Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#161 frizzy64

frizzy64
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

We had the free package cake. It was meant to only serve 10 people but easily served 30 wiith a whole tier left over that we ended up throwing away. The cake was yummy with a rich butter icing on and we were allowed to pick from vanilla or chocolate or a combination of the two. We had a mixture and both were moist and tasty. I wouldn't advise using an outside vendor myself as we loved our cake but its up to you. If you have an outside person come in they will try and charge you for a vendors fee.

Originally Posted by ericka417 

Any ladies have any comments about the cake at ROR.  Are we allowed to bring in a cake from outside and if so does anyone have any recommendations?  Does anyone have the list of cake and flower upgrades?

#162 eddieandsheila

eddieandsheila
    • 110 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hey Ladies!

I was married on May 21st, and everything turned out perfectly.  I've posted my review: http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/4612 =)  If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Shei

#163 rhumrighouse

rhumrighouse
      • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Hi Ladies! I did a lot of searching on this forum before my July 2010 wedding at ROR. Our wedding (and our entire 2 week trip) turned out better than I could have imagined. Here are some pictures from our ceremony (beach gazebo), reception (semi-private at Mammee Bay then beach down in front of plantation - much quieter!), and TTD shoot (Dunn's River). I posted a link to the rest of the photos too. We used the resort's head photographer, Michael, and he was absolutely incredible. Feel free to ask me any questions. Good luck with your planning!!

MSC_0351.jpgMSC_0511.jpgMSC_0570.jpgMSC_0658.jpgMSC_0918.jpgMSC_0841.jpgMSC_0928.jpgMSC_0112.jpg

#164 ericka417

ericka417
        • Site Supporter
        • 97 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

MY fiancee is getting worried since we have never visited ROR.  Does anyone have a video of a wedding done at the property.  I have tried to get him to read the reviews here but...

#165 Marlena

Marlena
          • 254 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:05 AM

Ericka,

Don't stress about it. It's a beautiful resort and the food is great too. I was there in 2007 for a wedding and it was gorgeous. We would have planned our own wedding there, but it was FI's cousin, and he didn't want to get married at the same place, even though it was fantastic. They even had lobsters on the beach on day!~  It's very close to Dunn's river and they have some duty free shopping close too!

#166 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericka417 

MY fiancee is getting worried since we have never visited ROR.  Does anyone have a video of a wedding done at the property.  I have tried to get him to read the reviews here but...

When I was first interested in ROR, someone told me to go to YouTube & look up ROR wedding videos. They even have general videos showcasing the resort. There were quite a few posted at that time but I'm not sure if they still exist or if there are any more up to date videos. While those were helpful, I based my decision mainly on the reviews here on BDW & from Tripadvisor.

If your FI won't actually read the reviews from here would he read them if you printed them out? Have you also tried showing him pictures that BDW brides have posted?

But like Marlena said, ROR is beautiful & you honestly have nothing to worry about. I was married there in 2008 & went back in 2009 with family & friends because we loved it just that much! I can't wait to get back there. 

#167 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
              • 355 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

Ladies, I noticed that a lot of the ceremonies are done without a microphone?  Can the guests actually hear anything? 

I've emailed the resort to ask, but still waiting for an answer and curiosity is just killing me lol...

Also- do you know how much the services cost to get the suit and dress ironed/steamed?

#168 HeavenlyBride

HeavenlyBride
                • 11 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

I feel like I have seen photo's of people using a mic. I hope we can use them because I have a lot of people coming and Im going to need it.

#169 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
                  • 355 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

I heard back on the steaming services. None provided at the hotel, but you can arrange with a local place for $75US which includes pick up and drop off.  I'll let you know what she says about the mic.

#170 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
                    • 355 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:36 AM

That was quick.  I quote: "A microphone will be provided if requested. ".  So I would suggest you request it if required :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users