Photo

Desperately need help with my Boarding Pass Announcements!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hi All,

I have the word document template for the boarding pass invitations and I like the way mine turned out, BUT the issue is with the template you have 3 boarding passes on each sheet.  However, I can't figure out how to get an image inserted on each boarding pass.  Because the template is set up with text boxes I can't insert an image "behind" the text so I've had to use the "watermark" option in the word document.  The issue is I am only able to insert 1 watermark, so I end up with my image (I am using a palm tree on some and starfish on some) on the middle boarding pass.  So the other two on the page are plain without the background image.

If I can't figure it out I guess I will just print them and only use the middle one...seems like a waste, I could get 3 invitations out of 1 page but instead I will throw away 2 and only use 1 :( :(

Anybody have a different template or know how you can get an image on all 3 of the boarding passes on the page in the template?

thanks SO much!!

here is a pic of mine that have the image on them...wedding invitations.JPG

#2 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:10 AM

Maybe make a full page watermark with the three images?

#3 janette34

janette34
      • 417 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:08 PM

I took the text boxes out, put my pictures in and then added the text boxes where I needed them.

#4 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
        • 71 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:11 PM

thanks guys, I got it figured out! Like Janette34 suggested, I removed the text box, adding the the image, then re-inserting the text box with the "bring forward" option so the text shows over the image.

Thanks so much!

Moderators, you can remove this thread if you'd like.

thanks!

#5 jillbu11

jillbu11
          • 48 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hey

I love you invites.  I am not crafty at all but I want to try to make these myself...so far I have a template.  I can get the typing down...just wondering of you can let me know how and where people get the images and backgrounds? And how to get them on there?

Thanks so much!

#6 janette34

janette34
            • 417 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

To get the images just go to goggle and type in what you're looking for and then click images.  Not all are free but once you start looking you'll find things that will work.  Sometimes you need to be really specific to get good ones.  All do a general search on free vectors I have found some really good sites that have great images (sorry can't remember them now).  Once you find images you like save to a location so you now where to find them later. 

#7 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
              • 71 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

Jillbu:  I found the starfish and palm tree super easy.  I just went to google and clicked on images and typed in "starfish" and then "palm tree".  These simple images came up and worked great for my invites.

#8 jillbu11

jillbu11
                • 48 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Thanks so much for the info!!!  What kind of computer programs did you guys use??? I'm only working with Microsoft word...maybe that's why I am having such difficulty...

#9 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
                  • 71 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

I only used MS Word as well.  I used the boarding pass template people have posted on these forums (it is a blank template with 3 on a page) then added the background images and typed in text boxes over the images.  That is it!  Just mess around with the colors to get a look you like.  I printed mine on sand colored cardstock at Kinkos for $0.53 cents per page, so I got 3 invites for 53 cents!  Then used their paper cutter to cut the straight lines and a rounded edge punch I borrowed from a friend who does scrapbooking and stamping to do the edges/corners.  Voila!

Got about 90 invites/announcements all done for about $25-30 including the cost of the cardstock!

Now on a mission to get envelopes.

Originally Posted by jillbu11 

Thanks so much for the info!!!  What kind of computer programs did you guys use??? I'm only working with Microsoft word...maybe that's why I am having such difficulty...

#10 jillbu11

jillbu11
                    • 48 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

Thanks sooo much for your help!!!! Now that I got the image part down...I am having trouble typing over them, when I insert the textbox you cant see the image anymore.    Please help again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users