Jump to content
cgeris

Photography options at Moon Palace

Recommended Posts

We are getting married at Moon Palace 2/19/11.  We just got in touch with the site wedding coordinator this week! One of the things we need to figure out is photography -- we are not going to bring anyone with us and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the photographers at MP?  What packages did you get? Did the pictures turn out well?

 

We are having an at home reception a few weeks after we get back and are getting a photographer for that -- just curious if we can actually be budget friendly for the cancun photography!

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and Welcome,

 

While I am not getting maried at the Moon Palace I am getting married at their sister resort, Aventura Cove and Spa. In regards to photography. I really think it depends on what you are looking at. The palace resorts photographer seems to be very portait based. Couples standing and smiling. If you like this type of photography and just want some cookie cutter photos to please your parents, this will be more then enough.

 

Personal I feel in love with a Photo Journalism Style. So I opted to go with Del Sol. They are from the area, the owners are Matt and Sol, Matt is from the united states but now lives their with Sol, so the comunication is soooo easy. They were ranked one of the top ten wedding photographers in the WORLD last year. They are rather price but worth every penny.

 

Lucky for you Matt the owner just started a sister company called La Luna, they are about 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost but are amazing.

 

I would defently check them out.

 

Below is the Del Sol Wiki with photos from weddings all over Mexico and the La Luna website.

 

http://www.lalunaphotography.com/ 

 

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wiki/del-sol-photography-slideshows-riviera-maya

 

Gl!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! I will definitely take a look!

 

I'm assuming they are outside vendors...would MP let them take pics on site? Or do you have to go the route of booking them a room for them to be allowed to take photos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No the moon palace would allow them on site. You dont have to book a room but you would have to buy 2 day passes. =)

 

The Moon Palace's Sister Resort La Blanc had Del Sol their photographying a wedding for the Style Channel a few months back. Was pritty cool when they ran the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.. I am also getting married at the Moon Palace Resort in Cancun on 4/30/2011.  They seem to tell people different things because my wedding coordinator told me that I'll have to purchase a room for 1 night, if I decide to bring in my own photographer.    I havent booked my outside photographer a room yet.  I'm going to look more into possibly buying them a day pass.

 

Cgeris - Please let me know what the Moon Palace tells you!

 

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by cgeris View Post

 

Thank you! I will definitely take a look!

 

I'm assuming they are outside vendors...would MP let them take pics on site? Or do you have to go the route of booking them a room for them to be allowed to take photos?

 

Here is what the Carolina Lopez, corporate director of weddings and honeymooons said to me about working at ALL Palace Resorts:

 

Dear Matt,

 

Thank you so much returning to the office to a flooded inbox.  I sincerely apologize for my delayed response. There is an outside vendor fee that applies should a wedding couple hire a local photographer from Mexico, it isnâ€t a problem for your services to be contracted.  We handle every case on a case by case basis when it comes to vendors.  The following reasons are why we must contractually protect ourselves and why we include those clauses in our contracts.

 

-First, couples in the past have hired outside vendors and when the vendor does not hold their part or the couple isnâ€t satisfied with their work we are brought into the legal dispute

-Second, weâ€ve had previous cases where the company who is providing the services has not obtained the correct business documentation nor fulfilled hacienda regulations and Palace has been brought into question for not screening outside vendors properly.

-Third, Palace Resorts is an all-inclusive property bounded by strict regulations every member of the team must purchase a day pass once the resort has screened the vendor.

 

We already have a reputable relationship with you so it would be no problem to have you become one of the approved outside vendors. We are definitely willing to work with you and wanted to provide you with some reasoning as to why we have those clauses.  If you can provide us with the names of the couples I can give the resort the green light to allow the exceptions without a problem.  Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.

 

Kindest Regards,

 

 CAROLINA LOPEZ

Corporate Director of Weddings & Honeymoons

 

what that means?  Umm, 

 

We CAN work there.  There is a fee.  They work on a case by case basis and if they get a contract # from you + your photographer decision, then you can roll without problem, hopefully. 

 

There is an outside vendor fee that applies should a wedding couple hire a local photographer from Mexico, it isnâ€t a problem for your services to be contracted.  We handle every case on a case by case basis when it comes to vendors.

 

My guess (because our contract actually requires that daypasses are also purchased (this would cover food for the photographers on weddings of 5+hrs as well as a "FEE" for bringing in an outside vendor.   I do not believe its necessary for us to stay in the hotel.

 

My advice and one of the easiest ways to roll is to find the vendors they do approve, good luck jumping through hoops to make it happen, but I hear that Yesenia Soler is a great contact, dunno.  

 

Yesenia Soler

Wedding Sales Executive

ysoler@palaceresorts.com

Tel: 877.725.4933 x 6547

Fax: 305.421.1608

 

Good luck planning!

 

matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thank you very much for sharing this information.
 

Originally Posted by Matt Adcock View Post




Here is what the Carolina Lopez, corporate director of weddings and honeymooons said to me about working at ALL Palace Resorts:
 

Dear Matt,
 
Thank you so much returning to the office to a flooded inbox.  I sincerely apologize for my delayed response. There is an outside vendor fee that applies should a wedding couple hire a local photographer from Mexico, it isnâ€t a problem for your services to be contracted.  We handle every case on a case by case basis when it comes to vendors.  The following reasons are why we must contractually protect ourselves and why we include those clauses in our contracts.
 
