#1821 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Carrol1121 

I also received the same email. I still called again because of my frustrations with getting things confirmed. I want to confirm other things as well in case of any future policy changes but Luisa has not gotten back to me with any of my emails since the beginning of February. I hope they realize that many Brides are going to go to another resort because of the photographer, management should still reconsider because $500 for outside photographer is just ridiculous.

I have a feeling they are going to lose wedding business because of that as well. Its the most important part of the wedding, IMO, and brides should have a choice of photographers.

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1822 missdeeya

missdeeya
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Even for Brides (like me) that were hoping to have their weddding at Larimar, $500 for a photographer fee is really not cool at all. Argh.... i wonder how many other brides out there are reconsidering like I am. Anyone?????!!!

#1823 mariav1025

mariav1025
    • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm so upset with myself.  I had everyone already book their trip, some are even paid in full.  I have yet to book the wedding due to some unforseen circumstances but planned to do tomorrow.  I always new I was going to want an outside photographer and planned to do it with the 150 day pass but 500 now is ridiculous!  UGH!!!

#1824 Carrol1121

Carrol1121
      • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Hey Mariav1025, Give talking with the WC a shot! Tell her that everyone has booked their trip and having an outside photographer is very important to you!!! She might work with you since people have been already booked. Good Luck!!!

#1825 JessWins79

JessWins79
        • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hi Ladies... I am only having 14 guest (including us) coming. Can't decide if I should splurge on a package or just have the free ceremony and dinner at a restaurant. I feel it would be more worth it if I had 25 guests because I'm paying for that... But don't want to feel like I didn't have the real wedding experience... Did anyone else just have a small ceremony/dinner at restaurant? How did it go? Thank you!!

#1826 mvee1025

mvee1025
          • 155 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hi Carol1121.  We are trying.  I had to get my TA involved.  I figured she had more pull then I do since she recommends their resort so much.  Cross your fingers for me! 

Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with Pastor York?  I can't seem to find him on FB or the net.

Thanks much!

#1827 SusanMike2013

SusanMike2013
            • 123 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by JessWins79 

Hi Ladies... I am only having 14 guest (including us) coming. Can't decide if I should splurge on a package or just have the free ceremony and dinner at a restaurant. I feel it would be more worth it if I had 25 guests because I'm paying for that... But don't want to feel like I didn't have the real wedding experience... Did anyone else just have a small ceremony/dinner at restaurant? How did it go? Thank you!!

We have 18 guests and we are doing the free wedding. (But note it is not confirmed free until you get there...)

We are adding on a private dinner, and the extras I wanted and it comes out cheaper then the middle package.

#1828 EJM17

EJM17
              • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Hi Mvee!

Pastor York's email is: ryork@claro.net.do

I hope you're lucky to get him because he gets very booked. His partner Pastor Mark Lykins will be at my wedding. I'm hoping he is just as good as him. 

#1829 mvee1025

mvee1025
                • 155 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Thank you for the info. Turns out he's phasing into his retirement this year and will not be available for me either. Sounds like Pastor lykins is American as well and has done his fair share of weddings so he should be fine :). When's your wedding?

#1830 EJM17

EJM17
                  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thank you for the info. Turns out he's phasing into his retirement this year and will not be available for me either. Sounds like Pastor lykins is American as well and has done his fair share of weddings so he should be fine :). When's your wedding?

My wedding is 7/20/13. When is yours? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users