Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Hello girls!!! I am still on my honeymoon! Can't wait to come back and write my review and share pics with all of you! Wedding was perfect! Best moment ever! Hair and makeup was excellent as well as DJ... Only thing I am not happy about is that Lianny used fake orchids for my centerpieces after I paid $55 per each!!!! Oh well but even with fake flowers they looked so pretty! I will be back on Sunday! :)

Disazaja!! Congrats on becoming a Mrs!!! So looking forward to your review enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!!!

Okay so whats the deal for the rehearsal dinner because this is the first I am hearing about the additional cost after the first 20 people. What a fkn surprise?! We planned on the hibachi restaurant but we have nearly doubled in size so we wont fit at the hibachi tables so we need to find another option. What is Ibiza 1 and 2? Is that the same as the steakhouse and was that one free or does the same fee apply? I am going to reach out to Susana because I thought that we can make reservations for a big group at any of the restaurants for free and the only time we get charged is if we wanted a seperate private area? Anyone know who the bride was that had her rehearsal dinner at ibiza for free?

For the DJ I swear it such a scam, so DJ Mannia charges $990 for the 4 hours with an MC the resort charges us $1300 for the same services but for only 3 hours even though his package is for 4 hours. Then the resort charges us an additional $12 pp for the extra hour on top of a $200 and something dollar fee for the DJ's additional hour even though his package already includes it. I am sure they will change the policy going forward for all the 2014 brides because as of now there is a loop whole that Susana didnt seem happy about since the resort is loosing money.

BBPD current DJ package is Basic DJ $ 708usd for 3 hours or Full DJ with MC, 2 mobile lights and 2 cold fires $1300usd for 3 hours and they use DJ Mannia.

Just so you guys get a feel for my frustration these centerpieces were $30 4 months ago when I spoke to her now, they are $50!

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Sorry for the multiple posts guys but can someone please send me the 2013 spa prices please? [email protected]

Parrish: When I did my site visit Jeanna did say that the bridal salon wasnt available for all the bridesmaids to get ready at. Something about it being too noisy for others using the spa that they dont allow for it since its all in the same place. What did she quote you for the use of the bridal salon?

Miss Jalli: If I recall correctly you said you actually called the WC at the resort and spoke to someone at some point? Did you just call the main # and ask to be transferred? I am so nervous now about the financial aspect of this wedding. We arent going with an unlimited amount of resourse and with the prices changing I feel like I need to reconfirm EVERYTHING so there arent any huge finanical surprises when I get there that I wont be able to afford to pay for. Feeling super stressed about this ugh!

Not sure if I said it before but I couldnt have planned this wedding without this forum! Thank you all for being there and listening to all my b*tching and complaining along the way LOL =)

Originally Posted by trivera5521 View Post

Sorry for the multiple posts guys but can someone please send me the 2013 spa prices please? [email protected]

Parrish: When I did my site visit Jeanna did say that the bridal salon wasnt available for all the bridesmaids to get ready at. Something about it being too noisy for others using the spa that they dont allow for it since its all in the same place. What did she quote you for the use of the bridal salon?

Miss Jalli: If I recall correctly you said you actually called the WC at the resort and spoke to someone at some point? Did you just call the main # and ask to be transferred? I am so nervous now about the financial aspect of this wedding. We arent going with an unlimited amount of resourse and with the prices changing I feel like I need to reconfirm EVERYTHING so there arent any huge finanical surprises when I get there that I wont be able to afford to pay for. Feeling super stressed about this ugh!

Not sure if I said it before but I couldnt have planned this wedding without this forum! Thank you all for being there and listening to all my b*tching and complaining along the way LOL =)

Tamara, I have not called directly to speak with Susana YET! I do however recommend that you call and be transferred to Susana and speak to her nicely in Spanish. Here's the number I have 809-686-5797, When i go in May, I need to have a list of things I need to ask her and get it in writing. Screw that. I know exactly what you mean! the budget just keeps increasing and we're not rich! we're the typical young couple just starting out!! 

Originally Posted by trivera5521 View Post

Disazaja!! Congrats on becoming a Mrs!!! So looking forward to your review enjoy the rest of your honeymoon!!!

Okay so whats the deal for the rehearsal dinner because this is the first I am hearing about the additional cost after the first 20 people. What a fkn surprise?! We planned on the hibachi restaurant but we have nearly doubled in size so we wont fit at the hibachi tables so we need to find another option. What is Ibiza 1 and 2? Is that the same as the steakhouse and was that one free or does the same fee apply? I am going to reach out to Susana because I thought that we can make reservations for a big group at any of the restaurants for free and the only time we get charged is if we wanted a seperate private area? Anyone know who the bride was that had her rehearsal dinner at ibiza for free?

For the DJ I swear it such a scam, so DJ Mannia charges $990 for the 4 hours with an MC the resort charges us $1300 for the same services but for only 3 hours even though his package is for 4 hours. Then the resort charges us an additional $12 pp for the extra hour on top of a $200 and something dollar fee for the DJ's additional hour even though his package already includes it. I am sure they will change the policy going forward for all the 2014 brides because as of now there is a loop whole that Susana didnt seem happy about since the resort is loosing money.

BBPD current DJ package is Basic DJ $ 708usd for 3 hours or Full DJ with MC, 2 mobile lights and 2 cold fires $1300usd for 3 hours and they use DJ Mannia.

Just so you guys get a feel for my frustration these centerpieces were $30 4 months ago when I spoke to her now, they are $50!

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Tamara, the rehearsal dinner is extra after 20 people if it's a private event like in the ballroom. You will be fine having it in the restaurant. Ibiza 1 & 2 is a private room above the steak house if i'm not mistaken. You can reserve that through Susana like Tdawn did. I plan on doing the same thing. What the heck do you mean they use DJ Mannia?? Ugh i think i'm delegating "gifts". I will tell my FI to ask his parents to take care of the dj for us since my parents are taking care of the photography. Tamara, do you help with the centerpieces?? Please don't spend $30 per table when you don't have to!!! I can help!

Aww thanks babes thats nice of you to offer, what are you doing for centerpieces?! I mean $30 per table was do-able but $50 "she done lost her mind" LOL!

And just as an FYI even if we have things in writing because I did, they are legally covered since their contract and all their marketing pieces that have prices say, "Prices subject to change without notice". Grrrr!

Originally Posted by DrVic View Post

Hello ladies, just wanted to introduce myself, I decided to get married at BBPD after staying there this past december. I've been looking at other threads for other hotels and it seems as if the same issues recur with hidden costs and delays in communication, hoping all works out in the end. Next step deciding on a date for August 2014. How did you decide on your wedding date?

hi welcome! Congratulations! 

We chose our date just based on friends and family being out of school (we wanted kids to be allowed and thats why we chose this resort), having about a year of engagement (got engaged last April) and then i picked the actual date of June 20th because it was West Virginia day, my home state! :) Plus its a thursday so I knew it would be easier to get the BAr H as my reception location, and we will all be there for seven nights so having it closer to the end, but not the night before we left sounded good to me! 

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

beachcenter4.jpgHere's what I have in mind as the centerpieces. I know the fishbowls can be found at Michael's for like $2 each, the sand is FREE lol it's DR, the seashells I can get online and the candle too. I'm thinking like $20 for each centerpiece

OMG! I love it so much and its so practical!!!! Can I steal your idea haha