-First, couples in the past have hired outside vendors and when the vendor does not hold their part or the couple isnâ€t satisfied with their work we are brought into the legal dispute
-Second, weâ€ve had previous cases where the company who is providing the services has not obtained the correct business documentation nor fulfilled hacienda regulations and Palace has been brought into question for not screening outside vendors properly.
-Third, Palace Resorts is an all-inclusive property bounded by strict regulations every member of the team must purchase a day pass once the resort has screened the vendor.
 
We already have a reputable relationship with you so it would be no problem to have you become one of the approved outside vendors. We are definitely willing to work with you and wanted to provide you with some reasoning as to why we have those clauses.  If you can provide us with the names of the couples I can give the resort the green light to allow the exceptions without a problem.  Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns.
 
Kindest Regards,
 
 CAROLINA LOPEZ
Corporate Director of Weddings & Honeymoons

 

what that means?  Umm, 

 

We CAN work there.  There is a fee.  They work on a case by case basis and if they get a contract # from you + your photographer decision, then you can roll without problem, hopefully. 

 

There is an outside vendor fee that applies should a wedding couple hire a local photographer from Mexico, it isnâ€t a problem for your services to be contracted.  We handle every case on a case by case basis when it comes to vendors.

 

My guess (because our contract actually requires that daypasses are also purchased (this would cover food for the photographers on weddings of 5+hrs as well as a "FEE" for bringing in an outside vendor.   I do not believe its necessary for us to stay in the hotel.

 

My advice and one of the easiest ways to roll is to find the vendors they do approve, good luck jumping through hoops to make it happen, but I hear that Yesenia Soler is a great contact, dunno.  

 

Yesenia Soler
Wedding Sales Executive
ysoler@palaceresorts.com
Tel: 877.725.4933 x 6547
Fax: 305.421.1608
 

Good luck planning!

matt



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Matt,

 

Thank you for all of that information! A few questions for you:

 

-How long did it take you to get a response from them regarding them approving you to work at the resort?

-Can I ask what the amount of the fee is?

-I've asked about an approved outside vendor list and they continue to avoid the question.  Very frustrating!

 

I am trying to get a photographer for only a couple of hours (2-3 hours) and it just doesn't make sense to me that they need to have a room booked for that short of a time.  The photography packages they offer on the resort are SO expensive based on the amount of photographs and time you get from them.  Any tips you can give me on what I should specifically ask, request, or be firm with them about would be helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by cgeris View Post

 

Hi Matt,

 

Thank you for all of that information! A few questions for you:

 

-How long did it take you to get a response from them regarding them approving you to work at the resort?

-Can I ask what the amount of the fee is?

-I've asked about an approved outside vendor list and they continue to avoid the question.  Very frustrating!

 

I am trying to get a photographer for only a couple of hours (2-3 hours) and it just doesn't make sense to me that they need to have a room booked for that short of a time.  The photography packages they offer on the resort are SO expensive based on the amount of photographs and time you get from them.  Any tips you can give me on what I should specifically ask, request, or be firm with them about would be helpful!

 

How long to get that response,  4 years.     Seriously, its been a wash because they don't think outside the box.  After our recent celebrity wedding with Trish Suhr at Le Blanc, I finally got in touch with the corporate director of events and asked why they weren't cooperating with our clients, it was just a very bad marketing decision...so, things changed for the good :)

 

The Fee...Not sure, you will have to contact the resort directly, because there are so many Palace resorts and their policies may differ a little.   Getting a room there, very very not necessary for us.

The fee's are likely:  1.   A penalty for not using their magical photo studio, whatever the name of it is.    2.  Daypasses for 2 photographers

 

A list from them...likely doubtful it will ever be published.   1.   They actually have a pretty good business model of doing everytihng IN house or through their vendors, financially it makes more sense for them to do that.    I'm just guessing here, but i'm likely thinking they won't publish a list like this... its only when a vendor with our kind of credentials steps up and sweeps away the nonsense does the ball actually get rolling.

 

If you want to hire del Sol or La luna there, just let us know what your contract number is and we will forward it to them.  NO need to stress or worry any other way about your outside photographer vendor.

 

For all the other outside vendors, I'm very sorry but Palace is likely going to continue to be a tad special.  Just know, ALL the outside vendors we have worked with and recommend, we have seen working along side us when we do weddings in any palace spot... Cool?

 

Good luck!

matt

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • We are Clandestine Events, Wedding Planner & Events Agency located in Barcelona, Spain, one of the most beautyful, modern and cool cities in the world. We can help you to organize your destination wedding in Barcelona, doesn't matter where you come, and whats the style of your wedding. The team of Clandestine Events can design and plan each point of the wedding with the best providers. If you want more infromation contact with us ==> Wedding Destination Barcelona. Cheers!
    • Good afternoon, I wanted to inquire if anyone has or knows someone who got married at this resort. How was it? How are the coordinators? Packages that were chosen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
  • Topics

×