Photo

Father/Daughter and Mother/Son Dance

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 NA2015

NA2015
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

I will look around tonight. Thanks for the idea.

#12 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

I hope you dance is a great one for mother/son & father/daughter!

#13 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

We are doing a mother/daughter dance with mother/son dance at the same time as well, my FI isnt big on being the center of attention....so this works well for us lol lol

And ill try to think of something fun for you too NABREU7

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#14 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

I'm glad to know there are other brides combining them!  At first we didn't know if it would be right to do them both at the same time together but we are going to.  We just need to narrow down the song we are going to use, we have a few picked out!

Originally Posted by kjw 

I've done a bit of searching and don't see a thread started yet for this topic.  We don't really want to separate out the dance for Father/Daughter and Mother/Son, we want to just do one dance together.  You think this is ok? I know we are breaking the tradition, do you think the parents would be upset by this?  We haven't mentioned it to them yet....

Does anyone have any ideas for songs would be good for this?  I've done a bit of searching and the only one I saw that I really like is My Wish by Rascal Flatts. 

Any other ideas!!??

Thanks!!

#15 Mmack

Mmack
        • 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

My friend used this one and once I heard it, I knew I had to use it!!!

Father/Daughter: I Loved Her First by Heartland....watch the video!! everyone will love it!

Originally Posted by kjw 

I've done a bit of searching and don't see a thread started yet for this topic.  We don't really want to separate out the dance for Father/Daughter and Mother/Son, we want to just do one dance together.  You think this is ok? I know we are breaking the tradition, do you think the parents would be upset by this?  We haven't mentioned it to them yet....

Does anyone have any ideas for songs would be good for this?  I've done a bit of searching and the only one I saw that I really like is My Wish by Rascal Flatts. 

Any other ideas!!??

Thanks!!

Our wedding is in 11 weeks!!! Can't wait to be a Mrs.!!

#16 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

Yes, I love that song and it is beautiful, but it doesn't really work in a combined one, does it? Maybe I am wrong...

#17 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

That is the song my dad chose for our dance but I don't think it really works for a combined one, unless the groom and his mom don't mind it not being about them.... 

Originally Posted by Mmack 

My friend used this one and once I heard it, I knew I had to use it!!!

Father/Daughter: I Loved Her First by Heartland....watch the video!! everyone will love it!

#18 NA2015

NA2015
              • 170 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

That is such a cute song too!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

That is the song my dad chose for our dance but I don't think it really works for a combined one, unless the groom and his mom don't mind it not being about them.... 

#19 Tammy86

Tammy86
                • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

I think the idea of a combined dance is fantastic! It's definitley what we were thinking of doing. They is a modern Take That song that I thought fit the bill, but I can't remembr the name of it now! lol

#20 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

hehehehehehe i hate when that happens i think the hardest part is to narrow down music and playlist, im not enjoying the music part at all lol

Originally Posted by Tammy86 

I think the idea of a combined dance is fantastic! It's definitley what we were thinking of doing. They is a modern Take That song that I thought fit the bill, but I can't remembr the name of it now! lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users