Brandy

Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

Brandy thank you SO much!

Do you know if they allow you to pick a restaurant to have the "reception" dinner at?

I think what we are going to do is, the 1/2 hr cocktail reception right after the wedding, and then go take some pictures and have everyone meet up at the restaurant for the dinner.

I keep hearing that the 1/2 hr cocktail reception is when you do your toasts, cake cutting, 1st dances, etc...is that enough time?? And do you get to pick where the cocktail reception is?

Originally Posted by Brandy View Post

Jess

I do know that it shouldnt be an issue with your guest count, we had a welcome dinner at Marios (the italian rest.) and I had 22 guests and they were able to accomadate us perfectly, I actually orginally wanted to have it outside which they were also fine with but it was really humid that day so they moved us inside with no issues at all!

It is enough time to do it all, also they can extend it for u. I think my 1/2 hour actually was an hour because nobody was getting  married right after me. Also my friend had a cocktail hour and hers was strictly 1/2 hour, cause they had people getting married right after them. I guess it is just luck of the draw. 

Also they usually have certain spots for your cocktail hour, but you might be able to ask for a different spot, depends on ur onsite WC.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted by beachbride0519 View Post

Brandy thank you SO much!

Do you know if they allow you to pick a restaurant to have the "reception" dinner at?

I think what we are going to do is, the 1/2 hr cocktail reception right after the wedding, and then go take some pictures and have everyone meet up at the restaurant for the dinner.

I keep hearing that the 1/2 hr cocktail reception is when you do your toasts, cake cutting, 1st dances, etc...is that enough time?? And do you get to pick where the cocktail reception is?

Welcome Christina!! I def suggest a travel agent they make things so much easier and you get ALOT of perks that Beaches doesn't make you aware of if you go it alone. It doesn't cost you any extra to go through an agent. The agency I am using is phenomenal and are Certified Beaches/Sandals Experts. 

Originally Posted by Lilone0800 go_quote.gif

Hi,my name is Christina and I and new to this pages... I've been researching the beaches in Turks and heard nothing but good things about it. Do you ladies suggest me finding a locate travel agent or calling beaches directly? Thanks 

Thank you too Kat!!

It is enough time to do it all, also they can extend it for u. I think my 1/2 hour actually was an hour because nobody was getting  married right after me. Also my friend had a cocktail hour and hers was strictly 1/2 hour, cause they had people getting married right after them. I guess it is just luck of the draw. 

Also they usually have certain spots for your cocktail hour, but you might be able to ask for a different spot, depends on ur onsite WC.

Good Luck!

Jess,

Yes you can pick any resturaunt you want, you can pick that when you get there and have your meeting with the onsite WC and she will make the reservation for you, the only one you will probably have an issue with is the japenese steakhouse, because their reservations are usually like 3 and 4 days out, so unless your there a few days before the wedding, you more than likely cant get into that one, but with a large party like that I dont think you could all sit together there anyways,  we all really enjoyed the italian place and it had great scenery as well, schooners is also nice and right near the ocean, so it really depends on what scenery you are looking for as well, and type of food too course!

Brandy thank you again!! You have been such a huge help!! I have been going through every page of this forum reading about Beaches...last night we assembled our MIB invites, they turned out amazing!! Since it was such a long project my fiancé and I got to really sit down and chat about the wedding and we may do the private reception....still not positive, it's going to depend on where our budget comes in but I really want to do a private location to make our guests feel special. I wish I could post pics to show all you girls my things..:slowly but surely Im getting my posts up! I shouldn't have been a lurker for so long! Lol

Jess,

Yes you can pick any resturaunt you want, you can pick that when you get there and have your meeting with the onsite WC and she will make the reservation for you, the only one you will probably have an issue with is the japenese steakhouse, because their reservations are usually like 3 and 4 days out, so unless your there a few days before the wedding, you more than likely cant get into that one, but with a large party like that I dont think you could all sit together there anyways,  we all really enjoyed the italian place and it had great scenery as well, schooners is also nice and right near the ocean, so it really depends on what scenery you are looking for as well, and type of food too course!

You should be able to post your pics here, even wen your post count is 1 :D Just saying..

Originally Posted by beachbride0519 View Post

Brandy thank you again!! You have been such a huge help!! I have been going through every page of this forum reading about Beaches...last night we assembled our MIB invites, they turned out amazing!! Since it was such a long project my fiancé and I got to really sit down and chat about the wedding and we may do the private reception....still not positive, it's going to depend on where our budget comes in but I really want to do a private location to make our guests feel special.
I wish I could post pics to show all you girls my things..:slowly but surely Im getting my posts up! I shouldn't have been a lurker for so long! Lol

Your Welcome! I would love to see your invites!!  Another option too is you could just do a private cocktail hour then move to dinner at one of the restaurants...

and yes you should be able to pick where you want to have your cocktail hour, you could do that just have some snacks and drinks, do your cake cutting and dance, take your photos, or you could have the wedding then do photos, then cocktail hour, then move the restaurant of your choice and go to one of the bars after wards, which is what we did, we chose one that had a DJ and we danced the night away after that!  That way your not paying for any DJ or ipod set up either.