Photo

first greating for guests

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 sharlie

sharlie
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:25 PM

hello ladies...I wanted to know if you any of you had in any great ideas, which I am sure you do. We are having all our guests meet for cocktails for first event so everyone can get to know EVERYONE! But I wanted to give everyone something that will identify  them as part of our group that is NOT dorky but cute and fun..here were some of my ideas but not really liking them.

1. Live strong bracelets (because that what my fiance gave the first night we met)

2. some other kind of bracelet (maybe with their name ??? )

3. glow in the dark necklace or bracelet.

ideas please?? thanks so much!

Negril, Jamaica
    6/29/11
    24 booked =)
    Can't wait til the big day!

#2 kim0806

kim0806
    • 170 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:26 AM

I like this idea!  Would custom cups in a bright color work?

#3 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
      • 718 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:39 AM

I like the third one. You just have to put the name of the first guests on the bracelet or necklace to reflect it in the dark. When thinking about it, I'm sure it's nice to see. 

#4 sharlie

sharlie
        • 261 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

the cups won't work at my resort because they will not allow any cups or koozies that are not from there resort. Very common with the all inclusive resorts! but do like the glow in the dark stuff but it might still be light outside too! They are also make glow in the dark things that go into your drink that fun too...

thanks for the ideas girls =)

Negril, Jamaica
          6/29/11
          24 booked =)

#5 skp1

skp1
          • 405 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

I plan on making baseball caps for my guests (they will be in the OOT bags).  I'm going to do them with a local embroidery shop.  But Vista Print has some too and if you catch a coupon you can load up.  It costs a little more but I want my guests to keep the stuff I'm giving out and not just trash it after the wedding.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#6 sharlie

sharlie
            • 261 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

yeah the vista print hats are kind of dorky...what are you putting on the hats?? cute idea just a lot of women won't wear them =(

Negril, Jamaica
              6/29/11
              24 booked =)

#7 skp1

skp1
              • 405 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:16 AM

I'm just going to put Atlantis, Paradise Island on them - maybe the palm tree from our logo - I want something unique but not too frufru.  I guess some of the older guests might not wear them, but I know all my girlfriends will - especially out at the pool.  But its almost impossible to find gifts that everyone will enjoy - we have guests ages 5-75!

#8 skp1

skp1
                • 405 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:46 AM

OK, this one is dorky but figured I'd throw it out anyway.  I had a ton of extra ribbon from my invites and thought of making those ribbon pins like for breast cancer.  I know people won't wear them the whole weekend but maybe they would just for the first event. 

Pink ribbon.svg

#9 sharlie

sharlie
                  • 261 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

thanks for the ideas but we still have not decided what we are going to do grr.....=/

Negril, Jamaica
                    6/29/11
                    24 booked =)

#10 harkatea

harkatea
                    • 161 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

thats actually a good idea to keep them all together a little bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users