#1 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
  • 550 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 23, 2007
  • Wedding Location:RIU Cabo
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:56 PM

Hello RIU Brides,

Just wanted to let everybody know that I finally heard from Adriana, the new WC at the RIU. I had been emailing them, and had my TA and Tammy (Thanks Tammy) talk to them too... Anyway, I called down there on Thursday afternoon, and spoke with somebody who listen to me ramble for about 20 minutes, only to tell me that Adriana wasn't available, but she would call me back. Friday night around 9:30 Eastern, our phone rang and it was Adriana. She apologized for the delay in answering my emails, (apparently, they came across with nothing on them), she answered my questions over the phone, and I also asked for an email reply with all my answers. Before we hung up, I had an email from her. She sent me updated pricing (for the firepit, appetizers, and all the "stuff") and also sent me some photos of the RIU setups - most of which have been posted on here.

Anyway, I really think that she is going to be great, she seems to be right now anyway. So if you are waiting for a reply, give it a day or send it again.

And I found out, there is 1 other wedding on my day - their wedding is at 4PM, and mine is set for 6. I really wanted to be the only bride, but............
Stephanie & Jason ~ RIU Palace ~ Cabo San Lucas
June 23, 2007
Visit our wedding slideshow Stephanie & Jason
Photography by Jose "Pepe" Lima

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:57 PM

stephanie, i am so glad they are responding to you! great job being persistent!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:58 PM

That's a bummer that you're not the only wedding, but I am glad you finally have a WC that is attentive to your needs. Good luck!

#4 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:54 PM

Stephanie, good to hear that they got back to you, what a relief that must be. At least you are the last wedding, you dont have to worry about being rushed out of anywhere because theres another wedding behind you anyway.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#5 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
      • 550 posts
      • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Ryjaxs19
      Stephanie, good to hear that they got back to you, what a relief that must be. At least you are the last wedding, you dont have to worry about being rushed out of anywhere because theres another wedding behind you anyway.
      Great point about the other wedding.... I was just telling Jay's dad - and he said - maybe they'll be cool, and it'll be fun.... :-) Sweet guy trying to relax me and what not.
      June 23, 2007

#6 Jackie

Jackie
      • 2,290 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:19 PM

Yah, I went to a wedding a couple of years ago at this really buetiful and expensive old house/Inn on the Cape, and the Bride/Groom and all of us guests were being rushed out of there an hour earlier than when the wedding reception was supposed to end, because the Inn had another wedding booked for that day and they wanted to clean and get ready for the next one. It was horrible.
        My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#7 Lindsey16

Lindsey16
        • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

you are lucky you have heard back from her. I have yet to hear anything but i am keeping my figures crossed. Have you gone into much wedding details with her yet
          Lindsey

#8 RAENJAY

RAENJAY
          • 550 posts
          • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lindsey16
          you are lucky you have heard back from her. I have yet to hear anything but i am keeping my figures crossed. Have you gone into much wedding details with her yet
          NOt much other than for location and things like that. From what I've heard, you don't get to "pick" much until you are much closer to your date and/or you arrive.... Try emailing her again, I emailed a few times, and then finally called.
          June 23, 2007

#9 aimee

aimee
          • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

I just submitted my request for my wedding date today. I guess I won't be getting a response any time soon? I'm really excited to start my planning...

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:49 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by riubride
            I just submitted my request for my wedding date today. I guess I won't be getting a response any time soon? I'm really excited to start my planning...
            so they have not responded to your request? do you know if you have any dates available? if they do not get back to you by friday, have your TA give them a call to nudge them along.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users