Jump to content

Photo

The Official INSANITY Support Thread


  • Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#361 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • Member
  • 675 posts

    Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

    Alright ladies, I am back at it this evening!  Wish me luck, it's been 2 1/2 weeks  YIKES!  So disappointed in myself but all I can do is start over again!  Hopefully I didn't lose all the endurance I gained in the first 6 weeks!



    #362 TropicLover

    TropicLover
    • Jr. Member
    • 293 posts

      Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:46 PM


      Oh you're so motivating!  Thank you!  I like the idea that I can dip down into month one, but I'm going to try and stick it out as much as I can.  I do feel stronger and can notice my muscles firming up, I just wished it showed more.  After month 2 I think I'm going to continue with it up until the wedding.  Do you think I should add in a recovery week and then bounce back to month 1 or start month 2 again?

      Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

      I think the best advice is to keep going. try to take a break (e.g. pause the video) if your muscles/endurance need a minute to recover and continue to do what you can. don't be too disappointed if you can't do everything, just try, and I think you'll surprise yourself as you can do more and more. and honestly, I wouldn't be afraid to dip back into month one every now and again to have a lighter day and look back at just how far you've come.

       

      I remember the day that being in plank felt as natural as standing on the ground. that was a good moment, but it was a few weeks into month two before it happened. keep going, tropic lover. you can do it!! : )

       



       



       



      #363 kellygrrrl

      kellygrrrl
      • Member
      • 614 posts

        Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

        you're welcome. : ) I struggled with month two and now I realize that it's ok if you can't do everything (that's a tough one for me because I'm a perfectionist at heart ; ).

         

        hmmm... what to do next? that's a tough one. I'd say maybe take a week or so off and then bounce between month one and month two for the remaining time. OR if you want more muscle results, see if you can get your hands on a copy of P90X. I just borrowed it from one of my friends, and it's like an hour of weights, which seems BORING by comparison but may give you the definition you want when mixed with Insanity. I think their recommended way of combining both is 4 days P90X and 2 days Insanity, but you can do whatever you like. or you could go take some yoga classes, run, swim, anything active. I'd just taper it a bit before the wedding so you're not running up to the breaking point just before leaving and going to lounge around and drink cocktails all day during your vacation. ; ) (I know, I'm planning to do that, too ; ).

         

        if you want to lose fat, I'd stay with Insanity. if you're already pretty lean and want to build more muscle, I'd try some weights and/or P90X. 

         

        keep me posted with what you decide, and congrats on getting this far into month two!! : )

         

        -kelly 

         

        Originally Posted by TropicLover 


        Oh you're so motivating!  Thank you!  I like the idea that I can dip down into month one, but I'm going to try and stick it out as much as I can.  I do feel stronger and can notice my muscles firming up, I just wished it showed more.  After month 2 I think I'm going to continue with it up until the wedding.  Do you think I should add in a recovery week and then bounce back to month 1 or start month 2 again?



         



         



        #364 Jamie5280

        Jamie5280
        • Member
        • 675 posts

          Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

          How are you ladies doing?  We are going to start month 2 this week (finally), but the weather has been amazing here so we have been going for long walks instead.  Obviously not the intensity of Insanity, but it gets us outside! :)

           

          Just wanted to check in and see how you all were doing?



          #365 sunshine2413

          sunshine2413
          • Site Supporter
          • 340 posts

            Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

            After debating for weeks if I should jump in and buy insanity... I finally did today. Thank you so much ladies for all you comments, motivation, and updates... it really helped in my decision. Hopefully I will get it soon and get on the workout plan! 



