Is this incredibly nice or kind of wacky?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RobbyC

• Site Supporter
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

My FMIL has started to plan my bridal shower.  Which is fine, but I am not getting married until 11/11/11.  In July, she had the date set for 10/9/11.  I found out yesterday from my fiance that she is making the napkins for the shower!  Isn't that the strangest thing ever?!  I mean I am flattered, but still think it's a little weird.  I guess she likes me right? 

#2 clgriffi7

• Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

It definitely means she likes you.  But I think it might also mean that she is a planner and once she has an idea she want so see it come to life.  I am the same way.  I am not getting maried until November 2011 as well, but I have started ordering stuff for the wedding that could seriously wait, but once I have an idea I have to follow through.

#3 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

Aww, that's sweet! She's just seems super excited, haha.

#4 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

Oh, and she def. likes you!

#5 Aumuller

• 365 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

I think thats really cute. It means she wants it to be a really great party.

#6 jennypenny23

• 295 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

I agree with the ladies! She really likes you and wants to host a fabulous bash in your honor!

#7 Jessie

• 231 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

Wow!  It's slightly weird to plan that far in advance, but definitely sweet!  She's just excited about you getting married and throwing you a shower! 

#8 karyan

• 184 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

My FMIL was trying to show me dresses he minute we got engaged! Mine doesn't have any daughters so I think she see's this as a chance to do girlie stuff for a change. Just go with it but make sure you are ok with everything too!

#9 msglave

• 933 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:27 AM

That's nice but hopefully she doesn't turn into one of those monster-in-laws who ends up trying to plan the entire wedding.

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                    Our keycard holders w/ template & pics

#10 islandbride8

• 315 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:26 AM

I think it's sweet. She's caught up in the moment and sounds like she wants to cherish the moment.  I can see how this could make you a little uncomfortable, but I don't think that's her intention.  It seems like she knows her role, because she's making things for the shower and not your wedding.  It seems like she could be a useful asset as your wedding approaches and she won't shy away from lending a helping hand!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users