Photo

Palace Resorts Preferred DJ

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 shelbs97

shelbs97
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

I didn't have to press for it.  I asked my WC, she said no, so then I went to her boss.  It took me about 48 hours to get it approved.

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

I pressed my Miami WC for this exact exemption multiple times, and every time she shot me down.  She actually replied, "for the final time, we can not add that wording to our contract.  The only outside vendor you may be able to use is a photographer, and you would have to purchase a room or a daypass for them to enter the resort". 

No luck for me on getting it added.  Im not really concerned.  Our DJ and photographer are both 'guests' of our anyway.  I would have like the options of using a different furniture company than Zuniga Decor Cancun, but oh well.  I guess I could always work on my onsite WC, maybe she will allow more. 

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#22 shan0487

shan0487
    • 1,393 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
    • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

How did you get in contact with the WC's boss?

Originally Posted by shelbs97 

I didn't have to press for it.  I asked my WC, she said no, so then I went to her boss.  It took me about 48 hours to get it approved.

#23 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
    • Site Supporter
    • 261 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

This is the one issue (so far) that drives me nuts about Palace Resorts.  They seem to have no real set policy in place when it comes to anything and everything.  On one hand, it may be good that everything is negotiable, however, it does provide a nuisance that everyone you speak to has a different take on how, when and why things can be done.  Other than the absurdly slow email response time (which I find absurd), this is the biggest issue with Palace Resorts.

#24 shelbs97

shelbs97
      • 85 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

LOL, another bride on here gave me the info.  That's why this is a great website.  I'll PM you.

Originally Posted by shan0487 

How did you get in contact with the WC's boss?

#25 shan0487

shan0487
        • 1,393 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
        • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

thanks so much shelbs97!!!! :)

Originally Posted by shelbs97 

LOL, another bride on here gave me the info.  That's why this is a great website.  I'll PM you.

#26 jasonandjessica

jasonandjessica
        • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by adales 

I checked with my WC at Aventura and she said that we have to use their preferred DJ.  So I booked J&S and they have been very accommodating so far.

what you could do is bring in a dj as a day guest.  thats what im doing.

#27 amh777

amh777
          • 117 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Shelbs, so they are still charging you an outside vendor fee for your DJ, right? Is it $250 or $500? I think I have read it here somewhere but not sure...

#28 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
            • Site Supporter
            • 261 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

I wouldn't pay MP an outside vendor fee.  Just tell your WC one of your guests is going to DJ, and then pay for a day pass.  That is all that is needed.

Originally Posted by amh777 

Shelbs, so they are still charging you an outside vendor fee for your DJ, right? Is it $250 or $500? I think I have read it here somewhere but not sure...

#29 amh777

amh777
              • 117 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by mpweddingplan 

I wouldn't pay MP an outside vendor fee.  Just tell your WC one of your guests is going to DJ, and then pay for a day pass.  That is all that is needed.

yeah, but they are going to have to set up all their equipment, so I dont think that will work :(

#30 shelbs97

shelbs97
                • 85 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

An outside vendor fee?????  Nope, never even HEARD of it!

Originally Posted by amh777 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users