Photo

GRAND PALLADIUM BRIDES 2011........ Watch out for the fees!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

For the Blue Lagoon I was told $300 to rent it out and $45 per person for the dinner/drinks.  When I asked about the length of time I was told it was reserved for me from 6-10PM. Any additional time will attract a charge of USD200 per hour. If you wish to keep the bar open, the cost is USD6 per hour  per person in addition to the 200 charge.

#22 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
    • 610 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:01 AM

I must have reserved my date/spot before the $300 fee started, all I'm paying is the extra $45/pp. 

Will your dinner be plated or buffet?  If you don't mind, I would love to see your menu choices.  LOL I'm jealous I didn't think of a beach reception!  Actually I did, but that was at a different resort and they said that we would be washed away... could just be the time of year.  Hmmmmmmm

Also, let me know about the alcohol!

Originally Posted by JessicaP2012 

Was it an extra $300 for the blue lagoon? plus the $45 per person for dinner?

We are only have approximately 20 people attending so I don't think doing the blue lagoon is a great option for us.

The beach reception is buffet menu only. It consists of 3 buffet menus: Jamaican, Gala (3 options) and BBQ

Jamaican buffet - $50 per person

Gala Buffet - option 1 - $70 per person

- option 2 - $80 per person

- option 3 - $90 per person

BBQ Buffet - $60 per person

I don't know if alcohol is included, I have to inquire about this. I'm assuming it is but not sure.

I have the menus if you want me to post them or pm you.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#23 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
      • 162 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

Our WC has not told us that there is a $300 charge for the blue lagoon or the posiden restaurant. But this will probably change once we know exactly how many people are coming. We have 7 people so fair wanting to book (YAY).

If we have our reception on the beach it will be buffet style and all the alcohol is included in the price of the buffet per person. I've been trying to figure out how to post word documents so everyone can see the buffet menu.

#24 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
        • 610 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:44 AM

Hey Jess!  When you reply, just click on the paperclip above the text box to attach.  :)

Originally Posted by JessicaP2012 

I've been trying to figure out how to post word documents so everyone can see the buffet menu.

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#25 doublehappiness

doublehappiness
          • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

We are currently looking into resorts for our destination wedding in Jamaica. Your experience is helpful in our own planning so thank you for sharing it on here. Hope to find more useful things about the different resorts and hopefully nail down a location soon!

#26 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
            • 162 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

Hey Beachbridein11,

Sorry this has taken me so long to post, I'm having some family issues with respect to our wedding in Jamaica so I've been a little preoccupied. How's your wedding planning coming along? Its almost time....Are you getting excited?

I have attached the buffet menus for you to take a look at:

Since your doing a private reception, which menu did you decide to do? I'm considering the private reception but can't decide on what to pick for people to eat. Our WC sent me all the menus for the restuarants but its hard to choose from because everyone has different taste. How did you decide?

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

Hey Jess!  When you reply, just click on the paperclip above the text box to attach.  :)

Attached Files

#27 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:46 AM

Hi Jessica!

I'm sorry you're having family issues regarding the wedding.  Hopefully everything settles down with no worries left!

Thanks for sending over the information!

We picked the menu from Xaymaica.  We figured that we're in Jamaica, so the Xaymaica food has to be good, right? LOL

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#28 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                • 610 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

Forgot to answer other questions... LOL  :)

Planning is going great!  I finished a lot of items last week, so not much left to do!  My shower was yesterday and it was perfect!!!  So much fun!!  I'm definitely excited!  I don't know how you guys can wait over a year to get married!! LOL

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#29 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
                  • 162 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hey Beachbridein2011,

Ohh I wish I was getting married this year. I want to do some more planning but its too far away. What are your wedding colours? Did you pick the blue and white Waves of Love package or the green and white Waves of Love package? Are you upgrading your flowers? I can't decide on wedding colours. What does your wedding dress look like? is it white?

I can't wait to see your planning thread!! :) I need to start checking this website everyday!

Keep me posted on your wedding details. Can't wait to see and hear about it!! It makes me so excited for mine except for I can't find "the dress".

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

Forgot to answer other questions... LOL  :)

Planning is going great!  I finished a lot of items last week, so not much left to do!  My shower was yesterday and it was perfect!!!  So much fun!!  I'm definitely excited!  I don't know how you guys can wait over a year to get married!! LOL

#30 sasha

sasha
                    • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

Thats crazy i would say find a cheaper location outside of GP and make it magical!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users