Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Hello Ladies,

 

Initially I designed a boarding pass style invite - thinking that it would be the STD.

 

As I worked on it, the more I liked it.  This made me wonder if I needed to send two seperate invites out if I had the wedding details by the time it came to send it out.

 

 

I would certainly send out an brochure type notice about a month before with any sort of itinery and details plus the website and emails would keep them updated.  What are your thoughts?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ha ha! I think that's very reasonable, I wanted to just send postcard STD's out and not do formal invites because the website has all the info for the wedding and location. My fiance wanted the formal invites sent though, so we are still doing them (only for the guests who are booked to go though).

 

I knew a couple who just emailed all their guests a STD and only did formals for a a few.

 

Just do what you want I say :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we're not doing a STD, we're sending out invites one year in advance and then some sort of little reminder postcard when it comes close to booking deadlines. a bit reversed from usual!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think you have to, but it is nice to give your guests a heads up far in advance. I sent my STD's (a postcard and magnet from Vistaprint) about 9 months before the wedding. It had the website for the wedding website I created so guests could get some info on pricing and whatnot far in advance. Then I plan on sending the invite about 4 months prior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing! Thanks Acireta, I know i'm not the only crazy one.  :)
 

Originally Posted by acireta View Post

we're not doing a STD, we're sending out invites one year in advance and then some sort of little reminder postcard when it comes close to booking deadlines. a bit reversed from usual!



 

This is so true.  Because we're going somewhere, most people are comfortable enough to just call and ask for info, or go check on the website.
 

Originally Posted by karyan View Post

ha ha! I think that's very reasonable, I wanted to just send postcard STD's out and not do formal invites because the website has all the info for the wedding and location. My fiance wanted the formal invites sent though, so we are still doing them (only for the guests who are booked to go though).

 

I knew a couple who just emailed all their guests a STD and only did formals for a a few.

 

Just do what you want I say :)



 


The magnet is a great idea to! I actually just ordered some from Vistaprint today.

 

Originally Posted by Spazdoodles View Post

I don't think you have to, but it is nice to give your guests a heads up far in advance. I sent my STD's (a postcard and magnet from Vistaprint) about 9 months before the wedding. It had the website for the wedding website I created so guests could get some info on pricing and whatnot far in advance. Then I plan on sending the invite about 4 months prior.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking of cutting out the STD as well but my fiance was concerned about the procrastinators of the group not booking and needing a reminder closer to the date...a reminder post card would be a really good solution to that.  I also think though that the people who are really important for us to have there ducks in a row and would be all booked long in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be sending boarding pass STD's approx 1 year ahead and the passport invites approx 6 months ahead. Purely because i know our friends are more last minute people and need gentle reminders to move along

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sent out electronic STDs about 7 months out and "airplane ticket" invitations about 4 months out. One of the things I love about DW is that they are less formal so you have more flexibility to do what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×