#21 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jszy10 

I remember when I was in Ocho Rios I purchased a few smaller bottles of Appleton as gifts and I feel like I remember them being around $6-8...but there were definitely bottles smaller than the ones I purchased, so I wouldn't guess any more than $5?

I think thats about right. But keep in mind that there are 2 different sized bottles. There are the smaller nip sized bottles & then there's a size above that which are the one's that I got. For some reason I think the larger bottle is about 200ml, but don't quote me on that!

Actually, this is an old thread where this was discussed:

http://www.bestdesti...eton-rum-favors 

#22 skp1

skp1
    • 405 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

Oh yeah, we're also having a flip flop basket by the dance floor.  So our guests will have plenty of keepsakes

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#23 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:06 AM

Thank you both!

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jszy10 

I remember when I was in Ocho Rios I purchased a few smaller bottles of Appleton as gifts and I feel like I remember them being around $6-8...but there were definitely bottles smaller than the ones I purchased, so I wouldn't guess any more than $5?

I think thats about right. But keep in mind that there are 2 different sized bottles. There are the smaller nip sized bottles & then there's a size above that which are the one's that I got. For some reason I think the larger bottle is about 200ml, but don't quote me on that!

Actually, this is an old thread where this was discussed:

http://www.bestdesti...eton-rum-favors 

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
        ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#24 all the love

all the love
        • Site Supporter
        • 133 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

We're planning on 30-50 guests so our OOT bags will have to be relatively small to be able to afford them all. For favors, we're just thinking of a small candy bag for each guest, mostly as just an extra splash of color for each place setting.

#25 sharlie

sharlie
          • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

I am still debating the favors..we are doing OTT bags for sure

Negril, Jamaica
            6/29/11
            24 booked =)
            Can't wait til the big day!

#26 johnnmakenzie11

johnnmakenzie11
            • 157 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Im not planning on doing favors at the reception. Im sending luggage tags and a pre-wedding brochure before and then OOT bags. I dont think my guests will even notice. too much all inclusive fun going on! ;)

#27 beachesSB1412

beachesSB1412
              • 171 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

I too ponder these thoughts....I just feel like I should be doing something more to show my appreciation for coming all the way for the wedding but then I think it was their decision and it is a vacation for them and nothing would stink more than to spend the money on favors only to have them discarded or not used.  ughhhhhhh - decisions!!!!

My fiance really wants to do something "unique" so we are considering having personalized temporary tattoo's made for fun - has anyone on here done those?  Just interested in where you purchased them and how they were received by guests.  (Our group is a bunch of goof-balls so they would probably like them but I'm having a creativity fart!)

#28 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
                • 47 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

We are doing really nice OOT bags so no favors - it doesn't make sense to me because everyone's going back to a hotel room right on property - not like they will take a souvenir home that night - and I don't want to give them anything extra to pack.

beaches - I was thinking about tattoos too! A lot of our guests are from our Burning Man camp and we often do tattoos for that....so it would be a kind of fun thing. Let me know if you find a resource! TIA!

#29 boompie1

boompie1
                  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

The hot sauce is a wonderful idea

#30 Pucca

Pucca
                    • 485 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

We're doing favors -- something unique to Mexico so we'll shop for it when we're there. No OOT bags here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users