Photo

Palace Resorts Preferred DJ

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 shelbs97

shelbs97
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:52 PM

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up - if you're having or thinking of having a Palace Resorts wedding, their preferred DJ is VERY expensive.  Much more than the other DJ's who brides on this site rave about.  I'm using DJ Mannia for $900 for 4 hours and their DJ, J&S Audio Visual is $1500 for the same thing.
    Just beware that you should try to get permission to use outside vendors at the very beginning of your booking process.

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#2 adales

adales
    • Site Supporter
    • 545 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I have noticed that they are very pricey.

#3 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
      • 299 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

Thanks Good to know!

#4 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
        • 2,136 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm a 12' Bride and have been in contact with DJ Mannia.  Thanks again

#5 shelbs97

shelbs97
          • 85 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:10 AM

After doing a lot of research, ALL of their "preferred" vendors are very expensive.  The decor company they wanted me to use is DOUBLE, yes DOUBLE THE PRICE of everyone else!  Beware!

#6 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

Thank you for the info!

#7 adales

adales
            • Site Supporter
            • 545 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

I checked with my WC at Aventura and she said that we have to use their preferred DJ.  So I booked J&S and they have been very accommodating so far.

#8 shelbs97

shelbs97
              • 85 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by adales 

I checked with my WC at Aventura and she said that we have to use their preferred DJ.  So I booked J&S and they have been very accommodating so far.

Your WC is lying to you.  You don't HAVE to use any of their preferred vendors.  If they can get you to use them, they make more money, because they get a kick back.  I had it specifically written into my contract that I could use whoever I wanted.

#9 adales

adales
                • Site Supporter
                • 545 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

Well it was written in my contract that they are no outside vendors allowed.  So, apparently things can differ between the palace resorts.

Originally Posted by shelbs97 

Quote:

Your WC is lying to you.  You don't HAVE to use any of their preferred vendors.  If they can get you to use them, they make more money, because they get a kick back.  I had it specifically written into my contract that I could use whoever I wanted.

#10 shelbs97

shelbs97
                  • 85 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

Nope, it's the same for all the Palace Resorts.  Tt was written in my contact that there are no outside vendors allowed too.  You have to request that you contracts states you can use whoever you want.  That's how they take advantage of brides unfortunately.  I personally think Palace Resorts does a TERRIBLE job with their weddings. I've been working with them for 9 months and I don't know how they stay in business.
                    A few other brides on here gave the huge heads up to get outside vendor clause in the contract or you end up spending a lot more money.  You can obviously use theirs, just trying to help brides who don't want to get ripped off.

Well it was written in my contract that they are no outside vendors allowed.  So, apparently things can differ between the palace resorts.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by shelbs97 

Quote:

Back to Riviera Maya and Cancun Wedding Vendors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users