            #366 kellygrrrl

            kellygrrrl
            • Member
            • 614 posts

              Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:54 PM


              hey jamie - things here are great! I'm on week four of Insanity, but I'm doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid so it looks like this:

               

              Mon - Insanity per calendar

              Tues - P90X legs and back (includes lots of pullups in the P90X routine, can switch with Sat)

              Wed - Insanity per calendar

              Thurs - light (either P90X Yoga or the Insanity Thurs plan)

              Fri - Insanity (can switch with Sat)

              Sat - P90X arms and shoulders (can switch with Fri or Tues)

               

              as luck would have it, the routine sticks closely to the lean P90X plan, and I throw in the Insanity Abs here and there. I love it because it's focused on strength-building as well as fat-shredding cardio (last time I thought my muscles plateaued on an entirely Insanity plan). FI has started to join with me, and we even bought the results and recovery formula (mmm... tastes like an orange push-up pop!) and the P90X protein bars. I feel like a walking Beach Body advertisement, but I'm really happy with both programs in combination. also, I'm going to skip the recovery week (it killed my momentum last time) and just go straight into Insanity month 2. I don't know how I feel about 40 mins of cardio following that CRAZY warmup and stretch, but I figured I'd give it a shot and go back to month one if it was too much. I've already lost an inch or two around my waist, and all my work pants are loose : ) yay!! it's working!! : )
               

              Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

              How are you ladies doing?  We are going to start month 2 this week (finally), but the weather has been amazing here so we have been going for long walks instead.  Obviously not the intensity of Insanity, but it gets us outside! :)

               

              Just wanted to check in and see how you all were doing?



               



              #367 sxcT

              sxcT
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,282 posts

                Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

                Great job kellygrrrl!!  Keep at it.  I like how your schedule looks.  Looks like a great mix up and gives you the right amount of both.

                 

                How can you say P90X yoga is light?? LOL!  I know its not like the others but damn that thing is loooong and exhausting too. 

                 

                I seriously have not done a DVD in a good month or more.  So bad.  But we are about to book our June vacation so at the end of this month I plan on starting it up again and seeing how it goes. 

                 

                 

                **SIDE NOTE** - we are signing our sales contract for the house we bought!!!  Its a build-to-order home so we get to make it our own.  Just picked out our dirt lot Monday and are signing papers today to finalize it!!  WOOHOO we will be home owners very soon.


                hey jamie - things here are great! I'm on week four of Insanity, but I'm doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid so it looks like this:

                 

                Mon - Insanity per calendar

                Tues - P90X legs and back (includes lots of pullups in the P90X routine, can switch with Sat)

                Wed - Insanity per calendar

                Thurs - light (either P90X Yoga or the Insanity Thurs plan)

                Fri - Insanity (can switch with Sat)

                Sat - P90X arms and shoulders (can switch with Fri or Tues)

                 

                as luck would have it, the routine sticks closely to the lean P90X plan, and I throw in the Insanity Abs here and there. I love it because it's focused on strength-building as well as fat-shredding cardio (last time I thought my muscles plateaued on an entirely Insanity plan). FI has started to join with me, and we even bought the results and recovery formula (mmm... tastes like an orange push-up pop!) and the P90X protein bars. I feel like a walking Beach Body advertisement, but I'm really happy with both programs in combination. also, I'm going to skip the recovery week (it killed my momentum last time) and just go straight into Insanity month 2. I don't know how I feel about 40 mins of cardio following that CRAZY warmup and stretch, but I figured I'd give it a shot and go back to month one if it was too much. I've already lost an inch or two around my waist, and all my work pants are loose : ) yay!! it's working!! : )
                 



                 



                 



                #368 TheWolferts

                TheWolferts
                • Jr. Member
                • 458 posts

                  Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:00 AM

                  I have been doing Insanity for quit some time now and love it! If you want to step it up a notch or are getting bored with Insanity, I suggest doing Insanity 2 aka Asylum! There is a weight workout, an Olympic sports workout and several cardio agility tracks. Warning though, Shawn T is actually kinda mean/less motivational talk this go round!
                   

                  Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

                  you're welcome. : ) I struggled with month two and now I realize that it's ok if you can't do everything (that's a tough one for me because I'm a perfectionist at heart ; ).

