ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#261 bride6262

bride6262
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

hello!

any recommendations for us soon to be brides? any suggesstions for ways to save money?? got pics?!?!

Originally Posted by booschmit 

@val2012 ..regarding the official marriage certificate....we paid an extra $100 to the WC (keisha) and they expedited the marriage certif. so we received it in about 2.5 weeks. I had read online how people were having so many problems getting the official certificate even after several months so I wanted to make sure we got it fast. Just ask Keisha if this interests you and you just pay her the $100 when you pay for everything else. 

we did our flowers through tai flora. I would just email them to see if you can get the flowers and have someone else put them together. My bouquet was beautiful though and I had just emailed them a picture of what I wanted.

we used stacey clarke photography! LOVED her..highly recommend. any other questions dont hesitate to ask. We just got back a few weeks ago LOVED the ROR and everything went very smooth for ourselves, our 60 guests and the wedding!!!

#262 bride6262

bride6262
    • 582 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

so anyone used merrick cousley for photography?!

#263 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
      • 193 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krysta lee ann 

so anyone used merrick cousley for photography?!

I attended my cousin's wedding last month at RIU and he was their photographer. My cousin's wife said she chose him because he does a lot of Usain Bolt's photography and he was fairly priced. They haven't gotten their pictures back yet so I can't comment on the quality of their pictures. I will say he was very nice and good at directing us during group family shoots.  Hope that helps.

#264 bride6262

bride6262
        • 582 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

Thanks so much!

#265 bride6262

bride6262
          • 582 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

Ok so i just talked to keisha and this is what she sent me to answer my questions:

** her answers are in caps

> 1. do you have white chairs for the ceremony? *YES, PLEASE SEE > ATTACHED - NO RIBBONS INCLUDED, RIBBONS ARE $3 EACH* > 2. when do i find out what restaurant i will have for the reception? > *CLOSER TO THE WEDDING DAY* > 3. can you send me pictures of the flowers that are included? *PLEASE > SEE ATTACHED CATALOG #153 & #161* > 4. if i have a friend coming from the island and they want to spend > just one night is that possible? *CERTAINLY, AT THE COST OF THE ROOM* > 5. can you have the ceremony on the beach and not on the beach in > gazebo? if so do you have an arch for it? *VISIT WWW.TAIFLORA.COM* > 6. do you have a microphone for the ceremony so people can hear our > vows? *PLEASE MAKE REQUEST UPON ARRIVAL* > 7. do you have an outline of how the ceremony goes? what is said > during the ceremony? *THERE IS NO SPECIFIC SCRIPT. THE MINISTER WILL > WELCOME THE GUESTS, PRAYER, EXCHANGING OF VOWS, BLESSING OF RINGS, > EXCHANGING OF RINGS, SIGNING OF REGISTER, * > 8. How much is the steel drum band? $*490 PER HOUR - SEE ALSO EXTRA > SERVICES AVAILABLE ATTACHED* > 9. can you send me the steakhouse menu?* SEE ATTACHED * > > Thank you, > Krysta 

#266 ericka417

ericka417
            • Site Supporter
            • 97 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:50 AM

can you send me a couple with the catalogs attached.  ericka0417@gmail.com

#267 bride6262

bride6262
              • 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

ericka do you want me to send somethign to you?

Originally Posted by ericka417 

can you send me a couple with the catalogs attached.  ericka0417@gmail.com

#268 bride6262

bride6262
                • 582 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

Hi Ladies!!

so i was thinking about bringing a bouquet with me... does anyoen know a good (but cheap) place to buy fake flowers from?

has anyoen thought of wearing a flower in their hair? if so any ideas on where to get one? i looked on etsy but the shipping rates seem to be outrageous!

Krysta

#269 ericka417

ericka417
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 97 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

There is a forum here for great real touch flowers.  

Hi Ladies!!

so i was thinking about bringing a bouquet with me... does anyoen know a good (but cheap) place to buy fake flowers from?

has anyoen thought of wearing a flower in their hair? if so any ideas on where to get one? i looked on etsy but the shipping rates seem to be outrageous!

Krysta

#270 ericka417

ericka417
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 97 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

yes the email attachments from the WC at ROR

ericka do you want me to send somethign to you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users