Photo

Asking for Free Upgrades??

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

I know Tammy's got my back!! :) But hey, there are always restaurants and free desserts! Yum!
    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#22 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starchild
      Well it was the RIU (Jamaica) I was referring to as the ones who upgraded us.

At Dreams were you in the suite tower? We were so we had the private check-in which was totally easy (no line, they sat us down with champagne and cookies..lol) but at first the concierge didn't know it was our honeymoon. We were supposed to have petals in our room and a fruit platter waiting (according to Dreams) but since they didn't know it wasn't there. We got it eventually and everyone - even housekeeping - greeted us as honeymooners from that day out.

Our initial room had 2 beds - yeah that's not hot. She apologized and had someone "make" it a king but the next day they moved us into the king suite directly next door. It was ground level overlooking the ocean and infinity pool, with a ginormous patio. I don't think that was an upgrade though because we booked a suite.

Did you guys get the honeymooners banner on your door and the candles/roses the night of your wedding?
      jamy- you were in the club tower? it's the newer one....does everyone in the club tower have private check in? i've been telling my guests to book those rooms but since they're more $$ ppl haven't been too responsive.

any other secrets i should know?

#23 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:46 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CourtneyV
      I know Tammy's got my back!! :) But hey, there are always restaurants and free desserts! Yum!
      you know...i have no shame...i tell everyone...the people at the airline, everyone!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#24 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:44 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by naughie
        jamy- you were in the club tower? it's the newer one....does everyone in the club tower have private check in? i've been telling my guests to book those rooms but since they're more $$ ppl haven't been too responsive.

any other secrets i should know?
        I'm pretty sure everyone in the club tower gets private check in because they didn't know it was our honeymoon at first so it wasn't like a perk for that or anything. It was cool because there was a line at the front desk that we didn't have to stand in. We just sat down at a table and handled everything, it was much appreciated after a day of travel. I told my guests to book there too but they all chose the old tower to save money. Both are nice so there's not really a bad choice, but our room was so much bigger and nicer than theirs.

All of the club rooms have balconies or patios. Only some of the old tower rooms have balconies - they have a glass door that opens with bars in front so you don't fall out, but you can't sit outside, so when we ordered room service for breakfast we ate it on our patio and they had to sit inside their room. Not a huge deal, but my bm's boyfriend was mad about that because their view was awesome but he had no balcony to enjoy it from. I believe the old tower rooms with balconies are on a space available basis. I don't think there are any other benefits to the club tower besides the check in and nicer rooms. Well, it is newer so the hallways/doors to rooms were nicer than the other wing in my opinion. My guests thought so too, when they came to see our room they were mad they didn't book there. One of them tried to pay for an upgrade to our tower but they said they were sold out.

#25 Karen

Karen
        • 1,308 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Our TA arranged for free upgrades for us and Jay put in a request too. The worse anyone can say is no. I mean I was announcing to everyone I saw that I was getting married or that I was just married anyhow.
          <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#26 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
          • 438 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Vista Print recently ran a special .01 t-shirt, So I got one that read:  the Future Mrs. Sutton with our wedding date.  I plan to wear it on the plane and when we check-in at our resort. 

My mom said it was cheesy

#27 Realcdngirl

Realcdngirl
            • 177 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

We emailed our resort a couple of mths ago asking about upgrades and they emailed us back giving it to us for free! Both the wedding resort and the honeymoon resort. Just explained it was our wedding and asked for cost of upgrade. They have been awesome to work with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users