onboard hair/make-up

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ariesgrl

• 45 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hello, I am trying to get some feedback from past cruisers that may have used the spa service on their ship!  I am planning my wedding on the 7day mexican riviera Feb 2011 and I am having a hard time making a decision on if I should take the chance using the spa service that the ship provides.  I am having my wedding In Puerto Vallarta so I have time to use a local service when I get there, the only problem is, if it doesnt turn out, I am SOL..I figured when I arrive on the ship on Sunday, I can go straight to the spa service and do a "trial"run.  If all turns out well then I can use them the day of my wedding.  Obviously this makes more sense but I dont know how well their services are.  Has anyone used the spa services before?  If so, how was your experience and were you satisfied?

Thanks for the help :)

#2 acireta

• Site Supporter
    • 750 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

i have been trolling these destination/cruise wedding boards, and one thing i have NOT once seen is that someone was disappointed in their hair done by the spa. everyone has had nothing but good things to say.

i think you have a great plan to do a trial run with the spa. maybe you could do the trial run on the first formal night and look great for dinner!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#3 acireta

• Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:53 AM

by trolling i meant scouring, poor word choice 

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#4 murmel

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,406 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

I was a bridesmaid for a girlfriend's wedding last year on a Princess cruise. We never did a trial run, and the salon did a fabulous job on our hair.  I would not hesitate to go that way, and then you don't have to worry about finding someone at the port. Here's a photo of my hair, sorry it's not a great shot. It was really windy, so I asked for a low bun slightly off to the side. I think it came out really well, and it held!PB176913.JPGPB176938a.jpgHere's the bride's hair. Keep in mind her hair is barely chin length, and they made it look like it was a mile long the way the hair stylist wrapped each piece.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

#5 Barkles

• 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

good to know about the hair.  I am doing my own makeup

#6 KimP55

• 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

for my friends sister wedding on Carnival destiny last year the on board spa did the hair for the bridesmaids as well, the bride took her own make up person with her. but the spa did a fabulous job!

#7 MelloJess83

• 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:53 PM

Good to know, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users