Photo

HELP!! What hostess gifts should I buy for my bridal showers?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Diva

Diva
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

I have two bridal showers, and one is coming up next weekend on Jan 15! The other is mid February

I know it is proper etiquette to give the hostess(es) a small token of appreciation, but I have NO clue what to get.  I am not really feeling the whole Bath and Body Works thing...

Ideas?

Thanks!

#2 katelynn

katelynn
    • 414 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:04 PM

I sent mine a bouquet of their fav flowers at work with a nice card...I  thought it was heart felt. For the next one I think I might give them Willow Tree Angels if you have ever seem them..some are friendship etc.

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#3 Diva

Diva
      • 682 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Those are a cute idea! I just Googled them and checked them out.  

The flowers are a good idea too! Would it be bad if I just brought the flowers to the shower with me?

#4 RocknRobin04

RocknRobin04
        • Banned
        • 107 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 01:37 PM

I love the idea of sending flowers. Some of us have fabulous fiance's but don't recieve flowers enough. CUTE idea :)

#5 ChristieG

ChristieG
          • 37 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

My maid of honours Mom threw my bridal shower and she is a woman who already owns everything so I put together a basket of consumable items. We did a couple bottles of wine, chocolates and went to a local farmers market and got some home made items from that. She really liked it as it was something she could enjoy with her family and a few things she had never tried.

#6 Diva

Diva
            • 682 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:26 AM

I did the Spafinder gift card for the shower I had a few weeks ago.  It is a cool concept, basically you purchase the amount you want on it and they go online and find a spa near them that will accept it! I figure everyone loves to be pampered :-)

Thanks for the ideas ladies!

#7 smfs

smfs
              • 176 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

I saw on this site where someone had goven their hostesses a shower gel kit & said "Hope your next shower is as great as mine!"

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*
                http://vimeo.com/19177280

#8 adales

adales
                • Site Supporter
                • 545 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

My bridesmaids are throwing my shower and I thought that their gifts that they are getting from me before the wedding would suffice, is this wrong?  

#9 islandbride8

islandbride8
                  • 315 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:05 AM

I had no clue i needed to get hostess gifts for my shower!  AHHH  I'm soo clueless, and grateful for this forum! 

#10 MDLady

MDLady
                    • 433 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:35 AM

I didn't get my sister anything for throwing the bridal shower but now I wish I had.  I did give her and my BMs a nice gift for being in our wedding party (jewelry) but I'm sure that she would have appreciated the gesture.  A bottle of wine or champagne is always a good gift :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users