Jump to content

Photo

January 2012 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#461 kya101

kya101
  • Member
  • 645 posts

    Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:33 PM

    Yahoo!!! got my OOT bag stuff done!!! Only have to print one more page for the welcome books, but have to wait to hear about morning after brunch/welcome dinner. I think I'm almost set for DIY stuff, only have to do placecards!!! I just found out yesterday that one of my fiance's sisters is going to come with her 2 children, very excited about it, but I had to go on the flower girl dress hunt today. Our niece was going to be our flower girl, but they weren't going to make it so we just decided not to have one. SOOO now I get to have one again!!! YAY.... I was so lucky to find a very cute dress on ebay of all places today. I was getting frustrated when I first started looking because all the dresses I could find were too dressy and fancy for the beach and it's impossible to find a cute summer dress in November, but I did come out on top with the perfect dress!!! I'm really getting excited now for the wedding and the holidays!!!!



    #462 perry1217

    perry1217
    • Jr. Member
    • 355 posts

      Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

      Hey AM!! We get there the 3rd. I can't even believe how quickly it is all coming together!!! Are you ready?


      Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

      #463 J and G 2012

      J and G 2012
      • Jr. Member
      • 423 posts

        Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

        I found my dress!! So glad I didn't settle!

        And off the rack, fits me perfectly, discounted and only minor changes needed!

        I'm going to remove the flower and have a red belt.

        On less thing to stress about!

         

         

        11262011488.jpg11262011490.jpg



        #464 Avens

        Avens
        • Member
        • 576 posts

          Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

          I love the skirt!! Good job!
           

          Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

          I found my dress!! So glad I didn't settle!

          And off the rack, fits me perfectly, discounted and only minor changes needed!

          I'm going to remove the flower and have a red belt.

          On less thing to stress about!

           

           

          11262011488.jpg11262011490.jpg



           



          #465 kya101

          kya101
          • Member
          • 645 posts

            Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

            Oh my LOVING the new dress!!!!! Almost makes me second guess mine... lol!!!! Very Very beautiful!!!



            #466 Manda123

            Manda123
            • Jr. Member
            • 380 posts

              Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

              LOVE the dress!

               

               

              How's everyone's planning coming along? I finished buying everything for my OOTs this weekend. I;m so frustrated with the communication of the WC at my resort. I asked her for a breakdown of the wedding ceremony so I can make programs and also for the reception so I can make my welcome letter with all the times for the week, but she hasn't gotten back to me! So much for ordering things from Vista - there's a chance now that I won't get things in time :(



              #467 BusyBee123

              BusyBee123
              • Jr. Member
              • 335 posts

                Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:47 AM

                I understand your frustration with WCs!  Mine contacted my last week to advise that my entire reception had been cancelled due to my numbers!  Despite only ever quoting 10-22 people (I only invited 22 people!), they are now advising that I cannot rent out our gazebo for a reception/dance as they require a minimum of 25 people.  Interesting as its been confirmed since March!  I'm still working on it, and although I think they're going to let me go ahead and rent the gazebo (its a flat rate), I think they're going to refuse me the bartender (paid per person).  So frustrating!  Nothing like some stress 43 days before the wedding!  
                 

                Originally Posted by Manda123 

                How's everyone's planning coming along? I finished buying everything for my OOTs this weekend. I;m so frustrated with the communication of the WC at my resort. I asked her for a breakdown of the wedding ceremony so I can make programs and also for the reception so I can make my welcome letter with all the times for the week, but she hasn't gotten back to me! So much for ordering things from Vista - there's a chance now that I won't get things in time :(



                 



                #468 kya101

                kya101
                • Member
                • 645 posts

                  Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

                  To Trash the Dress or not to Trash the Dress????? I'm sooooo on the fence, I want to do it so bad, but my fiance is like, "another day of photos.... I hate taking pictures!!!!" They look so awesome though and I'm really starting to realize I only get to do this once and maybe I do want some of those things I never thought I wanted out of a wedding wacko.gif I dunno, last minute stuff is really freaking me out!!! I know what I "thought" I wanted and now all of sudden I'm not sure of anything I wanted anymore... please tell me I'm not the only one and this is normal???? Please???? LOL Just have to tell myself to keep it together for 8 more weeks.... 8 weeks ahhhhhhhh!!!!! LOL

                   

                  I'm losing it so much I totally just posted this in the wrong thread!!!!! LOL



                  #469 J and G 2012

                  J and G 2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 423 posts

                    Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

                    Kya,  just breath.... Thats what I keep telling myself!

                    It will work itself out... Once you are there.... Everything will be perfect...Breath...

                     

                    Our thought is that we don't want any regrets. We are only doing this once. And although we are not doing a big elaborate ceremony/receptions etc. etc. we are making sure that we do everything that is important to us. no regrets.

                     

                    Sit down with your FI talk about what is important... If you want to do the TTD make a compromise... it's only going to be a couple of hours hunny... There will be beer there... ahaha but seriously... if it's important to you, he will do it.

                     

                    Breath....



                    #470 Nikadawn

                    Nikadawn
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 191 posts

                      Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

                      Hey BusyBee!

                      I was at a wedding at your resort last spring and from what I remember it's not a super long walk from the gazebo to the lobby bar. If you don't get a bartender it would be less than a ten minute walk there and back for people to grab their own drinsk (although there is a serious stairway along the way) Are you doing oot bags? If you give everyohne one of those huge travel mugs and tell them to bring it to the reception they'll only need one drink ;)

                       

                      Originally Posted by BusyBee123 

                      I understand your frustration with WCs!  Mine contacted my last week to advise that my entire reception had been cancelled due to my numbers!  Despite only ever quoting 10-22 people (I only invited 22 people!), they are now advising that I cannot rent out our gazebo for a reception/dance as they require a minimum of 25 people.  Interesting as its been confirmed since March!  I'm still working on it, and although I think they're going to let me go ahead and rent the gazebo (its a flat rate), I think they're going to refuse me the bartender (paid per person).  So frustrating!  Nothing like some stress 43 days before the wedding!  
                       



                       



                       


                      Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users