Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#621 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:51 AM

Acutie- I haven't decided about the dress. My FI is insisting on wearing a light grey/ silver suit which wasn't what I imagined (tan/ sand color) so I'm not sure how well my current dress will look with his choice suit, so I'm looking around. But I did decide to knock-off the sarahseven dress since I'm having no luck with the macy's dress.

Moniwoni, I didn't realize you switched dates I just copied what was posted from before :). Just updated it though! Thanks, it's my passport invites! I just made a sample to have a feel for how long it would take me to do them.

Jordan, Welcome! always exciting to have an addition to the group! Let us know when you're officially booked with Now so I can add your name to our list :) For airfare, we had to wait until this past May to view our April 2012 rates, so you do pretty much have to wait until you're within a year the dates you plan to fly. I have a couple TA's that have been great at responding with their emails a few pages back, I would definitely recommend Cherie, she's awesome to work with! Deesanders would be so excited to have an August2012 bride with her

#622 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
    • 460 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

I'm so completely heart-broken, I finally found a photographer that I absolutely love and she's not available for my date! SO SAD!!!  Here is a sample of her work in case any of you want check it out.

http://www.facebook....234.13522013095

#623 sarahgn4t

sarahgn4t
      • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

Please add me to the Now Wedding Date List!!!!!!

Sarah 02-17-12

My travel agent was great!  She used to work for Apple and now works for Travel Leaders.  I can't remember who asked for the information but her name is Jan McGhee janm@travelleaders.com

I am thinking I may get married by a minister for the ceremony.  I was going to have the judge do it so it was "official" but I don't like the idea of having a translator and the judge speaking in Spanish at my ceremony.  I talked to Claribel yesterday and she said that they could have the judge come to the hotel in the morning and I could sign the papers and then we could have a minister do the ceremony.  I think I will have to pay extra for that but I think I may just do that. This way I don't have to do it here in the courthouse or by the judge in Spanish! Ha!

#624 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
        • 460 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

Now Larimar Wedding Dates cheers.gif

Jamie ~ October 29, 2011

MoniWoni ~ November 12, 2011 

Katusha ~ November 18, 2011 

Sarah ~ February 17, 2012

JB ~ April 14, 2012

Acutie~April 17, 2012 

Dee ~ August 11, 2012  

#625 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
          • 460 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

I didn't know the minister would do it english? I thought they all did it in spanish... That's definitely a good idea though, I think it's $500 extra for the judge? Do you then have to pay another extra for the minister? Or is one of them covered with the package?

#626 sarahgn4t

sarahgn4t
            • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:12 PM

hmmm...I don't know??  I thought maybe since some of the girls were talking about hiring a certain pastor that maybe he spoke english??  I could be wrong?? I will ask Claribel tomorrow.  Good thought on that for pricing.  I haven't looked at the packages in a while so I forget what is even included?? That would be fabulous if I only had to pay for the judge and the minister would be included!  I will ask her about that also!! Thanks!

#627 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
              • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

Sarah, I could also be wrong about that... I just assumed that because when I asked if we could eliminate the whole spanish translated to english part the WC offered to officiate. I was more thinking out loud too for the pricing, I think that was one of the questions that I've been waiting on an answer forever... whether or not Pastor York's fee would be included in the package pricing. I know they list judge or minister on there with the legal costs as an extra fee...

Moni, would really be interested to find out about DJ and Photog I hope you hear back from them soon!

#628 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

ladies, another wedding sale coming on ideeli!!!

http://blog.ideeli.c...dy-set-wed.html

#629 JamieBride

JamieBride
                  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:09 AM

Hey Girls!

Which wedding packages are you choosing?

I think I will end up going with the Divine beause I really want the DJ ($730), Gazebo Decor ($250) and upgraded photos so I think it'd be worth the extra $1000. However, I may hire an external videographer that Claribel recommended. He charges $750 for a 45-65 min edited DVD of the whole day.

Ive noticed that a few of  you are hiring an external photographer. Have you heard bad things about the hotel's photos?

~jamie

#630 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                    • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I think the problem is that we've not heard a thing about the resort's photographer! Obviously capturing this big day is so important that we can't chance just hoping they will provide us the service we all want... I wish they could let us know so we can figure out if it's worth keeping it in the package or try to swap it with something else!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users