Jump to content

Photo

Can I bring "preserved" flowers to mexico???


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rae12vb

rae12vb
  • Jr. Member
  • 168 posts

    Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:24 PM

    Some of the sites have preserved flowers....they look so much better than the silk. Do you think it's okay to travel into mexico with them?


    Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


    #2 BeachBridein11

    BeachBridein11
    • Member
    • 610 posts

      Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:03 AM

      I'm not sure, but I'm thinking they might reject them.

       

      LOL I'm bringing some with me to Jamaica to scatter around the tables, but if they ask I will claim they are fake! LOL 

       

      I'm bad...


      Married in Paradise!!

      June 17th, 2011

      Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa


      #3 rae12vb

      rae12vb
      • Jr. Member
      • 168 posts

        Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:07 AM


        THanks! I will do the same !

        Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

        I'm not sure, but I'm thinking they might reject them.

         

        LOL I'm bringing some with me to Jamaica to scatter around the tables, but if they ask I will claim they are fake! LOL 

         

        I'm bad...



         


        Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


        #4 xtenna

        xtenna
        • Jr. Member
        • 154 posts

          Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:27 AM

          I am taking freeze dried...i hope the make it!  all i know is i will deny deny deny


          June 3, 2011 Cabo San Lucas

          #5 rae12vb

          rae12vb
          • Jr. Member
          • 168 posts

            Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:43 PM



            Originally Posted by xtenna 

            I am taking freeze dried...i hope the make it!  all i know is i will deny deny deny



            Let me know how It goes!!! lol


            Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


            #6 mochamakes3

            mochamakes3
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,917 posts

              Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

              I had no problem with bringing freeze dried. I split them amongst our group so that even if one got checked and confiscated we would still have lots. I think the only issue is bringing live plants and fresh cut flowers. p.s. I snuck hubby's boutonierre back and it was a rose.



              #7 rae12vb

              rae12vb
              • Jr. Member
              • 168 posts

                Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

                Thanks! I'm going to try my best!  I guess I could always play dumb.


                Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!


                #8 skybride

                skybride
                • Newbie
                • 21 posts

                  Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

                  You'll probably be just fine.  The way customs works in Mexico is that once you collect your bags, you turn in your customs forms (which no one reads) and then you step up to push a button.  If the light turns green, you're fine and no one asks you any more questions.  If it turns red, they open up all your bags and search everything.  I used to live in Mexico and traveled into the country probably 10 times, and I got the red light twice, if that gives you a sense of probability of getting searched. 

                   

                  Good luck!



                  #9 mllek1986

                  mllek1986
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 182 posts

                    Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

                    So how did it go? I am wondering the same thing. Did anyone get the red light and have them confiscated?



                    #10 JessiTaylor

                    JessiTaylor
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 296 posts

                      Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:02 PM


                      i think freeze dried flowers are fine! just to say,however, if they search you and find a "banned" item that you didnt declare youre not necessarily just looking at confiscation of said item...youre looking at possible penalties and a lengthy lengthy discussion. rules are enforced according to how officials feel on the day, but can involve a fine etc. And this is a massive generalisation. but Americans/English people are often assumed to be rich and so are more likely to get hit with penalties than a mexican
                       

                      Originally Posted by skybride 

                      You'll probably be just fine.  The way customs works in Mexico is that once you collect your bags, you turn in your customs forms (which no one reads) and then you step up to push a button.  If the light turns green, you're fine and no one asks you any more questions.  If it turns red, they open up all your bags and search everything.  I used to live in Mexico and traveled into the country probably 10 times, and I got the red light twice, if that gives you a sense of probability of getting searched. 

                       

                      Good luck!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users