Las Caletas Cakes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

That's great! With all these weddings they are booking I bet they'll have all kinds of new cool stuff soon :P

#22 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

Like fondant? I love it, but I figured it wasn't a possibility.
      Happily married since 2008

#23 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
      • 176 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

If I'm correct she said yes to fondant due to their new equipment. :) In 2 wks she said they'd be getting that equipment.

"The cake will be fine, they are getting some new decorating tools in the next 2 weeks and they say they can do anything." Quote from the bakers to Nicole. "

Send her an email and make sure thats correct but it appears they can now do many things. I'm telling you girls )brides...Las Caletas is going to be a big deal w/ brides very soon in terms of matching up head to head w/ the hotels in PV. I'm glad we are coming in on the beginning of the progress.
        Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#24 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by chrisnessa
          If I'm correct she said yes to fondant due to their new equipment. :) In 2 wks she said they'd be getting that equipment.

"The cake will be fine, they are getting some new decorating tools in the next 2 weeks and they say they can do anything." Quote from the bakers to Nicole. "

Send her an email and make sure thats correct but it appears they can now do many things. I'm telling you girls )brides...Las Caletas is going to be a big deal w/ brides very soon in terms of matching up head to head w/ the hotels in PV. I'm glad we are coming in on the beginning of the progress.
          This is such great news! I love that we have more options.

#25 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

Quote:

No kidding! Especially since rates have gone up since I booked. I'm sure they will continue to rise. Lucky us! At least I got a deal on ONE thing for this wedding. :)
            Happily married since 2008

#26 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

Quote:

funny, my initial reaction to this was almost disappointment! one of the things i loved about Caletas was the "back to the basics" feeling, and the intimacy that lead to (why do I have this weird feeling Jamy will agree with me, lol). sillly, nostalgic me!

#27 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:07 AM

Here I am, agreeing with Ann as predicted...hahaha I do think it's cool that they are getting the new stuff for people with fancier taste, but I loved my simple cake and it sure was tasty. Shoot, I thought it was fancy that they picked flowers to put on it, lol.

#28 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:05 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by starchild
                  Here I am, agreeing with Ann as predicted...hahaha I do think it's cool that they are getting the new stuff for people with fancier taste, but I loved my simple cake and it sure was tasty. Shoot, I thought it was fancy that they picked flowers to put on it, lol.
                  ditto! that was one of the things i ended up loving about Caletas. the candles for light, the gorgeous, but "natural" surroundings, etc. if it turned into a commercial place that was just like any other resort i'd be disappointed, to be honest.

sorry!

#29 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
                  • 176 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:40 AM

I think the greatest thing about Las Caletas is that a bride can have her dream wedding in whatever vision she and the staff can accommodate. Las Caletas will always be the natural setting due to its protection enviromentally but for some brides those extra things mean a lot. The fact that Las Caletas is such a beautiful place will eventually bring more couples to enjoy their moments there. I think its a wonderful opportunity for anyone to have what appears to be their own private island for 5 or so hours. As I've gone through hundreds of photos and sites looking at each brides choices...I found them unique and beautiful in their own way. I'm so happy Chris and I get to experience Las Caletas in our way. John Huston's Paradise is about to be shared with many others who will also interpret their vision...and that's a good thing. and its in part due to many of us who will share it with our family and friends. That's how we found LC through a friend and now we go to share it with ours. Its inevitable that Las Caletas become a popular wedding venue, for all the reasons we fell in love with it. But fret not ladies the cove is protected and will always remain that natural cove, simple and God given.
                    Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#30 SarahL

SarahL
                    • 45 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

Did anyone else just not have a cake? When I read about the dessert buffet, my thought was "who needs cake"

Now I'm questioning my decision... I'd love to know more about the dessert buffet. Honestly, I think Roberto and I would be fine having a ceremonial brownie cutting. Ha! But I want to know from some of the folks who were there... was the dessert buffet enough?

Thoughts
                      Roberto and Sarah
                      February 22, 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users