Photo

Bridesmaid Gifts - Creative Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Thanks so much Sharon, it is nice to hear because sometimes it is hard to tell if your DIY projects are any good lol you spend so much time looking at them that you either LOVE them too much or HATE them when they're good lol

#32 greatbritain

greatbritain
    • 171 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:13 AM

They look great, Tori! You really are an impressively crafty DIYer!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Well Dominiqueamber, since you brought it up I thought I would share my DIY wire name hangers.  When I saw them I too was determined to DIY them myself.  I bought the hangers at our local dollar store 3 for $2 and I even got the wire there too, only $1.25 for A LOT!  I thought I would get it before investing in other wire because if I mess up too bad I am not throwing money down the drain.  I first attempted to do it with my bare hands.... it worked OK but not as tight as I would have liked.  I invested in a pir of jewelry making needle nose pliers at Michaels (under $5 on sale this weekend) and went back at it! I wanted to make one for my Best Friend who is getting married on the 23rd of this month and I am her MOH.  I will be holding a surprise bachelorette/shower for her on the 20th and want to give it to her then.  I finished hers (may attempt it one more time, let me know if you think it is any good lol) and then did a mock up of my own!!!!!!! I removed the wood bar that was attached in the hanger (for pants or something) and attached the wire there.  I considered doing them all wire but like the "durability" of the wood hanger as you know that it will hold the dress lol!!!  I lined the underside of the hanger with ribbon (her colour is pink for mine I just did ivory) to give it a more finished looked and to cover up where the wire is attached.

Let me know what you think ladies!!! I am considering doing MOH and BM ones for my wedding but not certain.  I could also do their names.....

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

#33 JBean

JBean
      • 429 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

I have no idea what to get my BM's. They all have pretty different tastes. I'm thinking maybe a monogramed robe and simple earrings, but I like the horseback excursion idea too! I wish I had an unlimited budget!

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
        Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
        Bride & Groom + 29

#34 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
        • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

The personalized beach chair covers are a neat idea too!!

Originally Posted by JBean 

I have no idea what to get my BM's. They all have pretty different tastes. I'm thinking maybe a monogramed robe and simple earrings, but I like the horseback excursion idea too! I wish I had an unlimited budget!

#35 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
          • 260 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

i saw that on etsy too, and loved it... however mine have very long names so it looks too funny

All because, two people fell in love!

#36 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
            • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Great idea Dominique....I'm also thinking of DIY the hangers and possibly foot jewelry...

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

I'm determined to attempt the hangers myself one day... I think if I can make wire jewelry that this shouldn't be so hard - we'll see!

I love the idea of having a get together and sneaking in the question about their favorite colors! :)

#37 passionsarcasm

passionsarcasm
              • 206 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

I have to agree here...Tori you are impressive (ahem OOT/Swag bags...monograms...invites...etc!!!!!). The hangers came out fantastic! Thanks for the info on how to do them...

Originally Posted by greatbritain 

They look great, Tori! You really are an impressively crafty DIYer!

#38 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                • 423 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

I know it's not very creative by The Knot has all therebridesmaids gifts on sale right now.

http://weddingshop.t...pd3 bmg blowout

#39 Gin Bootles

Gin Bootles
                  • 260 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

thanks so much for the idea

All because, two people fell in love!

#40 nancya

nancya
                    • 120 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:17 AM

Love the diy hangers!!! I want to try to diy it as well but i'm afraid to attempt it haha. I may get the wooden hangers and use a stencil to spray paint their initials on the top part and maybe a ribbon to add in my wedding colors. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users