Sign in to follow this  
simplnsweet

to wear or not to wear...the ring

Hi ladies,

I am wondering what most of you ladies are planning when it comes to traveling with your engagement and wedding band rings.  Are you wearing both to your destination or you carrying them in your carry on luggage? 

I just got my engagement ring professionally cleaned and have not worn it since as I want it to look as sparkly and pristine as my band (it has several diamonds too).  Should I be concerned about bringing their receipts as proof of purchase as well?  at least for our return home?

Comments and recommendations welcomed. Thanks.

Are you still not planning on wearing your rings on your trip home? If you're wearing your rings it should be no problem.

I hadn't thought of not wearing my  engagement ring to keep it clean. I'll probably wear it anyways, doesn't matter too much to me.

You might want to bring both receipts just in case, but I wouldn't worry too much if you are wearing them on your way back. How much time between now and your wedding? I hate having mt ring off even for a few minutes. After all, I always said it was the one thing I would wear always and forever. They are made to be worn and shown off. I wear mine everyday and work in a refinery!

I plan to wear my rings on my way back. I have just learned that since I work in the hospital in a clinic there is now a authority wide hand hygeine policy in effect in which we are no longer allowed to wear any rings except a plain band. My wedding is in less than 1 month. At first when I took my ring off, I felt naked but now not so bad but I still have to remind myself that I am not suppose to have it on now at least if I want to have it looking sparkly. Oh, BTW, I use alot of hand cream and my ring has many grooves and diamonds long the band so cream gets in it easily.

Are you able to wear your rings on a chain around your neck? I keep a soft toothbrush for cleaning my ring. I was also told by my jeweler to soak it for a few minutes in windex and then rinse if it's really full of ick. I guess now you'll have to get an extra band to wear at work?

I will be wearing my e-ring to T&C for our wedding and we are carrying the wedding bands in our carry on luggage. We are going to leave all of those in the safe at home before we go on our honeymoon in Bora Bora. Its one of the reasons we fly back home for one day before heading on our honeymoon, we wanted time to put it in the safe deposit box.