Photo

2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

#511 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Heads up about: Palace Resorts $1500 Resort Credit TAX Update

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#512 yunric

yunric
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hi RMbride2b,

I have the same issue with the strong arm tactics of Palace.  I'm not paying $300 for 20 mins of microphone.  ITS RIDICULOUS.

That said- we are bringing our BOSE, wireless speakers, our laptop and a microphone.  We tried it out in the backyard a few weeks ago and it sounds great!  Initially, I didn't want to lug everything, but considering the Bose usage for our reception as well?  Why not?

I would urge you to try it out. Do you have someone " techhie" coming to your wedding?

#513 yunric

yunric
    • 93 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

too funny!  Im allergic to bees...  You just reminded me to make sure my MOH packs my epi-pen with her for the day!! LOL.  BTW- beautiful dress!

Originally Posted by novbride 

Hi Ladies!

I've been super busy with work lately, so I haven't been on this site for a while.  I forgot all about it, until we started planning our next trip to Playacar :)  We are thinking about going back in November!  If anyone has questions or wants to see pictures, please feel free to PM me.  I have tons of pictures, but don't want to post them all publicly.

If you want to see a super funny clip from our wedding, the link is below.  Don't worry - it won't happen to you - I just have that kind of luck... :) But, I'm glad it happened because it certainly made the wedding unforgettable! (FYI - none of this video was shot by Playacar Palace photographers.  It was all taken by family members.)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2bAk6AFRT2M

#514 perry1217

perry1217
      • 355 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Ladies, I don't know when you booked, but prior to I believe March 2011 there was no fee for sound set up on the beach.  Since I booked before that, I stood firm that I was not paying for it.  That being said, there was a girl who had her wedding day the day before mine who did not have the sound system and you could not hear a thing.  If we could not have had ours for free, honestly I think I would have just shelled out the money.

Playacar Palace Bride - January 6, 2012!!!!

#515 Burlia

Burlia
        • 31 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

I also noticed on their website that it states the newColin Cowie structure for complimentaryceremony will not be used until June 2012 so I assume that means any of us before that will have the old structure.

#516 ChaznMarisa

ChaznMarisa
          • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

We are getting married on the beach and did NOT want to pay $300 for the sound system either, so we are buying a relatively inexpensive PA system we found on amazon. It has wireless microphones and got good reviews. I'll let everyone know how it works. Hey I may even sell it after we get back if it works well!

#517 ChampagneBlush

ChampagneBlush
            • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

From Maii: Thank you for the florist info! ♥

#518 vazworld

vazworld
              • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Good to know about the sound system. We'll give it a try and see if it works well. No matter what, we are planning to bring and play our own music because we don't need a dance floor.

Makeup: Adrian's salon (Styling Trio) is only 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. That way I get to save on the day pass for 2-3 people.  I can also use the trial run hair and makeup on the TTD session. I trust they will do a good job even without the trial run.

Floral Vendor: Maybe I'll ask Laura to drop off the stuff at the hotel and I'll ask my friends to pick them up for the reception decoration. (Wilma) Yes you can do this; please just let your friends know that they will need to be available at the time the florist gets to the hotel to get all the stuff. 

New Tax: The 11% tax is only on the resort credits and you need to pay in cash or credit card for the tax at the end of your stay after using the credits. I think I will reserve for spa and dolphin swim this week for December 2012 to save on tax.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
                CHICEN ITZA       CHICEN ITZA    
                  WET & WILD   WET & WILD   WET & WILD  
                  TULUM   TULUM   TULUM  
                ISLA MUJERES   ISLA MUJERES     ISLA MUJERES  
                GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF
                SPA SPA SPA SPA SPA SPA SPA
                DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM
                ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER   ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER

The Tours in blue can be booked in advance.
                The Tours in Black can be booked upon your arrival trought the Guest services desk.

Mariachi Band: I got the rate from Carlos Lopez Horta (lohorca@hotmail.com) and they charge 9000 pesos (USD 710) for 10 musicians (45min) or 6300 pesos (USD 498) for 7 musicians (45min). They know the hotel and work there so we don't need to pay day pass. The hotel charges USD 1100 for 8 musicians (60min)!!!

Here is the website/photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.270743582941574.96323.228014667214466&type=3#!/pages/Mariachi-%C3%81guilas-de-M%C3%A9xico/228014667214466?sk=wall

#519 vazworld

vazworld
                • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Good to know about the sound system. We'll give it a try and see if it works well. No matter what, we are planning to bring and play our own music because we don't need a dance floor.

Makeup: Adrian's salon (Styling Trio) is only 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. That way I get to save on the day pass for 2-3 people.  I can also use the trial run hair and makeup on the TTD session. I trust they will do a good job even without the trial run.

Floral Vendor: Maybe I'll ask Laura to drop off the stuff at the hotel and I'll ask my friends to pick them up for the reception decoration. (Wilma) Yes you can do this; please just let your friends know that they will need to be available at the time the florist gets to the hotel to get all the stuff. 

New Tax: The 11% tax is only on the resort credits and you need to pay in cash or credit card for the tax at the end of your stay after using the credits. I think I will reserve for spa and dolphin swim this week for December 2012 to save on tax.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
                  CHICEN ITZA       CHICEN ITZA    
                    WET & WILD   WET & WILD   WET & WILD  
                    TULUM   TULUM   TULUM  
                  ISLA MUJERES   ISLA MUJERES     ISLA MUJERES  
                  GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF GOLF
                  SPA SPA SPA SPA SPA SPA SPA
                  DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM DOLPHIN SWIM
                  ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER   ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER ROMANTIC DINNER

The Tours in Black can be booked upon your arrival trought the Guest services desk.

Mariachi Band: I got the rate from Carlos Lopez Horta (lohorca@hotmail.com) and they charge 9000 pesos (USD 710) for 10 musicians (45min) or 6300 pesos (USD 498) for 7 musicians (45min). They know the hotel and work there so we don't need to pay day pass. The hotel charges USD 1100 for 8 musicians (60min)!!!

Here is the website/photos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.270743582941574.96323.228014667214466&type=3#!/pages/Mariachi-%C3%81guilas-de-M%C3%A9xico/228014667214466?sk=wall

#520 vazworld

vazworld
                  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

Makeup: Adrian's salon (Styling Trio) is only 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. That way I get to save on the day pass for 2-3 people.  I can also use the trial run hair and makeup on the TTD session. I trust they will do a good job even without the trial run.

New Tax: The 11% tax is only on the resort credits and you need to pay in cash or credit card for the tax at the end of your stay after using the credits. I think I will reserve for spa and dolphin swim this week for December 2012 to save on tax.

Monday
                    Tuesday
                    Wednesday
                    Thursday
                    Friday
                    Saturday
                    Sunday
                    CHICEN ITZA

CHICEN ITZA

WET & WILD

WET & WILD

WET & WILD

TULUM

TULUM

TULUM

ISLA MUJERES

ISLA MUJERES

ISLA MUJERES

GOLF
                    GOLF
                    GOLF
                    GOLF
                    GOLF
                    GOLF
                    GOLF
                    SPA
                    SPA
                    SPA
                    SPA
                    SPA
                    SPA
                    SPA
                    DOLPHIN SWIM
                    DOLPHIN SWIM
                    DOLPHIN SWIM
                    DOLPHIN SWIM
                    DOLPHIN SWIM
                    DOLPHIN SWIM
                    DOLPHIN SWIM
                    ROMANTIC DINNER
                    ROMANTIC DINNER
                    ROMANTIC DINNER

ROMANTIC DINNER
                    ROMANTIC DINNER
                    ROMANTIC DINNER

&

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users