Photo

Real brides vs. vendors?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BlueMoonGirl

BlueMoonGirl
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

I've spent quite a bit of time reviewing posts about vendors on this forum. At times, I wonder if some of the posts are by vendors posing as brides. There are some brides who have only posted maybe only a few times in a one year period, and those posts are providing favorable reviews of vendors. I'm just wondering how the forum moderators are able to address this issue, if it's an issue at all. Hope not to offend anyone who doesn't post a whole lot.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by BlueMoonGirl 

I've spent quite a bit of time reviewing posts about vendors on this forum. At times, I wonder if some of the posts are by vendors posing as brides. There are some brides who have only posted maybe only a few times in a one year period, and those posts are providing favorable reviews of vendors. I'm just wondering how the forum moderators are able to address this issue, if it's an issue at all. Hope not to offend anyone who doesn't post a whole lot.

well we don't really like to say what we use as indicators because obviously the vendors that would pretend to be brides would then use that be sneakier but we have found out when vendors are brides.  just to be safe, if it were me i would feel more comfortable with a review from member with say 1000 posts than a review from a member with 1 post.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 NHKinNegril

NHKinNegril
    • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing! My photographer was horrible, and right after I posted my thoughts on her, a favorable review was posted raving about her. I found it a little too fishy. I do think it's good sense to see if a rave review of one vendor is the only thing a "bride" has posted. 

#4 NHKinNegril

NHKinNegril
      • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

These two are highly suspicious to me:

http://www.bestdesti...-diana-campbell

Both are rave reviews by one-time posters who seem to have registered simply to rave about Diana Campbell, but nothing else about their wedding. I find that odd. Also, I hired Diana Campbell and it was a disaster. Not at all like these reviews, so I find them hard to believe. 

#5 catererbride

catererbride
        • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

They definitely do. I was having concerns about planners a while back and the planner I was mostly dealing with said to me "I understand you are having concerns over which planner to choose!". This site is the ONLY way she could have known that. Things didn't work out in the end which was a real shame because we got on great, it was just a money issue.

I can understand why, as a vendor you would do it....I probably would if I worked in the industry in Ja or wherever but I think they can actually go on this as vendors can't they? A lot more straight up.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by NHKinNegril 

These two are highly suspicious to me:

Both are rave reviews by one-time posters who seem to have registered simply to rave about Diana Campbell, but nothing else about their wedding. I find that odd. Also, I hired Diana Campbell and it was a disaster. Not at all like these reviews, so I find them hard to believe. 

yeah, i would be suspicious as well.  one of the reviews did not conform to forum rules so it was moved.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
          • 447 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tammy Host 

yeah, i would be suspicious as well.  one of the reviews did not conform to forum rules so it was moved.

Tammy, thank you for looking out for our best interests!

#8 BlueMoonGirl

BlueMoonGirl
            • 64 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thanks Tammy, for monitoring this forum and the advice below.

well we don't really like to say what we use as indicators because obviously the vendors that would pretend to be brides would then use that be sneakier but we have found out when vendors are brides.  just to be safe, if it were me i would feel more comfortable with a review from member with say 1000 posts than a review from a member with 1 post.

#9 redginger

redginger
              • 360 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

Thank you for this helpful feedback...good to be cautious when reading vendor reviews.

#10 redginger

redginger
                • 360 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

I'm bumping up this post because I saw this post by Tammy alerting brides about a make-up artist posing as a bride....this really bothers me!

http://www.bestdesti...20#post_1634893

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users