Photo

Please Help on the dress!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jenrick

jenrick
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

I am a plus size bride, HATE clothes shopping, so of course wedding dress shopping is a nightmare!  But.... I LOVE this dress and can not get it out of my mind.  Has anyone seen this dress on a plus size person?  Normally I wear a 18/20 in regular clothes.  I'm hoping that the waist area will be slimming.  Thanks for any help!

Beach Wedding Dresses

#2 Ms.H

Ms.H
    • 169 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:54 PM

The dress is beautiful and I'm sure it will look just as beautiful on you as it does on the model in the picture. If its what you think you want, definitely go and try it on - if you love it on, then get it! Don't worry about what others think!

Good luck!

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

thats a beautiful dress. Try to find it and try it on. I had a dress I loved, but when I tried it on, it was not everything I hoped it would be.  I did get a similiar dress but fancier.

Just be prepared when you go try it on, that the sample size probably will be very very small. I have a good sense of humor so when I tried to wiggle my way into sample size 6 all I could do was laugh as I got stuck, tried to pull down the layers of material. (I am street size 16).

Good luck!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 jenrick

jenrick
        • 163 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:55 AM

Thank you both!  And your right you do have to have a sense of humor because they sure don't have many plus size samples!  I'm going to check around at some bridal shops close by and see if I can find it.  Thanks alot for the boost!

#5 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
          • Banned
          • 2,710 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:59 AM

Ahhh this dress is gorgeous and it looks like it would def be slimming in the waist! Try it on then post pics so we can all see

#6 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
            • 452 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

I agree - that dress is gorgeous!!!  Who is the maker?

I am dreading the dress shopping too as I am also a plus size bride . . .blah

Would love to see pics if you find it!!

#7 taylorwd

taylorwd
              • 932 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

That is a gorgeous dress!!!!  It looks like it could be very flattering.

#8 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
                • Banned
                • 206 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

I tried this dress on.  I'm a 10/12 street size.  There's a band around the middle, inside the dress that creates the shape.  I really liked how it fit but ultimately went with a different dress.  This was definitely my second pick though.

(The designer is Alfred Angelo.)

~~ Lea ~~
                  January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
                  (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#9 BethAnne

BethAnne
                  • 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:17 AM

Ladies.. i am also a plus size bride (size 16/18 but with hourglass figure) and i would highly recommend the Maggie Sottero line.. i swear i was about to give up before coming upon maggie dresses.. it seems every one i tried on looked great. They have clever ruching in the midsection that is very forgiving and makes you look so slim.. plus they come in up to size 28 and they are modern and elegant, and not frumpy ugly like you'd expect from a plus size gown.

I'm officially a maggie bride, and got the call last week that my dress is in! I go in a few weeks for my first fitting.

I got the Rhonda style dress.

Go check them out!!!

#10 murmel

murmel
                    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                    • 1,407 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:07 AM

The dress looks beautiful! It's very hard to imagine yourself in it, until you see it on. I was certain I wanted a specific style....kept trying them on and they didn't look right. Then I tried the complete opposite on and loved it! Good luck with finding the dress, and remember to have fun with it :)

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users