Letter with STD?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kjgoheen

kjgoheen
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hi ladies,
    I'm just in the midst of drafting a letter to go with my STD's and I'm kind of lost for words...
    How much or little information is normal to include?
    Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Kelly :)

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

I don't have mine handy, but it basically said we hope you can join us, in order for you to make an informed decision please visit our website for all the details. Because of the nature of our DW our WC requires a final count by x date. Please call/email us with any questions. Those who rsvp on the website will receive a formal invite early next year.

It sounded really nice, I'm rushing here. I think there was more mushy we're in love kind of stuff in it, but that was the essence of it :o)

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:41 PM

This is what I did for mine ... just a postcard. Sent them out in May -- 11 months prior. Directed them to the website for all detailed information.

Click the image to open in full size.

#4 royfa

royfa
        • 2,201 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by foxytv
          This is what I did for mine ... just a postcard. Sent them out in May -- 11 months prior. Directed them to the website for all detailed information.

Click the image to open in full size.
          I like what you did Tami!
          Fannie & Pierre

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by royfa
            I like what you did Tami!
            Thanks! I was new to the DIY stuff, but this was really easy to do! Everyone really liked it!

#6 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
            • 679 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

This is the wording that we used for our STD letter. We put it on DIY stationary that had a watermark of one of our engagement pictures. It said the file was too big to attach. I hope this helps.

We have begun an exciting journey. Some people are never lucky enough to find that special person who they are meant to spend their life with…their soul mate. We have been very lucky and invite you to join us as we celebrate the beginning of our new life together.

We have made our plans to marry on the anniversary of our first date, Saturday July 12th, 2008 in Jamaica at Riu Ocho Rios. Having our family and friends join us will make our day even more special. Time passes quickly, and we want to allow plenty of time for you to plan and make necessary arrangements. Specific travel and resort information can be found on our website at Brittney and Peter Wedding WebSite. The password is Jamaica.

We'll be sending a formal invitation later and understand an RSVP at this point would be tentative. However, due to the planning involved with a destination wedding, knowing the potential number of guests hoping to attend would be helpful. We want this to be an enjoyable trip for everyone. Please contact us via our website to let us know the likelihood of you joining us in Jamaica.

We realize that everyone will not be able to join us, so we are planning to have an informal reception in Atlanta after returning home from Jamaica. Details will be available at a later date.

Thank you for being part of our lives and for helping us to plan our special day!

Brittney & Peter
              July 12, 2008
              Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#7 royfa

royfa
              • 2,201 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by foxytv
                Thanks! I was new to the DIY stuff, but this was really easy to do! Everyone really liked it!
                I have to do mine soon! I think I'll go with something like that.. What do you think?

http://www.destinati....at=STDCasEnsDD
                Fannie & Pierre

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by royfa
                  I have to do mine soon! I think I'll go with something like that.. What do you think?

http://www.destinati....at=STDCasEnsDD
                  That link isn't working for me...

#9 ajncooter

ajncooter
                  • 983 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

pm me your email and i will send you mine..

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                    • 11,793 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by kjgoheen
                      Hi ladies,
                      I'm just in the midst of drafting a letter to go with my STD's and I'm kind of lost for words...
                      How much or little information is normal to include?
                      Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Kelly :)

i have a good one too - PM me your email and i will send to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users