Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is it rude if I send my STD in English (part of it) to my family if most of them are French?

 

It's kind of hard to translate Save the date in French!

 

 

feedback.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you perhaps put something like "Remember the date" or some other verb that would be easier to translate? Do they not speak English at all? I'm assuming you're fluent in French, but if not I have a friend who is and I'd be glad to ask her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm French rofl.gif so I can translate but I think it's not as cute as Save the date!

 

I will maybe say something like reserve the date (in French)...

 

Fannie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about translating my STDs in French for my family in France but they all know basic english and it was too much hassle to do an entire set just for them. "Reservez la Date" or "Reservez-nous Cette Date" was the closest translation I could come up with. It just sounds funny because it's not really done. If you and your DH only speak French to your families, it might be seen a little strange to be sending an english STD. Also, will you be doing your invitations in French or English or both?

 

-Vi-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by royfa View Post
I'm French rofl.gif so I can translate but I think it's not as cute as Save the date!

I will maybe say something like reserve the date (in French)...

Fannie

I think that would work. Obviously there's no literal translation but they should get the point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by calyx6 View Post
I thought about translating my STDs in French for my family in France but they all know basic english and it was too much hassle to do an entire set just for them. "Reservez la Date" or "Reservez-nous Cette Date" was the closest translation I could come up with. It just sounds funny because it's not really done. If you and your DH only speak French to your families, it might be seen a little strange to be sending an english STD. Also, will you be doing your invitations in French or English or both?

-Vi-
I will be doing my invitations in French only! So I guess I will send my STD in Fench too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydensMama View Post
I think if they can read english then its totally fine! If not then its kinda rude.
It's not a problem, they can read English very well! pinkie.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having the same issues since Save the Date is not easily translated to Spanish and sending one is not common practice in Mexico.

 

I ended up only sending them in English sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
I was having the same issues since Save the Date is not easily translated to Spanish and sending one is not common practice in Mexico.

I ended up only sending them in English sad.gif
It's suck that they don't offer the possibility to translate in other language!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×