Photo

Hurricane Season- INSURANCE?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rae12vb

rae12vb
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Did anyone get travel insurance because they booked their destination wedding during hurricane season?  We are getting married in August and someone suggested it.

If you got insurance how much was it and who did you get it through?

Getting Married at Moon Palace 8-23-11!!!

#2 ScorpioBride

ScorpioBride
    • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

I wish I could help you but I've been looking for the same info!!! I do not live in the USA so my choices of wedding insurance simply do not exist. I am afraid that a traveler insurance broker is going to charge WAY too much and that it will NOT include what it needs to!

Most of the helpful info I have found here : http://www.bestdesti...-questions-here

Doesn't help much if you live outside the USA, but I'll keep posted here on the search for hurricane coverage.

#3 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
      • Vendor
      • 2,782 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

One of my clients a few years ago purchased insurance for those type of things from their travel agent. August and September is a bit of a gamble and I think it does makes sense to get insurance.

Good luck!

#4 subbi

subbi
        • 217 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:18 PM

then I totally need to get some since my wedding is in September, would really hate to be stuck in Dominican republic

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

#5 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
          • 995 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

YES..i highly recommend it..i'm an October bride...my fiance and i go to Jamaica annually and always during Hurricane Season..while i've never encountered a hurricane..i'd hate to have one mess up my trip w/o insurance..get it...its worth the peace of mind.

i even recommended it for my guests..by the way, if you have guests booking on expedia..they offer very cost efficient travel insurance options now..i say GO FOR IT!

good luck and happy planning!!!

R~

#6 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

We purchased it because we're getting married in Sept. Ours ran us $114 pp (myself and fiance). What's great though is the insurance covers our hotel stay, flights and honeymoon. So in the end it was worth it in my opinion.

Originally Posted by rae12vb 

Did anyone get travel insurance because they booked their destination wedding during hurricane season?  We are getting married in August and someone suggested it.

If you got insurance how much was it and who did you get it through?

#7 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
              • 385 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

Does anyone know if there are Canadian options to this?  I've only found like... one company. =(

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users