Photo

Where to Buy Postcards for Postcard Guestbook??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:45 PM

I want to do a postcard guestbook instead of a traditional guestbook.  My guests will each fill out a postcard with well wishes and their best memories from the wedding day and I'll put them in an album when I get home.

The problem is I want to use a variety of postcards with a Jamaica/Caribbean theme to them.  I don't want to use vistaprint as I want them all the be different.

I have looked some places online, but was wondering if anyone has done this type of guestbook and where they got their postcards from.  I have considered just buying them once we get to Jamaica.  Will that be easier?

#2 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

i had wanted to get Jamaican post cards to use as my welcome notes and put them in my welcome bags....and i found great ones on zazzle.com...  they also CONSTANTLY have sales, so don't buy anything at full price. i get emails almost every week about their four hour friday sales or every holiday there is a sale.  i probably paid about 50 cents per post card.

i used this one for the welcome notes - and i personalized it as well (I put our wedding date and names) :

http://www.zazzle.co...450406001118704

and i used this one as a blank extra got guests to keep as a souvenir.

http://www.zazzle.co...437178354062870

(the second one can be found on the site with any Jamaican city name - i got Montego Bay of course!).

hope this helps!!!

#3 PurpleUnicorn

PurpleUnicorn
    • 305 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

if you put in the search "Jamica post cards"  a whole ton of options will come up!

#4 ANGELA2013

ANGELA2013
      • 312 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:50 PM

I love this idea, I am having a hard time deciding on how to do the guest book for our wedding since there is only about 15-20 people going.

#5 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

We ended up doing a tree with finger prints from etsy that we are going to get framed. 

#6 lolo411

lolo411
        • 160 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

That's a great idea. Thanks!

#7 favorsmr

favorsmr
          • 178 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

I like that idea.  It's more fun than a traditional guest book, and people can have a little extra time to think about what they want to write (if they want to be creative, of course). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users