Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Cabo Brides


  • Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

#911 kiwibride

kiwibride
  • Jr. Member
  • 275 posts

    Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

    Hi Girls,

     

    I am getting married at Dreams on April 11th 2011, we now have our room block which i am very happy about! Am now just waiting to hear back from our friends rsvp date is Dec 11th!
    We are having the wedding at the gazebo followed by the cocktail hour and then planning on having dinner outside and then moving into one of the ballrooms at 9pm for the party, dreams charge a fee p.p for the function to go after 10.30pm which we are happy to pay the problem is the fee is a lot more if we move inside at 9pm rather than 10.30pm.  Question is do we just have dinner in the ballroom and not outside or do we just pay the extra fee?  Any thoughts?

     

    Victoria

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     



    #912 Ana

    Ana

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

    Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

    We stayed outside and partied until 10:30pm, at which point we had to switch off the music.  By that point most people were exhausted and went to sleep, while a few of the younger people, including ourselves, went to the bar/lounge and stayed there until 2am.



    #913 Cindy*

    Cindy*
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,655 posts

      Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:02 PM

      We did the same thing as Ana, it worked perfectly for our group.



      #914 Erika J

      Erika J

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

        Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:32 PM



        Originally Posted by Ana 

        We stayed outside and partied until 10:30pm, at which point we had to switch off the music.  By that point most people were exhausted and went to sleep, while a few of the younger people, including ourselves, went to the bar/lounge and stayed there until 2am.



         Ditto! It was the perfect time to split apart from the adults as the youngsters were getting saucy.

         

        Also, the outdoor venues are dreams are to die for, it would be a shame to be in a ball room when you have the outdoor options.



        #915 emmisa

        emmisa
        • Newbie
        • 28 posts

          Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

          Hey ladies! My wedding is exactly 3 weeks away - holy crap! I just thought I'd update you all on what's going on. 

           

          I posted earlier about Yarai still taking a week or so to answer e-mails. I sent her a quick message letting her know that I was worried about not being able to cover everything in time. Since then, she's been e-mailing back within 2 days.

           

          I decided to just send a bottle of champagne to each room with a nice welcome letter instead of doing OOT bags. I'm not a creative person, and I'm currently taking 18 credits in my last semester of school so I just don't have the time to pick up every thing and put it together. I think this will be a nice treat and a nice way for our guests to start their vacations!

           

          I'm also having the stationery company that did our invitations put together the place cards and the pashmina tags. This should be done by the end of the week!

           

          Most of our guests are arriving on Saturday the 18th, and we'll have an informal "cocktail party" that night at the lobby bar. This won't be a private event - I really wanted it to at this bar because I love the area, and unfortunately, they can't do private events there.

          The rehearsal will be at 4:30 on Sunday afternoon, with a rehearsal dinner at 7pm at the Portofino terrace for all of the guests.

          The wedding is at 4:30 on Monday afternoon on the beach with the reception on the Cascade terrace. We have Gilda Badillo coming as the photographer, we've booked DJ Ricardo and Lunas de Fuego, and Lola from Florenta is doing the flowers. We're having Dreams do hanging lanterns over the dance floor, underlit tables, and 8 palm trees will be lit up in hot pink by LED lights. We're also doing sparklers for all of the guests to hold for the first dance. We were going to do the cigar roller, but we wanted to have them do good Cuban cigars. We decided that the price of having the cigar roller and Cuban cigars was just too much, so we're going to go into town on the 17th to buy some Cuban cigars. If we can't find any, we'll have to hope that Yarai can book the cigar roller really quick!

           

          That's all I can think of! Let's hope it all goes smoothly.



          #916 Erika J

          Erika J

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

            Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

            Sounds wonderful, and trust me, everything will be perfect!



            #917 Teira1031

            Teira1031
            • Member
            • 766 posts

              Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:50 PM


              How much is it costing to have the trees lit up with hot pink if you dont mind me asking? I love the look of it and would love to budget it in if its not too expensive
               

              Originally Posted by emmisa 

              Hey ladies! My wedding is exactly 3 weeks away - holy crap! I just thought I'd update you all on what's going on. 

               

              I posted earlier about Yarai still taking a week or so to answer e-mails. I sent her a quick message letting her know that I was worried about not being able to cover everything in time. Since then, she's been e-mailing back within 2 days.

               

              I decided to just send a bottle of champagne to each room with a nice welcome letter instead of doing OOT bags. I'm not a creative person, and I'm currently taking 18 credits in my last semester of school so I just don't have the time to pick up every thing and put it together. I think this will be a nice treat and a nice way for our guests to start their vacations!

               

              I'm also having the stationery company that did our invitations put together the place cards and the pashmina tags. This should be done by the end of the week!

               

              Most of our guests are arriving on Saturday the 18th, and we'll have an informal "cocktail party" that night at the lobby bar. This won't be a private event - I really wanted it to at this bar because I love the area, and unfortunately, they can't do private events there.

              The rehearsal will be at 4:30 on Sunday afternoon, with a rehearsal dinner at 7pm at the Portofino terrace for all of the guests.

              The wedding is at 4:30 on Monday afternoon on the beach with the reception on the Cascade terrace. We have Gilda Badillo coming as the photographer, we've booked DJ Ricardo and Lunas de Fuego, and Lola from Florenta is doing the flowers. We're having Dreams do hanging lanterns over the dance floor, underlit tables, and 8 palm trees will be lit up in hot pink by LED lights. We're also doing sparklers for all of the guests to hold for the first dance. We were going to do the cigar roller, but we wanted to have them do good Cuban cigars. We decided that the price of having the cigar roller and Cuban cigars was just too much, so we're going to go into town on the 17th to buy some Cuban cigars. If we can't find any, we'll have to hope that Yarai can book the cigar roller really quick!

               

              That's all I can think of! Let's hope it all goes smoothly.





              #918 emmisa

              emmisa
              • Newbie
              • 28 posts

                Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

                Thanks Erika!

                 

                Teira, it's $55 per tree and you can choose to have 4 or 8 trees lit up. I'm not doing big centerpieces or anything like that so we wanted to do something else to really make the terrace look festive! I'll post pictures once I'm back.



                #919 Teira1031

                Teira1031
                • Member
                • 766 posts

                  Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:25 AM


                  Thats a great price , specially if you're not doing much for centerpieces and its going to look fantastic! Which terrace are you having your reception at?
                   

                  Originally Posted by emmisa 

                  Thanks Erika!

                   

                  Teira, it's $55 per tree and you can choose to have 4 or 8 trees lit up. I'm not doing big centerpieces or anything like that so we wanted to do something else to really make the terrace look festive! I'll post pictures once I'm back.





                  #920 emmisa

                  emmisa
                  • Newbie
                  • 28 posts

                    Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

                    I hope it'll look good and add enough to the reception to make it feel festive! Our reception is on the cascade terrace. The tables will be set up on the level of the terrace that's closest to the pool and the DJ/dance floor area will be closer to the beach




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users