress fitting next Monday and I have not lost more weight since last time... I am trying not to panic. How is everyone planning to carry their dress on the plane?

#254 Shay12

Shay12
      • 68 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Just a suggestion.... When I picked up my dress the girl suggested that I roll it up and put it in my carry on. Yes, she said "roll" from top to bottom. It's probably going to be freshly pressed/steamed anyway. This way it is not going to get smashed into over head incase it doesn't get hung into the first class coat closet (which is tiny usually) Just wanted to share. What do you guys think?

#255 missmely

missmely
        • 151 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:27 PM

I would check with your airline because most do have a special closet for wedding dresses. I know ours, sunwing, does and they even let brides and grooms board first!

If not, i would much rather roll it and know its not being jammed or ripped somehow.

Originally Posted by Shay12 

Just a suggestion....
          When I picked up my dress the girl suggested that I roll it up and put it in my carry on. Yes, she said "roll" from top to bottom. It's probably going to be freshly pressed/steamed anyway. This way it is not going to get smashed into over head incase it doesn't get hung into the first class coat closet (which is tiny usually)
          Just wanted to share. What do you guys think?

#256 Bride2012

Bride2012
          • Banned
          • 442 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:37 AM

just got back from my fitting, has to be taken in some, but heres me in my casablanca 1995!!!!IMAG0195.jpgIMAG0197.jpg

#257 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

All your hard work has paid off ten-fold!!!!!! Looking AMAZING!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bride2012 

just got back from my fitting, has to be taken in some, but heres me in my casablanca 1995!!!!IMAG0195.jpgIMAG0197.jpg

#258 Bride2012

Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Thanks tori! Still 34 days to go.... Almost or time!

All your hard work has paid off ten-fold!!!!!! Looking AMAZING!!!!!  

#259 missmely

missmely
                • 151 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

it's official! panic has set it.

1- fiance doesnt have his shoes

2- my dress isn't done yet

3- my maracas came in the wrong colour

4- my wedding band isnt done

5- we do not have any music

6- brochures and luggage tags are not done

panic!!

#260 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

Oh no !! i could totally see why you would be panicking!! when did they say your dress would be finished?? have you had dress fittings yet prior? or have you not even had a fitting yet? as for the maracas... can the company you ordered them from expedite you some new ones? and the wedding band... did they give you an ETA?? 

don't panic too much yet hun... it will all come together!! the music and the brochures and luggage tags can get done in a day or two of working on them :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! :) 

and just remember.. in the end... the most important thing is that you guys will be married... i mean the dress.. the ring and the shoes are the top priorities.. but everything else after that is just little stuff! i know it doesn't seem that way now... but... it truly is!!

I am starting to get panicked a bit myself.. as i get married shortly after you.. and i keep thinking that i am forgetting something.. but it will all come together!! xoxo

Originally Posted by missmely 

it's official! panic has set it.

1- fiance doesnt have his shoes

2- my dress isn't done yet

3- my maracas came in the wrong colour

4- my wedding band isnt done

5- we do not have any music

6- brochures and luggage tags are not done

panic!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users