Newbie / Potential EDR bride.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Evangeline

• Site Supporter
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hello all! I am new to the site, as well as the world of destination wedding planning in general. I had originally wanted a RM wedding, but the FH wanted a huge grandiose wedding in Minnesota. I had the whole thing planned, including chapel, hotel, dress... the whole works. Two weeks ago he called me and more or less said that he had finally come to his senses and we're heading South of the border! I think that I am decided on EDR for the wedding. I have been wading my way through some forum postings and such trying to make sure that it is everything I want it to be.

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all in advance for the endless information and advice I will sponging off you in the future 

#2 KarismaResorts

• 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi Evangeline!

My name is Christina and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Karisma Hotels & Resorts. We hope you will choose to have your wedding with us!

Here are some helpful links with info and please reach out if I can help you with anything else.

Check out all the wedding info and browse weddings at each of our resorts here: http://www.karismahotels.com/special/usa-bride-and-groom-stay-free/Groups%20%2526%20Weddings

Currently, we offer a great  'Bride & Groom stay free' special along with great group discounts. Our wedding grid for promos and details are here: http://www.karismahotels.com/travel-agents/downloads/Wedding%20Grid_FRONT.pdf

If you have specific questions or would like more insight on weddings at El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels, please contact weddings@karismahotels.com or call 011-52-998-881-9400

#3 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
      • Vendor
      • 323 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

Hi Evangeline

Welcome to the forum and above all, congratulations for your engagement!

It is great that finally you are having your wedding on the Riviera Maya!!!

The best thing about this area is that you can get everything you dream, going from the simplest things, up to the most elaborated... wedding! 

To check out various resorts, a good place to go is the hotel review section on tripadvisor.com and the venue reviews here.  TA will not offer many wedding reviews, but the list is probably more extensive and you can come back here to learn more about wedding experiences. I would suggest using both resources. Let us know if you need any addional help!

Your wedding is going to be full of magic and this website will help you a lot!

We wish you the best.

Happy planning.

#4 CanadianLindsey

• 284 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

I hope you didn't lose deposits in changing your plans, but HORRAY for getting to have your destination wedding after all!  Did you have to change your date too?  I am getting married at EDR in 10 days so if I can do anything to help, msg me!

#5 ArrecifeStudio

• 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Congratulations!! Hope all the planning goes smoothly, as i'm sure it will :) Best wishes!!

#6 shan0487

• 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

Lindsey:  HOw was your wedding at EDR that is one of the resorts I am looking at!

#7 CanadianLindsey

• 284 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:48 PM

Sorry I didn't see your post until now!  Our wedding at EDR was amazing, we still can't stop talking about it with our friends and family that came!  I highly recommend it for a wedding, beautiful ceremony locations and your guests are treated like royalty!!  I posted a review on EDR too if you want to see the whole story.

Originally Posted by shan0487 

Lindsey:  HOw was your wedding at EDR that is one of the resorts I am looking at!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users