Photo

Las Caletas Cakes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

We have a cake in mind with butter cream icing. Has anyone requested this type of icing for their Las Caletas wedding? Second part to this: I am requesting Italian Wedding Cake and butter cream icing. Ha is this going to be a dream for me or did any of the brides also request a special cake? Nicole said we could do this for extra charge but wondering if one of you did this was it to your liking? Guests: 100 - 150 for us.
    Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

i didn't order anything special so i can't be of too much help - she basically said "do you want white or brown" - i said white! lol not sure i even know what an Italian wedding cake is!

#3 cfrancesp

cfrancesp
      • 64 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:25 PM

Sorry to take over the post, but Ann, was the white cake good or would you try the brown one next time? What is the white cake? White inside with white frosting?

Thanks, Katie

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cfrancesp
          Sorry to take over the post, but Ann, was the white cake good or would you try the brown one next time? What is the white cake? White inside with white frosting?

Thanks, Katie
          it was very good - but i honestly only had a tiny, tiny bite since i wasn't feeling well. everyone else said it was good though! Jamy said it was tres leches, which is awesome!

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:58 AM

It was really good. The frosting was really creamy....kinda like cool whip. I'm guessing it was fresh whipped cream but I'm not sure. Another LC bride here had the chocolate cake a liked it too, I forget who that was?

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:20 PM

Ok I may sound stupid. I haven't thought about the cake much because I figure FI can do that. I'm not much of a cake fan.

Does LC only have the option of white or chocolate cakes? Do they allow you to design the outside of the cake? I guess I wasn't thinking there would be limitations.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

there probably aren't real strict limitations. if you look at all of our cakes from LC, they've all been pretty different. i showed Nicole some pics that i liked, and she took it from there. but i didn't put a ton of thought into it - i bet you could get something you liked pretty easy.

#8 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by akh
                  i showed Nicole some pics that i liked, and she took it from there.
                  kinda like the chuppa and center pieces...?? I love how laid back you were and how everything turned out so beautiful. not everyone can say that their WC can take a few ideas and come up with something brilliant. now that's a piece of mind that is priceless!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:07 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tvt
                    kinda like the chuppa and center pieces...?? I love how laid back you were and how everything turned out so beautiful. not everyone can say that their WC can take a few ideas and come up with something brilliant. now that's a piece of mind that is priceless!
                    seriously - it was a dream come true for me. i just am not a planner, and don't care that much about some of the details. don't get me wrong, i wanted it to be beautiful, i just didn't want to have to worry about every little thing. ya know? so the fact that I sent her 1 document showing what i liked and didn't like, just with a few pictures - and she executed everything was AWESOME! i got really lucky with Nicole ... had it been another type of WC, it would have been a whole different experience for me.

#10 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
                    • 176 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

What I have found out is that to request a specific design using different products than normal for the baker there is an upgrade charge of:

3.50 per person (Normal)

5.00 per person (Special requests)

That is the amt of cost to have your cake and eat it too :)
                      Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users