Jump to content
bikegirl

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

Recommended Posts

We're getting there on the 7th, crazy how time is starting to pick speed. I was going  to do welcome bags but then I wanted so much it seemed like such a project so I totally scratched that idea and just got nice aromatherapy candles I got matches with our name and date and mini wine bottles with personalized labels and calling it a day, I will post a pic soon

 

Originally Posted by katy41500 View Post

I'm getting married on November 3rd- we'll be getting there on the 1st, and staying through the weekend. I can't believe summer is almost over and November is coming so soon! Deesanders33, thanks for the info! I took a look at the picasa photo link, and I think the beach set-up will be sufficient. What are you ladies doing for welcome bags for your guests? My mom wants to start getting supplies, but I'm not sure how much stuff should go in them. Thanks again!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will cross paths! :) I am getting married on Oct 25th but staying two weeks and will be leaving on the 5th at night :) I can come watch your wedding :P LOL

 

Im doing welcome bags but probably on a smaller scale yet. its the next project to finalize on my list. I have bought a bunch of stuff already but its all smaller. I will do larger welcome bags for the wedding party. I'll keep you posted as i should have this all sorted in the next week or two :)

Originally Posted by katy41500 View Post

I'm getting married on November 3rd- we'll be getting there on the 1st, and staying through the weekend. I can't believe summer is almost over and November is coming so soon! Deesanders33, thanks for the info! I took a look at the picasa photo link, and I think the beach set-up will be sufficient. What are you ladies doing for welcome bags for your guests? My mom wants to start getting supplies, but I'm not sure how much stuff should go in them. Thanks again!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still sad i am going to just miss you :(

 

Originally Posted by Miss Sunshyne View Post

Hey Katy41500, what's your wedding date?, mine is 11/12/11. I know of another bride getting married the same day as I, and I'm sure there will be atleast two weddings on 11/11/11.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet1480, you are welcome to stop by the wedding! Hopefully it will all be going well. Another question- are you ladies wearing heels for the ceremony? My mom suggested wearing flats, but I'm only 5'1. I don't want to sink into the sand, but I don't want to fall over in front of my guests. My first fitting is coming up soon, and I need to have my shoes by then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

katy21500 - I'm short too and I always pictured myself wearing heels at my wedding. But in reality, this is the one day & night that I do not want my feet to hurt. I ended up finding these absolutely beautiful Valentino sandals on ebay (pictured below)! They are soo comfortable but still elegant and even though they don't add height, that jewel will look stunning peeping out from under my dress. So maybe you want to consider something like that? You'll be glad that you chose a flat when you can still dance and party pain-free until all hours of the night!
 

!CDQKKzg!2k~$(KGrHqUOKiUE0qg8GGGuBNN5nZVZhg~~0_3.JPG

Originally Posted by katy41500 View Post

Janet1480, you are welcome to stop by the wedding! Hopefully it will all be going well. Another question- are you ladies wearing heels for the ceremony? My mom suggested wearing flats, but I'm only 5'1. I don't want to sink into the sand, but I don't want to fall over in front of my guests. My first fitting is coming up soon, and I need to have my shoes by then!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wearing barefoot sandals. i'll put heels on for the reception :) .... I met Chelsea on this forum and she is amazing and designs the most FANTASTIC jewelry.. originally i asked her to just do my barefoot jewelry...i fell in love with her work and she is so sweet and provides great service that i engaged her to make my earrings, barefoot jewelry for my wedding party, and all my TTD jewelry LOL you should check her out!!! so if you are interested in barefoot jewelry here is her contact info :) i also put a pic of my collection below :)

 

    JanetB-Wedding+TTD collection12.jpg


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by katy41500 View Post

Janet1480, you are welcome to stop by the wedding! Hopefully it will all be going well. Another question- are you ladies wearing heels for the ceremony? My mom suggested wearing flats, but I'm only 5'1. I don't want to sink into the sand, but I don't want to fall over in front of my guests. My first fitting is coming up soon, and I need to have my shoes by then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Janet,

 

You are so sweet and I can't put into words how appreciative I am of you sharing your experience. It was such an organic process with you. From the moment you sent me photos of your bracelet and dress I knew exactly what I wanted to design for you. 

 

moroccanmermaidbracelet&earrings2.jpggypsychandelier&bfjcloseup.jpggypsy chandelier1.jpgmoroccanmermaidbfj.jpgmoroccanmermaidbfj4.jpg
 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

I am wearing barefoot sandals. i'll put heels on for the reception :) .... I met Chelsea on this forum and she is amazing and designs the most FANTASTIC jewelry.. originally i asked her to just do my barefoot jewelry...i fell in love with her work and she is so sweet and provides great service that i engaged her to make my earrings, barefoot jewelry for my wedding party, and all my TTD jewelry LOL you should check her out!!! so if you are interested in barefoot jewelry here is her contact info :) i also put a pic of my collection below :)

    JanetB-Wedding+TTD collection12.jpg


 

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies,

I read a few negative reviews on Arricefe the preferred photog vendor for PPC.  anyone else use them and have any feedback?  Good or bad?

I have emailed Teresa, but you guys are usually faster... is there a fee at PPC to bring in another photographer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey hatfiehm, there is a $120 fee to bring in an outside photographer. We've hired Photo Souvenir and are super excited about it :-)

 

Everyone else--have you stayed or had guests stay in regular rooms and were they okay? The reviews are sort of freaking of me out. It sounds like things are okay if we get into the rooms that have been renovated. Does anybody know what buildings to request to get in the good "normal" rooms? I'm worried about our guests quality of stay.....

 

Also, does the resort offer any excursions/tours?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×