to wear or not to wear...the ring

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hi ladies,

I am wondering what most of you ladies are planning when it comes to traveling with your engagement and wedding band rings.  Are you wearing both to your destination or you carrying them in your carry on luggage? 

I just got my engagement ring professionally cleaned and have not worn it since as I want it to look as sparkly and pristine as my band (it has several diamonds too).  Should I be concerned about bringing their receipts as proof of purchase as well?  at least for our return home?

Comments and recommendations welcomed. Thanks.

#2 Aumuller

Aumuller
    • 365 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

Are you still not planning on wearing your rings on your trip home? If you're wearing your rings it should be no problem.

I hadn't thought of not wearing my  engagement ring to keep it clean. I'll probably wear it anyways, doesn't matter too much to me.

#3 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

You might want to bring both receipts just in case, but I wouldn't worry too much if you are wearing them on your way back. How much time between now and your wedding? I hate having mt ring off even for a few minutes. After all, I always said it was the one thing I would wear always and forever. They are made to be worn and shown off. I wear mine everyday and work in a refinery!

#4 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
        • 323 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

I plan to wear my rings on my way back. I have just learned that since I work in the hospital in a clinic there is now a authority wide hand hygeine policy in effect in which we are no longer allowed to wear any rings except a plain band. My wedding is in less than 1 month. At first when I took my ring off, I felt naked but now not so bad but I still have to remind myself that I am not suppose to have it on now at least if I want to have it looking sparkly. Oh, BTW, I use alot of hand cream and my ring has many grooves and diamonds long the band so cream gets in it easily.

#5 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
          • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

Are you able to wear your rings on a chain around your neck? I keep a soft toothbrush for cleaning my ring. I was also told by my jeweler to soak it for a few minutes in windex and then rinse if it's really full of ick. I guess now you'll have to get an extra band to wear at work?

#6 Teira1031

Teira1031
            • 766 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

I plan on wearing my eying the whole time. I usually get it cleaned every other month tho and will probably get it cleaned right before we leave

#7 JanineA

JanineA
              • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

I will be wearing my e-ring to T&C for our wedding and we are carrying the wedding bands in our carry on luggage. We are going to leave all of those in the safe at home before we go on our honeymoon in Bora Bora. Its one of the reasons we fly back home for one day before heading on our honeymoon, we wanted time to put it in the safe deposit box.

#8 Sallee

Sallee
                • 255 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:01 AM

I will be wearing my Ering and carrying my wedding band in my hand luggage

#9 simplnsweet

simplnsweet
                  • 323 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

thanks for the comments and suggestions. I like the necklace idea. 

#10 Amiep603

Amiep603
                    • 184 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 02:16 PM

ooh this is something i have not thought about!! hhhmmm not sure what ill do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users