Sign in to follow this  
CynSan

Clueless in Cabo

Hi all,

I am hopefully getting married at Dream Cabo 11-12-11. I wired a down payment last week, but still have not received confirmation from Yarai. Either way, I am confused as to how it works with the packages. I have selected the Love package. My question is are the included items (cake, flowers, hair and makeup and photography) provided by Dreams resort personell, or is it outsourced. If Dreams staff provide the service, I would like to know if anyone has used them and if they were pleased. If it is outsourced I would love to get info on vendors, I am sure there are plenty of links on this site and would really appriciate if someone could send me the link. I just dont know where to start or what to research. I have not heard much from Yarai, probably because my wedding is so far out. I really thank you guys for any help you can give. This site is such a god send.

Hi CynSan!!

Congrats!!

One of the most difficult things to do, is select the wedding location. I'm sure Yarai will confirm the deposit soon.

Dreams is great place for weddings and the wedding planners are very responsable.

Fortunately I had work with them in other weddings when couples wants to have an additional help the wedding day and during all the process, to select vendors, etc... First is important you know what does your package includes and if you have ANY question about it... is important that you know exactly what are you paying for... after that comes the items, touches and details that you would like to add for your Wedding. Never is too soon to start with the details for your Big Day.  msnwink.gif

All the best!!

And If you need anything, please feel comfortable to let me know my email is: weddings@ayunikevent.com

Rebecca

Hi CynSan,

Congrats!!! The most difficult thing is select the wedding location. Iâ€m sure Yarai is going to confirm your deposit soon. Dreams is a great place to celebrate your wedding.

Fortunately I had work there too when some couples wants to have help with their wedding day or during the process. First is important that you know what does your wedding package includes and if you have ANY question about it…. After that comes the vendors selection, items and all the details that you want to have for your Special Day.

Never is too soon to start with the details for your Big Day.

All the best!!! If you need anything please feel comfortable to let me know.

Best regards,

Rebecca 

Congratulations on your wedding.  We are looking at getting married in Cabo on the exact same day, though it sounds as though you are far ahead of me in the planning department!  We seem to be stuck on venue and photographer at the moment.

I was just married at Dreams Cabo on October 10th... but I arranged the vendors I was using myself/with help from mariana so didn't use the package really.

I think they have some preferred vendors that they use. The cake I believe they do in house, we had an external vendor but then after the wedding I wanted the leftover cake to be sent to our room but they way it was cut it sort of didn't work so they felt bad and sent us a whole new cake which is one of the flavours Dreams offers I believe. It was ok but to be honest I much much preferred the one we had for our wedding.

You can just ask them what vendors they use and then do some research on the forum to see what people have to say. I think, but I'm not 100% that the flower vendor I used, is who Dreams uses and if that's the case, 100% recommend.

I haven't heard great things about the salon services and I went elsewhere and I was really really happy.

They would have a photographer that they always use but I'm not 100% sure who it is, we flew someone in so I never inquired. Definitely someone on here has probably used them though.

My advice would be to send a quick follow up email to your WC, ask her to confirm receipt of your payment, and then just ask for a list of the vendors that they use for your package so you can start researching!

When you are over a year out it seems to take about a week or so to hear back but trust me, even if you planned all of this like 3 weeks before, they do one seriously AMAZING job there and you are in good hands!! Not one single thing went wrong with my wedding, everything was exactly how I had hoped and they have weddings almost daily so they know what they are doing. I worried about stuff throughout the process and it was all for nothing.

Hope this helps a bit! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Thank you SOOOO much for your reply! I was so worried about making the right decision, you really reassured me. Did you sign up for a package when you first started at Dreams? Thanks again

We just had the basic package. It was free. (we made a deposit though which got applied to our total wedding bill at the end). The services of the minister were included in that package which was good.