Jump to content

Photo

Bubba Kegs


  • Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#61 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,748 posts

    Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

    Hey ladies, I made my trip to the US this past week and lucked in big time at walmart with Bubba Mugs!!!!!  I first went in the aisle with the travel mugs and found 2 black 34oz mugs...ok FI and his BM are done.... walked to the end of the row and on the end cap found 2 more.... ok well at least the guys in the wedding party will have them.

     

    Walking past the outdoor dishes etc aisle I thought I would take a peek down and I hit Bubba Keg heaven, a whole centre section dedicated to BUBBAS!!!!!!

     

    I had a lot of trouble deciding but in the end we went with the 34oz kegs for the wedding party (girls and guys) and our parents, for our guests we went with the 18pz tumblers.  They had the larger sizes as well.  unfortunately no 20oz kegs but I figured the tumblers people will be able to use for coffee when they get home too.  

     

    34oz kegs were - $6.22 ad the 18oz tumbler were $4.98 

     

    a note to other brides, the tumblers are designed for hot & cold and the kegs are designed for cold ONLY.... didn't notice this while I was staring at the wall of bubbas for 30 minutes trying to make my decision but FI noticed as soon as I showed him.  Just a thought.  We think they will probably work for hot as well as will probably do a test but just thought I'd share.  They have such fun colours too, different from the bubba keg website.  Here is a photo of the styles I picked up!!!!

     

    IMG_3221.JPG



    #62 Evgal

    Evgal
    • Jr. Member
    • 175 posts

      Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

      That such a great deal and they look great!  Are you planning on personalizing them in any way?  I'm looking for ideas myself.  :)



      #63 torilynnsmith

      torilynnsmith
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,748 posts

        Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:00 PM


        I was thinking I would do the waterproof stickers but I think we will just leave them, I wanted to just put peoples names on them so that they wouldn't get confused but I maybe went a little overboard on my other OOT items so I may need to cut back on printing......

        Originally Posted by Evgal 

        That such a great deal and they look great!  Are you planning on personalizing them in any way?  I'm looking for ideas myself.  :)



         



        #64 torilynnsmith

        torilynnsmith
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,748 posts

          Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

           

          Just thought I would share with everyone that Bubba Kegs are on sale in Canada at Canadian Tire right now for 50% off!!!!


          I just stopped in to check it out and they had ALL the sizes on sale.  For those that haven't made it over the 20oz bubba mug kegs (w/handle) are $5.99, the 16oz "Chugs" I believe they call them are $7.99 the 32oz kegs are $7.99 and the 52oz kegs are $9.99 (these are great for FI and the GM or dads as they are soooooo big it is such a fun thing for down south)

           

          Really great for Canadian prices so if you are looking to get them I would say now is the time.  Also if your Canadian Tire is out go to the service desk and get a rain check!!!!!! Then you can go in an pick them up when they're back in stock and still get the sale price 

           

          The colours are chocolate brown, black, a grey/blue and purple right now.  Also a note, the 20oz kegs some of them have a bottle opener on the bottom of the handle and some don't so if you are trying to keep it consistent check that out too.  No need for it Down south but would be great at a cottage or camping!!!!!

           

          Good luck everyone!!!



          #65 Jnadair

          Jnadair
          • Jr. Member
          • 186 posts

            Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

            Great find!  Your guests will love them!



            #66 torilynnsmith

            torilynnsmith
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,748 posts

              Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

              I actually picked mine up at Walmart in New York, so if you are in the states or planning a trip I would recommend checking them out!  We got 18oz tumblers for under $5 and the 34oz mugs for $6.22



              #67 Laurelyn

              Laurelyn
              • Jr. Member
              • 215 posts

                Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:49 PM



                Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

                 

                Just thought I would share with everyone that Bubba Kegs are on sale in Canada at Canadian Tire right now for 50% off!!!!


                I just stopped in to check it out and they had ALL the sizes on sale.  For those that haven't made it over the 20oz bubba mug kegs (w/handle) are $5.99, the 16oz "Chugs" I believe they call them are $7.99 the 32oz kegs are $7.99 and the 52oz kegs are $9.99 (these are great for FI and the GM or dads as they are soooooo big it is such a fun thing for down south)

                 

                Really great for Canadian prices so if you are looking to get them I would say now is the time.  Also if your Canadian Tire is out go to the service desk and get a rain check!!!!!! Then you can go in an pick them up when they're back in stock and still get the sale price 

                 

                The colours are chocolate brown, black, a grey/blue and purple right now.  Also a note, the 20oz kegs some of them have a bottle opener on the bottom of the handle and some don't so if you are trying to keep it consistent check that out too.  No need for it Down south but would be great at a cottage or camping!!!!!

                 

                Good luck everyone!!!


                Do you like the ones from the states better? We were supposed to go yesterday but got off to a late start and didn't make it.  So now the question is get the ones from Canadian Tire well there on sale or take the chance that walmart will still have them when I make it there. 

                 



                #68 torilynnsmith

                torilynnsmith
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,748 posts

                  Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:59 PM


                  They are both Bubba kegs so that is great, I will share my mental conversation with you and you can make your own decision lol

                   

                  The Walmart ones:

                  -Colours are Black, Turquoise, Green (lime) and Red

                  -prices are really great (but when you add in gas and the possible duty they pretty much even out when on sale at CT)

                  -they do not have the 20oz bubba mugs with handles

                  -tumblers have no handle but can fit in a cup holder

                   

                  The Canadian Tire ones:

                  -colours are brown, grey blue, purple, and black

                  -prices are good on sale, $5.99 for 20oz, $7.99 for 34oz

                  -they had the 18oz tumblers we got (different colours) but they were $7.99 for some reason and they had way less

                  -20oz mugs have a handle but would not fit in any cup holder

                   

                  So that is basically my pros and cons list.  I personally prefer the colours of the walmart ones, they are more tropical and bright (check out my OOT thread for a picture) but the CT ones you could do black for the guys and purple for the ladies and it would work just fine if you aren't picky with colours.  The handles are a nice thing, FI was really wanting handles but when I found the ones at walmart I couldn't pass up the price and colours.  I also like the idea that if we are spending $5+ on a thermal insulated mug that our guests are able to use them again so the tumblers from walmart are nice as they can fit in the cupholder  in the car etc.  Hopefully those details will help you to make a decision that works for you and your group, the $5.99 20oz mugs at CT are definitely nice and I love the idea of the handles to be honest.

                   

                  The nice thing about CT is you could buy them and then return them if you choose to, not sure on their return policy but check that out first.  If you aren't planning to go over the border for anything else I would say go for the CT ones as the gas and duty etc basically equal out the price when they are on sale here!!!!  Good luck and let me know what you decide.... who ever thought we would be so confused about Bubba Mugs lol

                   

                   

                  Originally Posted by Laurelyn 




                  Do you like the ones from the states better? We were supposed to go yesterday but got off to a late start and didn't make it.  So now the question is get the ones from Canadian Tire well there on sale or take the chance that walmart will still have them when I make it there. 

                   



                   



                  #69 torilynnsmith

                  torilynnsmith
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,748 posts

                    Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

                    Sorry Laurelyn, I posted a picture of the Walmart ones above (for colour) I totally forgot!!! Sorry!!!!



                    #70 Samantha88k

                    Samantha88k
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 244 posts

                      Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

                      I can't find these! I have searched the Walmarts in 2 cities and found 1 18oz mug that was grey.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users