#41 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi there!

I'm slightly jealous that you are getting married at Secrets Maroma as it looks so beautiful!!  Congrats on seding your STD's.

Originally Posted by bellajovie 

Hey Everyone!

I'm getting married 1/14/2012 at Secrets Maroma in Mexico.  We are actually sending our STD's this week...so I am super excited!!!

#42 bellajovie

bellajovie
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

Thank you JayKay!

#43 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
    • 396 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:44 AM

Any of you ladies start dress shopping yet? I started this week, hopefully going to make the big purchase on Sat. I feel like it is so early to look for a gown, but i guess in reality it isnt! For me, I just need to buy something, cause if i keep looking at dresses online i am going to go nuts!!!! It is such a hard choice!  I am debating betweeen a 'typlical' destination wedding dress, kinda sexy, and an all lace Maggie that i love, but is more expensive and not sure if it beachy enough.....sigh!

#44 JayKay

JayKay
      • 3,472 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:23 PM

I bought my dress last week! I thought it was super early to, but according to the lady not that early.  Its going to take 6 months to get my dress in and then I will have to do some alterations (hemming for sure) and she also said that because we are getting married in January you have to consider the time most places take off over Christmas and New Years. Happy shopping!  I found a dress I loved and its not what I had in mind.  Its not really beachy but more formal but I fell in love.  I wanted the cheaper,lighter, flowier dresses to work, but I just didn't feel as pretty in them!  I think you need to just buy what you feel right in!  Good luck!

Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

Any of you ladies start dress shopping yet? I started this week, hopefully going to make the big purchase on Sat. I feel like it is so early to look for a gown, but i guess in reality it isnt! For me, I just need to buy something, cause if i keep looking at dresses online i am going to go nuts!!!! It is such a hard choice!  I am debating betweeen a 'typlical' destination wedding dress, kinda sexy, and an all lace Maggie that i love, but is more expensive and not sure if it beachy enough.....sigh!

#45 bellajovie

bellajovie
      • 93 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

I actually decided on a dress this week!  I thought it was a bit early for January, but then read on another thread that 9 months out is recommended! Like you JayKay, my dress is definitely not a beach dress, more formal, but I absolutely love it!!

#46 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Congrats on deciding on a dress!!!

Originally Posted by bellajovie 

I actually decided on a dress this week!  I thought it was a bit early for January, but then read on another thread that 9 months out is recommended! Like you JayKay, my dress is definitely not a beach dress, more formal, but I absolutely love it!!

#47 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
        • 396 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

I am leaning towards a non-beachy dress, i am normally not a person who dresses sexy, i tend to lean towards things that are more pretty, and of course the two dresses i have in mind, one is sexy/beach, and the other is a little more formal and lace and pretty . Going today with my mom to show her the contenders, even though i know she is going to love the lace. Tomorrow i have to go with FMIL (they couldnt get off on the same day) and i know she is going to like the more sexy one. Ugh. I just want to get it done!! lol!!!

#48 muzikgrrl

muzikgrrl
          • 193 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:29 PM

I'll be getting married on the 21 January in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica.  I'm looking for dresses right now too!  There are so many beautiful ones but a lot of them seem really heavy for the hot weather.

#49 Avens

Avens
            • 576 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

Mine should actually be getting in tomorrow! I ordered it a few months ago :)  The dress I wanted was really hard to find and I was worried it would be gone if I waited until now.

Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

#50 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
              • 396 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

I ordered my dress! Yipee..i posted pics in the Maggie Thread...i love it! So glad i did it now though, wont be in until Sept, then with all the fall/winter holidays who knows how long alterations will take!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users