OOps sorry to all..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 love88

love88
  • Banned
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

I didnt realize (i tend to read rules last instead of first) that i wasnt supposed to request emails of templates..soo I apologize for doing so a couple of times.. I didnt realize you need 150 posts to qualify to download.  I am now at 150 post however I still cannot download templates..can someone help me?  Again my apologies for not reading the rules totally before asking.

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

Have you tried searching?  This topic has been discussed at length in various threads...

#3 love88

love88
      • Banned
      • 155 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

thank you..i will try that now :)

#4 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:23 AM

I'd recommend reading all the rules before you do anything else.  They're in place for a reason and it's easy to break one if you don't know them.

Also, when you open a thread, take a look at the date of it in the left hand corner.  There were a lot of comments from you this morning on threads that were 2, 3, 4 years old.  Of course when an old thread is relevent, it's great to revive it and you should, but sometimes bumping a lot just to say something like "pretty colors" kind of frustrates people.

#5 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
          • Banned
          • 206 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Kristy! 

sometimes bumping a lot just to say something like "pretty colors" kind of frustrates people.

Is there any kind of official rule on doing this?  It drives me crazy to see page after page of "thanks for sharing/good idea/nice colors" type posts on super old threads.  It take forever to sort through to the new, relevent topics.  I also think incessant bumping takes away from the personal side of the site; meaning after you see someone post the same thing to 50 people, it's clear (at least to me) they're just trying to increase their post count to get out of the dreaded noobie category.

I'm sure my comments might irrirate some people but I've been thinking this for a little while now and was nervous to say anything because I'm still kind of new and didn't to ruffle any feathers.

~~ Lea ~~
            January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
            (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#6 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,490 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 

Is there any kind of official rule on doing this?  It drives me crazy to see page after page of "thanks for sharing/good idea/nice colors" type posts on super old threads.  It take forever to sort through to the new, relevent topics.  I also think incessant bumping takes away from the personal side of the site; meaning after you see someone post the same thing to 50 people, it's clear (at least to me) they're just trying to increase their post count to get out of the dreaded noobie category.

I'm sure my comments might irrirate some people but I've been thinking this for a little while now and was nervous to say anything because I'm still kind of new and didn't to ruffle any feathers.

Lea, no there is not really an official rule against bumping old threads just to get your post count up. You are not the only one who finds it frustrating by any means! As a B2B I bet it is even more frustrating for you than for us old Mrs.'s!

#7 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:09 AM

All I know is that it's against forum rules to copy and paste the same thing multiple times because it's considered spamming.  I know members who have gotten temp bans for this.  If you see that happening, hit the little red flag in the bottom lefthand corner of the post to report it to a mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users