Having trouble deciding.....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

This site is pretty cool, but I feel like TMI. We can't decide where to have out DW. It's down to 5 places: Bahamas, Jamaica, Las Vegas, Walt Disney World or Myrtle Beach. Some of the things I've read here are scary. Any one want to comment or recommend? I'm all ears. We have a small group - about 20. We've both done this before so it's going around again, and we're older, not young thirty-somethings. I want a little bit classy, a little bit elegant because of my age, but I still want our group to have fun. Help??

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#2 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
  • Banned
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Based on what you have said I would recommend narrowing it down to the Bahamas, Jamaica, or Las Vegas.  Next I would ask are you thinking beach fun or city/nightlife fun to either rule out or select Las Vegas.  If you chose beach fun, then one thing that could help sway you between the Bahamas and Jamaica could be flight prices if you are trying to keep the budget in check for your guests.

#3 2ndtimebride

2ndtimebride
    • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:31 PM

Definitely agree that with your specifications, Bahamas, Jamaica and Las Vegas should be your choices.  I personally think the Bahamas or Jamaica would give you a better experience in terms of class and elegance.

#4 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

thanks for the comments so far.... Bahamas is where I'm leaning but we have 2 of our children that are on tight budgets thus thinking within the U.S.  I've checked on the RIU but I've also heard a few scary things about having a wedding there. yes - budget is definitely a consideration since our children will also be bringing our grandchildren. just TOO many things to consider and also to try and consider everyone else. I'm still all ears if anyone else wants to suggest, comment or recommend

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#5 gersbja

gersbja
      • 152 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

Welcome!!!

I vote Jamaica.... I still have not picked a place...but everything i have looked into seems so beautiful and with in my price range.  Check out the IRHS.

Good luck and happy planning

#6 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
        • Vendor
        • 323 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:11 AM

Hola!

Welcome to the forum and above all, congratulations for your engagement!

Have you thought about the Riviera maya? One of the best things about Riviera Maya is the fact that you can get everything you dream, and it goes from the simplest things, up to the most elaborated...
          I am certain that you would love it.

There are a lot of small boutique hotels that could host your wedding. Le Reve Hotel & Spa is part of them and if you would like to receive more information about our hotel and wedding packages, please feel free to contact us.

Your wedding is going to be full of magic and this website will help you a lot!

We wish you the best.

Happy planning.

Signature.png

Saludos desde Playa del Carmen!

#7 acw271011

acw271011
          • Moderators
          • 3,128 posts
          • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

we love Mexico and have gone there every year for about the last 6 years, but it's too much work to have everything translated and do the necessary documentation. plus we're both divorced and are just mssing the one year wait time required. at my age, believe me, for the purposes of the marriage licence I could very easily guarantee I'm not pregnant!!!! but it's just too much headache. we're trying to stay with a place where all our documents in English are ok to use and also where there is no wait time, or blood tests. but thank you for the recommendation! if anything changes, we could definitely take another look at Mexico. at this time, we aren't considering it.

at this point I think it will be Bahamas or Jamaica, now to just nail down where..... thanks for the vote on Rose Hall. I like the RIUs as well. I need to investigate this site some more and see if I can drum up the recs, or the negatives. thanks all for the input. you can keep it coming. I'm always open to suggestions, comments or recommendations.

event.png

#8 Punta Cana Weddings

Punta Cana Weddings
          • Banned
          • 217 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

Having trouble deciding.....

Congratulations & !!! You will love this site. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

My Punta Cana Weddings

5u84f48n.gif

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com

#9 Future_Mrs._Warren

Future_Mrs._Warren
            • 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

Congrats and Welcome!!

#10 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
              • 2,667 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hi,
              Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users