                   

                  hmmm... what to do next? that's a tough one. I'd say maybe take a week or so off and then bounce between month one and month two for the remaining time. OR if you want more muscle results, see if you can get your hands on a copy of P90X. I just borrowed it from one of my friends, and it's like an hour of weights, which seems BORING by comparison but may give you the definition you want when mixed with Insanity. I think their recommended way of combining both is 4 days P90X and 2 days Insanity, but you can do whatever you like. or you could go take some yoga classes, run, swim, anything active. I'd just taper it a bit before the wedding so you're not running up to the breaking point just before leaving and going to lounge around and drink cocktails all day during your vacation. ; ) (I know, I'm planning to do that, too ; ).

                   

                  if you want to lose fat, I'd stay with Insanity. if you're already pretty lean and want to build more muscle, I'd try some weights and/or P90X. 

                   

                  keep me posted with what you decide, and congrats on getting this far into month two!! : )

                   

                  -kelly 

                   



                   



                   



                  #369 ntlsnow

                  ntlsnow
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 204 posts

                    Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

                    Ordered INsanity on a whim, now just waiting for it to come in the mail.

                     

                    I am nervous and excited...LOL! I really want to like it and stick to it. I have a gym membership but all I do is cardio. I would love to utilize the gym more for weights and spend more time at home which is why I chose Insanity. I am stoked to start this program and even more so that I found a thread on it!

                    :-)



                    #370 Jamie5280

                    Jamie5280
                    • Member
                    • 675 posts

                      Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:47 AM


                      You are doing sooo great!  I am probably not going to order P90X, but I do have another beachbody DVD that uses weights while working out, so I think I will try that too!

                      Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 


                      hey jamie - things here are great! I'm on week four of Insanity, but I'm doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid so it looks like this:

                       

                      Mon - Insanity per calendar

                      Tues - P90X legs and back (includes lots of pullups in the P90X routine, can switch with Sat)

                      Wed - Insanity per calendar

                      Thurs - light (either P90X Yoga or the Insanity Thurs plan)

                      Fri - Insanity (can switch with Sat)

                      Sat - P90X arms and shoulders (can switch with Fri or Tues)

                       

                      as luck would have it, the routine sticks closely to the lean P90X plan, and I throw in the Insanity Abs here and there. I love it because it's focused on strength-building as well as fat-shredding cardio (last time I thought my muscles plateaued on an entirely Insanity plan). FI has started to join with me, and we even bought the results and recovery formula (mmm... tastes like an orange push-up pop!) and the P90X protein bars. I feel like a walking Beach Body advertisement, but I'm really happy with both programs in combination. also, I'm going to skip the recovery week (it killed my momentum last time) and just go straight into Insanity month 2. I don't know how I feel about 40 mins of cardio following that CRAZY warmup and stretch, but I figured I'd give it a shot and go back to month one if it was too much. I've already lost an inch or two around my waist, and all my work pants are loose : ) yay!! it's working!! : )
                       



                       



                       

                      I could definitely see how you could get bored with INSANITY, I am feeling bored right now!  Probably because I took a 2 week break in month one and am not trying to get myself back up to par again before doing month 2.
                       

                      Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

                      I have been doing Insanity for quit some time now and love it! If you want to step it up a notch or are getting bored with Insanity, I suggest doing Insanity 2 aka Asylum! There is a weight workout, an Olympic sports workout and several cardio agility tracks. Warning though, Shawn T is actually kinda mean/less motivational talk this go round!
                       



                       



                       

                      Welcome and good luck!  We did not renew our gym membership once we ordered INSANITY.  It is a great work out, but it is tough, which I like because I would never push myself like that at the gym!!!
                       

                      Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

                      Ordered INsanity on a whim, now just waiting for it to come in the mail.

                       

                      I am nervous and excited...LOL! I really want to like it and stick to it. I have a gym membership but all I do is cardio. I would love to utilize the gym more for weights and spend more time at home which is why I chose Insanity. I am stoked to start this program and even more so that I found a thread on it!

                      :-)



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users