Photo

January 2012 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
739 replies to this topic

#141 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

Someone bought us a gift off of our registry!!!! So exciting!!!!! It makes it feel more real :)

#142 kya101

kya101
    • 645 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:47 AM

That is very exciting!!! I can't wait to go dress shopping, I think that's going to make it feel real for me!!! YAY for gifts Lizzdee!!!!

#143 aahq45

aahq45
      • 179 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

What kind of dress do you have in mind??  I went shopping this weekend and fell in love with the trumpet style and I thought I would NEVER wear a tight dress! haha!  I didn't find "the one", but going back next weekend with my mom!! :)  When are you going shopping?

Originally Posted by kya101 

That is very exciting!!! I can't wait to go dress shopping, I think that's going to make it feel real for me!!! YAY for gifts Lizzdee!!!!

#144 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:21 AM

My dress came in! Two months before it was supposed to! I went and tried it on and picked it up! So exciting!

#145 Avens

Avens
        • 576 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:43 AM

So exciting!  I have mine at home now too, I definitely tried it on at least twice since then :)

I've started flower shopping, I think I'm going with Real Touch.  So many great options!   Anyone else going that route?

I emailed our WC at the resort last night to try and reserve our wedding location.  Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I also finally got the FH thinking about what he wants to wear, groomsmen stuff and a few other details.  Yay!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

My dress came in! Two months before it was supposed to! I went and tried it on and picked it up! So exciting!

#146 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

Thats so exciting.  I think we are just going to use the free flowers included in our wedding package, but real touch flowers are beautiful!

Originally Posted by Avens 

So exciting!  I have mine at home now too, I definitely tried it on at least twice since then :)

I've started flower shopping, I think I'm going with Real Touch.  So many great options!   Anyone else going that route?

I emailed our WC at the resort last night to try and reserve our wedding location.  Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I also finally got the FH thinking about what he wants to wear, groomsmen stuff and a few other details.  Yay!

#147 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
          • 396 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

Yay!!!! I hope mine comes in early too!!! They said 6 months, but we will see... Things are happening ladies!!!!

#148 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
            • 396 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

I'm a floral designer, so it is totally against all I believe in to do fake flowers, call me snotty but I just can't do it. That being said, I also WILL NOT pay the prices the resort is charging for flowers. So, my boss is going to make me a seashell bouquet, then when I get to the resort I will take the complimentary bouquet of 5 stems white dendo orchids and maybe add them into it. The flower part is the only thing that depresses me :( I do huge weddings, where our brides spend anywhere from 10-30 thousand on flowers!! Crazy, I know. And the only thing I have every thought about when I think of walking down the aisle is what kind of flowers I would carry. So to not be able to have them, due to location blows, big time :(

So exciting! I have mine at home now too, I definitely tried it on at least twice since then :)

I've started flower shopping, I think I'm going with Real Touch. So many great options! Anyone else going that route?

I emailed our WC at the resort last night to try and reserve our wedding location. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I also finally got the FH thinking about what he wants to wear, groomsmen stuff and a few other details. Yay!

Quote:

#149 kya101

kya101
              • 645 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

I am going in exactly 1 month from today!!! I cannot wait and I have no idea what style or anything I want in a dress... I'm going to be an open book for the sales lady, all I care about is that I look good in it and it I guess that it doesn't drag in the sand ;) That's so exciting you get to go next week!!! Yay!!!

#150 Avens

Avens
                • 576 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

I totally understand this, I'm a botanist (with a Masters degree) by trade.  :)  So studying plants and flowers is what I do all day.

However I had my heart set on Cymbidium green orchids, and the fact that they may not be available, and if they - its about $25 per stem (resort quote from another bride on here) doesn't really make it feasible.   If I would have been married at home, I would have done all native flowers and very natural, but since its away - I wanted the orchids.

The other thing that bugged me, is we get married on Thursday and leave Sat morning.  So I won't be able to enjoy the flowers, and I can't take them home for a keepsake due to customs.  So I figured I'd do the real touch.

The hippie in me is justifying the fact that cut flowers use a lot of pesticides etc. to be produced.  Haha, though using fossil fuels to make plastic isn't much better. 

I will probably also get the free flowers, and use them in some of my photos etc.

I also thought about doing something like a seashell bouquet, but that really isn't me. I've tried hard to not make it to themey in that sense.

Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

I'm a floral designer, so it is totally against all I believe in to do fake flowers, call me snotty but I just can't do it. That being said, I also WILL NOT pay the prices the resort is charging for flowers. So, my boss is going to make me a seashell bouquet, then when I get to the resort I will take the complimentary bouquet of 5 stems white dendo orchids and maybe add them into it.

The flower part is the only thing that depresses me

So exciting! I have mine at home now too, I definitely tried it on at least twice since then :)

I've started flower shopping, I think I'm going with Real Touch. So many great options! Anyone else going that route?

I emailed our WC at the resort last night to try and reserve our wedding location. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

I also finally got the FH thinking about what he wants to wear, groomsmen stuff and a few other details. Yay!

Quote:

Back to Brides Roll Call

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users