Photo

CornIngware cake?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Maritza919

Maritza919
  • 421 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:13 AM

maybe you can help me. I have heard that you can make a cute cake, stacking some on the conringware on top of each other to make it look like a cake. My Moh is getting married this year and her shower is in June. I have heard you stack like a small medium and large corning ware and then you can out a cake topper on it. You can decorate it pretty. I have never seen this. Does anyone know of this or has pics? I tried looking it up to see if I can find instructions how to do it. If anyone has it I would so appreciate it! Thank you!

#2 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

I haven't heard of this before, but I can picture it.  I would just be careful that the bowls are secured somehow because I could see someone knocking into it and the next thing you know, you have broken Corningware.

#3 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

I found one on google image search, but no directions.

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:13 AM

This is the only image I have found.  I read that you can actually use a glue gun because you can get that off with a little work.

corningware cake.jpg

#5 Maritza919

Maritza919
          • 421 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:42 AM

That's the picture I saw too! I know how are they going to stick. The glue gun would be good.  I'll definitely put my thinking cap on =)

I'm doing the corningware cake and also the candle basket for her shower.

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:07 AM

You could also use the candle or florist mounting putty.  I don't know the real name, but they are the white sticks that look like clay and you can stick thinks to the wall or whatever and it peel off?  Have any idea what I am talking about? lol

#7 Maritza919

Maritza919
              • 421 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

I'll have to go to the art store and see if I can find that there. I know there has to be something to make them stick together. I ordered the corning ware on Wednesday and received it Friday. Macy's was having a good sale :)

#8 traceysteve

traceysteve
                • 328 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

That sounds so cute! Please post pics of the finished product!

#9 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,368 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ErinB 

You could also use the candle or florist mounting putty.  I don't know the real name, but they are the white sticks that look like clay and you can stick thinks to the wall or whatever and it peel off?  Have any idea what I am talking about? lol

I think what you're talking about it called sticky tack.  That's a great idea!

#10 scooter514

scooter514
                    • 155 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

This is so cute. Similar to the diaper cake for a baby shower. I'm using this idea for the next wedding shower I go to!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users